Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If someone comes on your property without your permission are they breaking the law?

Options
  • 17-02-2019 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭
    EMar Sounds

Hi,

Someone I know went to their kitchen and discovered 3 guys in their garden,
    They left themselves in by the side entrance and were looking around the property.

When they were confronted they made up some bs that they were taking to
    one of the neighbors and were told they might need some work done.

Not very professional at all, big mistake.

They never talk to these neighbors so these guys were making it up.
    The same guys called to a few other homes on the same street, they all said they felt pressured and threatened by these guys.

So I'd like to know have they broken the law by entering the property without anyone's permission on that property.
    When the law do nothing about it how should we deal with it, should we meet up with them, pretend we need some work done? see what they have to say.

Their website is elitepavementandlandscaping.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

pictures of all their work is from the states, id wager theyre 'nomadic' folks scoping out for house robberies or doing some bad tarmac , make sure youve a monitored alarm and inform gardai they were being suspicious

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Sounds wrote: »
    Hi,

Someone I know went to their kitchen and discovered 3 guys in their garden,
    They left themselves in by the side entrance and were looking around the property.

When they were confronted they made up some bs that they were taking to
    one of the neighbors and were told they might need some work done.

Not very professional at all, big mistake.

They never talk to these neighbors so these guys were making it up.
    The same guys called to a few other homes on the same street, they all said they felt pressured and threatened by these guys.

So I'd like to know have they broken the law by entering the property without anyone's permission on that property.
    When the law do nothing about it how should we deal with it, should we meet up with them, pretend we need some work done? see what they have to say for themselves.

Cultural paving

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Sounds
    EMar Sounds

As far as I know the garda said they can't do anything about it, without proof lol
    Personally I know how I'd like to deal with them, but I don't want to go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,314 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

pictures of all their work is from the states, id wager theyre 'nomadic' folks scoping out for house robberies or doing some bad tarmac , make sure youve a monitored alarm and inform gardai they were being suspicious

Presumably this thread is based around events in the states as well, given that they spoke to the neighbor.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

100% that site is lifted directly from a template using US imagery..

Given that the site is so obviously a scam I'd not be happy to have had those fellas kicking about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

Sounds really dodgy to me.
    Are they Irish ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭Homer

Hi,

When the law do nothing about it how should we deal with it, should we meet up with them, pretend we need some work done? see what they have to say for themselves.

Mod deletion - Politically incorrect language

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Phone number brings up this site too https://olearypavingandlandscaping.com/contacts/

EMar Sounds

They're handing out flyers, that's how I got their website and fb page and numbers.
    We'll let the law know what's going on, although I feel I want to meet these pricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

pavingpavees.com

• Advertisement

aaakev wrote: »
    Phone number brings up this site too https://olearypavingandlandscaping.com/contacts/

sounds like one of them robbed a computer and figured out the aul internet , few ropey paving and landscaping sites, be grand.

My old man was brilliant with these kind of people.
    He worked in the department of justice, so could speak their language.
    They're very much afraid of settled people who are able for them.
    Because we are definitely different.

Always tell them you can be a bigger kn@¢{=® than them if they kick off....

EMar Sounds

Strength in numbers yea know what you mean, thinking the same thing, I can arrange that.

We don't need these kind of creatures near our homes, going around conning people.
    They're so unsuccessful at being human beings, all they know is a life of theft.
    Scum of the earth, the best way to deal with them is make them disappear.

What happens when they let themselves into someone's home and they can't get them out,
    They will keep you talking while the others rob your home.

So what do we do, wait for the law to get their thumbs out of their butts or do something about it?

Sorry this makes me angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

South east yes. I didn't think of searching the imagery but thanks for the info.
    They're handing out flyers that's how I got their website and fb page.
    We'll let the law know what's going on, although I feel I want to meet these pricks.
    Replying to before you edited, if your confident you can handle it go for it

EMar Sounds

I'm confident in the people I know, but I don't want to go there.
    Home security is a good start but that won't stop them entering people's property.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

I live outside of, but near, their "coverage area," in a remote rural area. They came to my house and one banged on the back door like they were making a drug bust. Scared the bejaysus out of me. I was not friendly. They then proceded across the road to my elderly neighbours' house.
    I thought I had saved their "slick" (not) tri-fold promo to share, but apparently it made its way to where it really belonged.
    I've considered a No Trespassing sign, but....
    Maybe an ill-tempered Alsatian....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

....and a parrot who keeps reciting "Jesus is watching you" until the intruder turns on the lights and sees ......"Jesus"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Hedgelayer wrote: »
    My old man was brilliant with these kind of people.
    He worked in the department of justice, so could speak their language.
    They're very much afraid of settled people who are able for them.
    Because we are definitely different.

Always tell them you can be a bigger kn@¢{=® than them if they kick off....

No doubt about it. Probably cause people with common sense or a decent amount of intelligence scare them! Hah

EMar Sounds

You were brave, but you know this is not the first time it happened these people, many people in many areas.
    Another evening 3 foreigners knocked on the front door, while the homeowner was trying to get them to leave
    one of them was already upstairs behind their back, I swear to god if that happens me, won't matter how many.
    They will be invited in, sorry for my anger but these kind of pricks deserve more than our good law force can offer.

EMar Sounds

Doolox what's the good lord going to do when these inhuman pricks rob people's homes? give it a rest.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

aaakev wrote: »

lol I know this guy
    meet his 17 year old son driving a brand new van with a mini digger on the trailer

last i heard was

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/man-caught-with-12k-in-cash-by-cab-was-homeless-829267.html

not going to post his name here but it aint o leary

Why don't we all start phoning their number's, make up addresses and have them like bunny rabbit s in headlights, running all over the country lol

Why don't we all start phoning their number's, make up addresses and have them like bunny rabbit s in headlights, running all over the country lol

Just make sure the actual address doesnt exist or else about 10 randomers wont have any copper pipe or wire left in the walls

Just make sure the actual address doesnt exist or else about 10 randomers wont have any copper pipe or wire left in the walls

Send them to mutton Island or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Simple_Simone

mynamejeff wrote: »

lol I know this guy

meet his 17 year old son driving a brand new van with a mini digger on the trailer

last i heard was

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/man-caught-with-12k-in-cash-by-cab-was-homeless-829267.html

Gotta love the line in that report which reads that he "had spent some time in the UK and Germany where he was suspected of being involved in tarmacking." :) I hadn't realised that tarmacking is now a crime!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Had a look at their gallery. The pictures are not from Ireland.
    Are they Irish ?
    Yes & no. At the same time.
    Maybe an ill-tempered Alsatian....
    They'll either poison the dog, or steal the dog.
    I've considered a No Trespassing sign, but....
    51GrVb0czlL._SX425_.jpg

EMar Sounds

I guess it is if you do a ****e job, they are out to rip people off, rob their homes and whatever else low lifes do for a living.

EMar Sounds

No matter how serious something is on here, it always seems we have a laugh off it.
    But really they are scum of the earth and the more people know about them the better.
    What I don't understand is the mentality of someone to just access someone's property
    without their permission and then make up a bs story like it's ok it doesn't matter to them.
    And then hand them a flyer, do they think people haven't discovered the net or nobody would track them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The folk who 'designed' the website presumably knew the photos were fake.

Like greedy bustard solicitors who facilitate fake claims, these guys should be called out on it.

• Advertisement
    EMar Sounds

The only work they'll be doing will be the houses they persuaded or tormented into getting work done, sad.
    A friend told me about a woman near dublin city who was talked into buying several generators, out of fear most likely.
    They deserve what they have coming.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement