Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Messed up on my renewal, what can I expect?

Options
  • 19-02-2019 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭

This might be a bit rambling so please bear with me.

I got my insurance renewal in December, no problem with it - no big increase or anything. Policy due to renew mid-January. Do nothing if you pay by DD the letter said so I did nothing as I have always paid this way.

Roll on to this week and I get a letter from the insurance company to say they are sorry I chose not to renew with them this year. It only then dawned on me that I never got the disc for my renewal.

Picked up the phone this morning to see what was going on - turns out I paid my policy in full last year and they did not now have my DD instructions. Monumental cock-up on my part. I asked could they reactivate the policy, not possible, I was told I will have to be treated as a new customer.

This is ok in most cases but not for me unfortunately as I am carrying an open claim where I had an accident 3 years ago that still has not been fully settled. (Not my fault but by fault - car stopped suddenly in front and I tipped into it at low speed and 3 occupants with beautiful earrings jumped into 1 ambulance and took off to the hospital:mad:).

Anyway, the long and the short of it now is that I was told today that the proposal will have to go to the underwriters to see what terms they will offer. Does anyone have any idea what I can expect, I did have my bonus protected if that makes any difference.

Have had to park my car up and pick up a rental for the few days it might take to get this sorted.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

Update:
    Got sorted today, insurance company came back to say they will provide cover at pretty much the same price as my renewal premium was so I'm delighted with that. Now, if only they would finalise the claim!!

Advertisement