Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-02-2020, 20:19   #1

Plastic waste gonemad - everybody do one thing now,!

I'm cutting back totally on milk
Advertisement
19-02-2020, 20:19   #2

Pledge here
(2) thanks from:
19-02-2020, 20:23   #3
Allinall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xwebstar2. View Post
Buy cartons of milk.
(2) thanks from:
19-02-2020, 20:23   #4
Fakediamond

Stop putting bananas in plastic bags, it drives me bananas!
19-02-2020, 20:25   #5
corner of hells

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xwebstar2. View Post
Totally back to what ?
Advertisement
19-02-2020, 20:26   #6
Doctors room ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by corner of hells View Post
Totally back to what ?
Skim milk
(2) thanks from:
19-02-2020, 20:34   #7
Quantum Erasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allinall View Post
Buy cartons of milk.
drink straight from the cow
19-02-2020, 20:38   #8
Airyfairy12

It's a bit ridiculous how much plastic is used for everything to be fair. Fruit and veg dont need to be wrapped and bagged in plastic.
Theres other really good alternatives, recently bought a chocolate bar wrapped in a clear 'plastic' made from wood chippings. I genuinely thought it was real plastic until I read the label, I could literally throw it on the ground or in a compost heap and it would decompose and probably do the soil a bit of good. Theres also a hemp alternative that is really cheap to make. Either of these options, if mass produced, would result in millions of tree and plants being grown for the purpose of making packaging.
Companies and businesses dont care about producing less plastic unless we stop buying their products that are wrapped and packaged in it.
19-02-2020, 20:43   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airyfairy12 View Post
It's a bit ridiculous how much plastic is used for everything to be fair. Fruit and veg dont need to be wrapped and bagged in plastic.
Theres other really good alternatives, recently bought a chocolate bar wrapped in a clear 'plastic' made from wood chippings. I genuinely thought it was real plastic until I read the label, I could literally throw it on the ground or in a compost heap and it would decompose and probably do the soil a bit of good. Theres also a hemp alternative that is really cheap to make. Either of these options, if mass produced, would result in millions of tree and plants being grown for the purpose of making packaging.
Companies and businesses dont care about producing less plastic unless we stop buying their products that are wrapped and packaged in it.
It's getting worse

The supermarket meat counters are closing and they're packaging mince and pork chops

All this plastic crap is being shipped out to under resourced countries, half of it burnt

Jeff bezos is posting his crap everywhere too
Advertisement
19-02-2020, 20:46   #10
BanditLuke

Quote:
Can you smoke those hemp wrappers? Asking for eh a friend.
19-02-2020, 20:46   #11
risteard7

It's just the cool Hipster trend atm, it'll go away shortly. The same with Veganism
(2) thanks from:
19-02-2020, 20:49   #12
Airyfairy12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditLuke View Post
Can you smoke those hemp wrappers? Asking for eh a friend.
Try it and get back to me haha
(2) thanks from:
19-02-2020, 20:51   #13
pgj2015

what gets me is the packaging that says not yet recyclable, one well know supermarket has a load of products with this message written on them. like when is it going to be recyclable? its not good enough in this day and age.
19-02-2020, 20:52   #14
Ubbquittious

Quote:
Was it 99 or 100% cocao?
19-02-2020, 20:53   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgj2015 View Post
what gets me is the packaging that says not yet recyclable, one well know supermarket has a load of products with this message written on them. like when is it going to be recyclable? its not good enough in this day and age.
When they're forced to make it recyclable

And when are we all going to take responsibility for all the waste and cut back and stop sending all our crap to Malaysia and other backwaters
(3) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion