Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best online site to order from in terms of fast delivery?

Options
  • 04-12-2014 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Just wondering what online sites are the most efficient to order from?
    I'm currently experiencing a really bad situation with GameStop where I ordered a console last Monday afternoon from their site and it is still hasn't even been dispatched yet despite selecting next day delivery. No communication from them so I emailed them yesterday and got a "due to Black Friday and Cyber Monday, there's a delay in shipments blah blah" reply. I know it won't arrive tomorrow either as it would have to be shipped by now so it's spilling over into next week.
    Needless to say, I won't be giving them my business again.
    So I'm just wondering where is the best site to order from for us Irish gamers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

AMAZON.CO.UK

Everything below this post is incorrect :P

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That's the problem really. There's not really any great options for release day delivery. Amazon will usually leave you waiting until Monday or Tuesday after the Friday of release, GameStop are entirely unreliable and the likes of Zavvi could leave you waiting for a couple of weeks. Gamesnash were good for release day delivery but seem to be gone now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Would agree with cormac amazon is best, as long as you dont mind not getting it on release day.Great customer service too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

^ You've caused some sort of oxymoron or something here now with that post

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Polar101

I know this is now incorrect as per post #2, but the options are really limited - I don't think the other online retailers can compete with Amazon any more.

If I had to buy something locally, I'd probably go with Argos - they have decent deals at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Polar101 wrote: »
    I know this is now incorrect as per post #2, but the options are really limited - I don't think the other online retailers can compete with Amazon any more.

If I had to buy something locally, I'd probably go with Argos - they have decent deals at least.

But expensive, and not online.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Anne Summers?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

dmcg90 wrote: »
    But expensive, and not online.

In fairness Argos are easily the cheapest high-street store to buy new releases from and are often the same price as Amazon for titles at launch. Only thing is after the first week of sale of a new game, the price can creep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Shop-to. When ordering with them I usually get my games on or before release day their shipping prices are alright but you might have problems entering your credit/debit card due to the usual "post code" required malarky.

HMV/Xtravision and Smyths are also pretty quick. Smyths do next day delivery and my brothers PS4 with Destiny arrived from HMV 4 days before release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mackD

Thanks for the replies folks.
    I had completely forgotten about Smyths actually.
    I wonder would Littlewoods be any good considering they have an Irish branch to order from too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Amazon.co.uk next day delivery with Parcel Motel. If a game is released on Friday I get them on Saturday evening.

Advertisement