Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitted Wardrobes - recommendations?

Options
  • 03-02-2019 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

I need to get some fitted wardrobes in the house.

I've been looking online at:
    Robeplan
    Tegre
    Sliderobes
    Ikea
    Cash and Carry
    Komandor
    Kitchenworld.

My budget is max 2k for a large durable fitted wardrobe, 3 doors and possibly some drawers/accessories within. Maybe sliding doors. Ideally I want to get it cheaper than that but that's my absolute max price.

It's hard to find prices for some suppliers online but I was told Sliderobes are very expensive. Cash and Carry mention a sample price of 1.4k.

Anyone have any recommendations, advice based on past experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭tcif

Used Tegre a few years back and happy with result/price

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

I got foil wrapped wardrobes some years ago, which are now delaminating, like the glue under the foil didn't bond to the MDF layer.
    The installation and the foil wrapping were both Offaly sourced.
    I'm considering puncturing the big blister to get some glue in.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

https://www.panellingcentre.ie/wardrobes.html

I got my built in wardrobe from here.
    And a local handyman installed for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 phoebees

I got a fitted corner wardrobe from Skon Design a few years ago. The quality is superior and the staff is extremely professional and helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Slaine2

I just used ROBEPLAN for sliding wardrobe and dresser for my daughter's room. I found them great!, from Barry the lad who came and measured, who's ideas were great and saved us some money (using 2 doors rather than 3), the fitting and quality of the units are excellent and just look amazing and Liz in the office made it all seemless, they turned up when they said they would, finished when they said. I a happy camper! except now the wife is looking for the other room to be done. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

I fitted the PAX wardrobe configuration from IKEA,
    Used the digital planner overall spent a little under €1,000 on this one but it's got alot of quality items in it; automatic lights and soft close drawers and doors.
    See all parts and fitting in my thread here I've listed all items used in the process its after the floor, radiator and television fitting:
    https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/80864-living-room-project/?do=findComment&comment=766329

The only part I would change in the build there is the lights; IKEA now stock a plug in version which would be much better than the AA battery version which I fitted at the time; there quite hard on batteries last around 4 months and take 4 x AA batteries each that's 16 x AA batteries every four months to maintain illumination; I'll be changing to the plug I variant soon.
    Also I'd have purchased an additional PAX wardrobe shell to use one side of the shell to thicken the left side of the wardrobe creating a double layer thick; which would have brought the door panel further out from the left wall meaning that I wouldn't have had to cut a little bit off the skirting board as saw in the thread,
    But apart from that everything is excellent Quality and still going strong over one year later.

I've detailed all part numbers in the thread; hope you find it of interest; theres alot of pictures of the process.

Advertisement