Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

naturalisation solicitor fees in Cork

Options
  • 12-02-2019 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Has anyone here applied Irish citizenship via naturalisation before? I would like to know do you pay a full service for a solicitor or complete all the forms on your own.

I contacted one solicitor about this topic last month and I was asked to make an appointment with €150 upfront fee. At this point, the solicitor had no idea who I am, and I did not even know what to prepare for that conversation.

I instantly got a feeling that this conversation will have many sessions, meaning many appointment needs to be made. It could sum up a big bill eventually.

If anyone had encountered the naturalisation process, tell me:

1. How did you apply Irish citizenship? on your own or by some services.
    2. How much did you pay for the services.
    3. would you please send me private message, what solicitor/service/commissioner did you go for

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I know multiple people that have done it and not one has even considered a solicitor. UK, American, Russian, Pakistani and Ukrainian Crimean (so complicated as hell). Edit - and Nigerian. All personal applications

If your application is uncomplicated - here legally for the time periods without any longer absences and no criminal record - you are pissing money away with a solicitor

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Mod note:

Not a political discussion issue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement