Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tikka t1x

Options
  • 11-02-2019 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Hello.
    Anyone got any experiences with the new tikka t1x in 17hmr yet?
    Some YouTube stuff out there saying it's great.
    Other stuff showing groups at 100m which aren't very impressive at all with group sizes 0.7 to 1.6 inches.
    My cz455 would eat that for breakfast.
    Have to say i like how it looks and handles, especially when upgraded to the bigger t3x stock.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nophd08

HW100S wrote: »
    Hello.
    Other stuff showing groups at 100m which aren't very impressive at all with group sizes 0.7 to 1.6 inches.
    Have to say i like how it looks and handles, especially when upgraded to the bigger t3x stock.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks.
    I have the hmr, 16" barrel, it's very light, stock is plastic /polymer but solid. Bolt is smooth, I think similar to the t3. 10 round mag, fully adjustable trigger. My thoughts are ( bearing in mind it's my first rimfire) that it's a hunting rifle. Very easy to carry around and handle. Can't really compare to let's say a cz thumbhole with a heavy barrel. The stuff on YouTube can be taken with a pinch of salt. A lot of rimfire forums prefer it to the cz. All down to personal preference but you can't really go far wrong with tikka. As you said, I think a t3x stock would turn it into a serious rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭HW100S

nophd08 wrote: »
    I have the hmr, 16" barrel, it's very light, stock is plastic /polymer but solid. Bolt is smooth, I think similar to the t3. 10 round mag, fully adjustable trigger. My thoughts are ( bearing in mind it's my first rimfire) that it's a hunting rifle. Very easy to carry around and handle. Can't really compare to let's say a cz thumbhole with a heavy barrel. The stuff on YouTube can be taken with a pinch of salt. A lot of rimfire forums prefer it to the cz. All down to personal preference but you can't really go far wrong with tikka. As you said, I think a t3x stock would turn it into a serious rifle.

Any comment on the group size? What's the accuracy like?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nophd08

Any comment on the group size? What's the accuracy like?
    Thanks.

Sorry but haven't got that far yet, I have a very basic scope and mounts and trigger needs adjustment. Out of the box, easily hitting a 4" spinner at 110 yards, changed that to a 2" spinner last weekend and 10 rounds on target, mildots on the scope were about the same size as the spinner at that distance... I'll report back when I have a few groups on paper, a decent scope, and a few hundred rounds through it, but overall I'm very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

Hello.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks.

I've been watching these with a keen eye. The first video to go up from the Ozzie lad didnt light my world on fire tbh. This is also the same lad who shoots regional comps with 5 figure rifles.. Theres another of a lad shooting 2e coins at 130 yards time after time. its a 500e hunting rifle.

I have a sako quad at the moment and its getting swapped in for one soon :p I have a spare PSE stock that shes going into with a little work all going well. Bashing bunnys and a few birdys will be the name of the game for me and Im pretty sure it'll keep me fairly happy.

Buy one.. if you dont like it sell it. Plenty of Cz's to be gotten again :)

'hdz

Advertisement