Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interior Housing Costs

• 15-02-2019 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,

I could really use some advice - I am currently in the process of buying my first home, it is a 210 SQM detached two story and I have 2 options:

1. Buy the shell for 350K
    2. Buy at show house standard (minus furniture and appliances) for 395K

I'm wondering how much it would cost to get the house up to show house standard (bathrooms, closets, kitchen, floors etc) and does the additional 45K represent value?

Would love some advice on this?

Appreciate the help.

Brian.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,561 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

1. Do you have the skill set to project manage the finishing?
    2. Will you get a decent builder to do it at a better price that the guy already on site?
    3. What is the spec on the finish: e.g. is the kitchen cheap and cheerful or...
    4. what is the bathroom gear like:
    5. difficult to tell if it's value without the spec?
    6. If borrowing, will they give you the 45k?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TDKR1985

Do you have the skill set to project manage the finishing? - ABSOLUTELY NOT, FIRST TIME BUYER WITH ZERO EXPERIENCE

Will you get a decent builder to do it at a better price that the guy already on site? - THE SHOW HOUSE IS DONE TO AN EXCELLENT STANDARD, QUESTIONABLE IF I WOULD GET A SIMILAR STANDARD GOING ELSEWHERE

What is the spec on the finish: e.g. is the kitchen cheap and cheerful or...CHEAP AND CHEERFUL IF I WAS DOING IT

what is the bathroom gear like - BATHROOMS ARE OF A GOOD STANDARD IN THE SHOW HOUSE

If borrowing, will they give you the 45k? YES, BEEN APPROVED

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR THE FEEDBACK

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,781 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Pay for the finished article now. Based on your posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,648 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Is the plumbing and electrics included in the shell ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭enricoh

Dunno what part of the country you are in but its almost impossible to get people to do anything at the minute where i am in east meath.
    If you know plenty of lads or have buddist levels of patience go for it!
    If not pay the extra

• Advertisement
Advertisement