Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Families search for Fitzgerald, Smith and Enright

Options
  • 12-12-2014 5:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi all
    Can someone please help me find information and possibly living relatives of the following families.

Thank you all in advance

Area - DUBLIN (RC) , Parish/Church/Congregation - ST. ANDREW

Marriage of THOMAS FITZGERALD of 26 CLARENDON STREET and HENRIETTA SMITH of 9 CHATHAM ST on 26 April 1873
    Husband Wife
    Name THOMAS FITZGERALD HENRIETTA SMITH
    Address 26 CLARENDON STREET 9 CHATHAM ST
    Occupation N/R N/R
    Father JOHN FITZGERALD CHARLES SMITH
    Mother N/R N/R
    Further details in the record
    Witness 1 JOHN WALSH
    Witness 2 MARY THOMPSON

They also Lived in the following addresses

CHRISTINA FITZGERALD of 19 ESSEX ST E on 5 January 1874
    MARIA FITZGERALD of 5 LONGFORD STREET on 27 September 1875
    THOMAS FITZGERALD of 9 RIDDLES ROW on 20 July 1877

also

Area - DUBLIN (RC) , Parish/Church/Congregation - ST. ANDREW

Marriage of JAMES ENRIGHT of 4 CLARENDON STREET and CATHARINE FITZGERALD of 4 CLARENDON ST on 22 May 1870
    Husband Wife
    Name JAMES ENRIGHT CATHARINE FITZGERALD
    Address 4 CLARENDON STREET 4 CLARENDON ST
    Occupation N/R N/R
    Father JOHN ENRIGHT EDWARD FITZGERALD
    Mother N/R N/R
    Further details in the record
    Witness 1 LAURENCE GORMAN
    Witness 2 MARGT ENRIGHT
    ==================================
    their children's Baptisms
    JOHN ENRIGHT of 6 CLARENDON ST on N/R N/R 1871
    MARGARET ENRIGHT of 19 WICKLOW ST on N/R N/R 1876
    THOMAS PATRICK ENRIGHT of 19 WICKLOW ST on N/R N/R 1879
    JAMES EDWARD ENRIGHT of 19 WICKLOW ST on N/R N/R 1874

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

> Can someone please help me find information and possibly living relatives of the following families.

Possibly but there's a LOT of work to be done here involving hours of study and spending money to purchase records. You'll need to find a clever fellow with a lot of time on his hands or pay someone to do some research I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭KildareFan

Irishgenealogy gives the following children of Thomas Fitzgerald & Henrietta Smith:
    Emily Christina Fitzgerald
    http://churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/details/3cdae70076727
    Maria Fitzgerald http://churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/details/f3eb4d0077451
    Thomas Fitzgerald http://churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/details/f07c3d0117615

I found a death of a 31 year old Henrietta Fitzgerald in 1877 [Dublin North 1877, vol 12 p357] - it's possible that Henrietta died in childbirth. You'd need to get the death certificate at the GRO to check this out.

I'd suggest searching the 1901 census to find out if anyone was left in Dublin/Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 juan2b

Ponster wrote: »
    > Can someone please help me find information and possibly living relatives of the following families.

Possibly but there's a LOT of work to be done here involving hours of study and spending money to purchase records. You'll need to find a clever fellow with a lot of time on his hands or pay someone to do some research I think...

Thanks for your advice

Thank you for you very helpful information and for you research, it's much appreciated
    Thanks again!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

juan2b wrote: »
    Thanks for your advice

Sorry I couldn't be of more help !

It might be possible to get as far as 1911 but beyond that will cost money. Maybe not a lot but it'll be impossible to do for free.

This may be one of the cases though where a site like Rootsireland might be worth throwing 20euro at them for a months subscription. That way you can search for example for the children's marriages and knowing the parents names you can filter out the bad results. This should get you up to 1920-ish.

for example this looks like it could be the marriage record for one of the kids.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FYZH-ZTB
    Elizabeth Christina Fitzgerald
    Ireland, Civil Registration Indexes
    Name: Elizabeth Christina Fitzgerald
    Event Type: Marriage
    Event Date: Apr - Jun 1899
    Event Place: Dublin North, Ireland
    Registration Quarter and Year: Apr - Jun 1899
    Registration District: Dublin North
    Volume Number: 2
    Page Number: 490

with that info you can order a marriage cert for 5euro, or with RootsIreland you could check first (only after paying at least 20e though!) and see if the parents names in the cert match up (Thomas and Henrietta).|If you do then you can either view the transcript to see who she married on RootsIreland or order the cert at the GRO (or both...)

• Advertisement

Thank you very much
    I'm not too long out of hospital, so my replies are short, But that helps me greatly, I appreciate your reply . thanks alot !

Also KildareFan .. YOU were right about her dying , and 2 months later her baby Thomas died

You a very helpful indeed

Advertisement