Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is Business Studies & German accepted by the teaching council?

Options
  • 04-11-2018 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm in final year of said course and considering using it to become a secondary school teacher.

Is this possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Each subject is totally separate (including Business Studies and Business actually). If you have enough credits for Business, Business Studies, and German then you can be registered for all three!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Solomon Pleasant

Hi, thanks for the reply!

https://www.teachingcouncil.ie/en/Publications/Registration/Documents/Curricular-Subject-Requirements-up-to-Dec-2016.pdf

I was looking through this document and my course isn't listed. My German level is good (C1), I've lived in Germany and it's been a major aspect of my course. The issue I think is that I haven't done much literature. Does this mean I cannot use the degree to become a teacher?

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

If you're only missing a few credits you can get them by completing additional modules.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Solomon Pleasant

Would that be possible as I am in final year?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Would that be possible as I am in final year?

You would be going back to do the PME anyway so could take on extra modules for credits then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement