Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much would I get .........

• 30-04-2010 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

if I was to trade my PS3 in to somewhere like gamestop (or any of those places) Since Ive started playing mw2 ive had nothing but problems with it :mad:

Like if I was to trade it in against a new one :confused:

Mine is a 40g fat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

If i were u, i would try selling it first on the internet. I have heard that there is a huge demand for the old fat models.

Try posting an Ad in adverts.ie or gumtree.ie
    They are free sites. Infact adverts.ie is a sister site of boards.ie

Honestly, i think u will get more money or a better deal if you sell it directly to a person rather than gamestop and internet is the best place to do so.

I saw an old phat 60 GB ps3 for sale at cashconverters in thomas street in dublin yesterday for 250 euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

What problems is there with it ? Are you sure its not just MW2 which has tons of problems or is it the console?

It will cost you around 100-150 to trade upto a slim. Seems like a waste of money to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

if I was to trade my PS3 in to somewhere like gamestop (or any of those places) Since Ive started playing mw2 ive had nothing but problems with it :mad:

Like if I was to trade it in against a new one :confused:

Mine is a 40g fat

You'd get €155 for it in Game anyway if you're trading it against another console, €135 cash. They gave me a leaflet when I bought my slim PS3 a month or so back with all their trade prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

jmx009 wrote: »
    If i were u, i would try selling it first on the internet. I have heard that there is a huge demand for the old fat models.

Try posting an Ad in adverts.ie or gumtree.ie
    They are free sites. Infact adverts.ie is a sister site of boards.ie

Honestly, i think u will get more money or a better deal if you sell it directly to a person rather than gamestop and internet is the best place to do so.

I saw an old phat 60 GB ps3 for sale at cashconverters in thomas street in dublin yesterday for 250 euros.

you see I don't want to sell it to someone incase it goes tits up like . The PS3 defo is not working correctly sometimes but only when I'm playing MW2 . It works perfect with any other game . I just wouldnt feel right selling it to someone , and it would probably be a young lad saving up for ages to buy it :( . I put a new blue-ray into it about 2 months ago

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I was told last month I'd get 170 euros from both Xtra Game and GAME.

• Advertisement

What problems is there with it ? Are you sure its not just MW2 which has tons of problems or is it the console?

It will cost you around 100-150 to trade upto a slim. Seems like a waste of money to be honest.

Sometimes the sound doesnt work ............like you won't hear your mates dying around you in MW2 , won't hear certain things during the game . The game itself is in bad shape but I just don't trust the PS3:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I have a 60Gb Phat model with backwards compatibility, card reader etc in mint condition. Its 2.5 years old.

Any idea how much its worth ? not including games accessories etc.

I was told last month I'd get 170 euros from both Xtra Game and GAME.

by people in there :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Sometimes the sound doesnt work ............like you won't hear your mates dying around you in MW2 , won't hear certain things during the game . The game itself is in bad shape but I just don't trust the PS3:mad:

If it only happens with 1 game then its that game not the console. Take your game to a mates house see if it does the same things

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

It sounds like the game more so the console but my mate has one of those models and it stopped playing Fifa but he can still play Arkham Asylum

• Advertisement
Advertisement