Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Boots pharmacy have a facility for printing Android phone photos?

Options
  • 18-09-2020 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if Boots Pharmacy have a facility for printing out photos from a smartphone?

If so, is this complicated to do?

Anyone who ever used this facility before, is this expensive, how much per photo usually?

Will I need to bring my own phone USB cable with me for this?

Thank you.:)

Comments

You can do it through their website (if your photos are in the cloud) or through their app if they're only on your phone, and then just pick them up in store. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭I am me123

You can do it through their website (if your photos are in the cloud) or through their app if they're only on your phone, and then just pick them up in store. :)

Whats the app called?

Is it Boots photo?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I am me123 wrote: »
    Whats the app called?

Is it Boots photo?

Looks like it. I didn't know if it applied to the UK only so started up my Boots Ireland app, tapped on 'photo' at the bottom of the main menu and it's asking me to install the 'Booots Photo' app so it must be usable by Irish users ......

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.boots.photo

But you could also bring the phone to your local pharmacy or photo shop with the USB cable, they can plug you in and access the photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭I am me123

coylemj wrote: »
    Looks like it. I didn't know if it applied to the UK only so started up my Boots Ireland app, tapped on 'photo' at the bottom of the main menu and it's asking me to install the 'Booots Photo' app so it must be usable by Irish users ......

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.boots.photo

But you could also bring the phone to your local pharmacy or photo shop with the USB cable, they can plug you in and access the photos.

Thanks so much.
    If I bring phone & usb cable to Boots to print the phone photos off, will I be able to print them straighaway and be ready to take home the same day?
    How much approx to print off photos in chemist, e.g. Boots pharmacy, regular sized photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭wandererz

I'd suggest getting a USB key that can plug into your phone.

E.g. If your phone has a USB type C port then use this
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08CVQDX1K/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_fab_YGIzFbY3AA9FY

Or use an adapter like this that supports usb-c and micro USB ports

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01JJ1VDQK/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_fab_uMIzFb86WNHFH

Copy the photos to usb and then plug that into any photo printing machine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Guitar_Monkey

The app works for instore pick up...but its a few days. Some stores have photo kiosks. Jervis st and Liffey Valley being the main dublin ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I am me123 wrote: »
    Thanks so much.
    If I bring phone & usb cable to Boots to print the phone photos off, will I be able to print them straighaway and be ready to take home the same day?
    How much approx to print off photos in chemist, e.g. Boots pharmacy, regular sized photos?

Boots have all the cables you need.

The only thing is, going straight from your phone can take a while and sometimes spools out of time (now I had 100's) on my phone.

What I started to do was upload them onto my laptop and just transfer the ones I wanted to print onto a USB key and bring that.

It was also a way to protect my privacy etc.

Depends on what boots store you use, I know liffey valley and jervis you can leave them for collection in an hour or overnight, it's cheaper that way.. Other stores it's immediate printing and costs a couple of cent more per picture.

They are reasonably priced and I've never had a problem with the quality.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

you can print on your printer you can buy photo paper at 2 euro stores

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    you can print on your printer you can buy photo paper at 2 euro stores

If you have a printer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

If you're looking for colour prints (rather than photo quality prints) public libraries are also an option (during opening hours). Handy if you have one near you, but I wouldn't expect high quality. They use Surfbox and can print, copy and scan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

What I started to do was upload them onto my laptop and just transfer the ones I wanted to print onto a USB key and bring that.

It was also a way to protect my privacy etc.

+1 OP, this is very good advice. It saves you telling the Boots employee which photos you want printed so they’re not scrolling through dozens or hundreds of photos. It also means you’re less likely to come home and realise that you left out a few that you wanted printed. And when they plug your phone into their machine, the grid of photos could be up on a display for other customers to see - copying the ones you want printed onto a USB stick at home will minimise the time you spend discussing the print options at the counter.

Advertisement