Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re mould on ceilings over windows... Proper answer

Options
  • 18-02-2019 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

If you've got mould over your windows on the edges of the ceiling.... It's embarrassing to say the least.. I couldn't even bring myself to show a trades man the mould... It's simple... Your house should be warm and your attic should be cold... Very cold!!... After all you have no rads in the attic do you? So if the céiling is not properly insulated in the attic (don't just pop your head into the attic... Go up and go and your hands and knees and check over the rooms that are giving the mould problem. the ceiling will be exposed a d you'll find that the tradesman first day didn't push the insulation all the way in to cover the edges of the ceiling... Having this exposed makes the céilíng downstairs pretty cold.. Especially over the windows... Usually this will be viable as a long line of mould corner to corner over the window. The heat in the room will rush to the cold spots along the ceiling over the windows causing mould in winter.. Buy a roll of insulation for a few quid and make sure that the céiling is fully covered I. The attic edges... Just my two cents worth..

Advertisement