Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesla Model S car insurance

Options
  • 28-05-2018 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭

Looking for some advise here.
    Has anyone here purchased a Tesla Model S as a company Car and managed to get it insured yet?
    I've only managed 1 quote so far of €2300 for a 2015 P85D, insured in the company name with both directors named.
    Struggling to get any other quotes so could do with some advise.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Have you bought it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Rod Fantana

Arachas brokers sorted me out with Allianz recently. Just over €2k for a new Model X 75D. €2,300 for a P85D is probably in the right zone. I presume you are starting off without any no claims bonus?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Giotto

OMI insurance brokers in Cork sorted me for an 85D. I would recommend them. Ask for Kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭barrier86

zep wrote: »
    Looking for some advise here.
    Has anyone here purchased a Tesla Model S as a company Car and managed to get it insured yet?
    I've only managed 1 quote so far of €2300 for a 2015 P85D, insured in the company name with both directors named.
    Struggling to get any other quotes so could do with some advise.
    Thanks

can I pm you?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

barrier86 wrote: »
    can I pm you?

Feel free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Bionicleg

I got mine with arachas, transferred my private nub to company policy for 1k. 2016 90d.

Arachas brokers sorted me out with Allianz recently. Just over €2k for a new Model X 75D. €2,300 for a P85D is probably in the right zone. I presume you are starting off without any no claims bonus?

€2300 is including the transfer of my personal no Claims to the company.
    So I'm thinking it's a bit steep. 20 years no claims todate

Sabre Man wrote: »
    Have you bought it yet?
    Yep it's paid for and all, waiting on collection

Giotto wrote: »
    OMI insurance brokers in Cork sorted me for an 85D. I would recommend them. Ask for Kiki
    Called then today and was informed the only quote if you call in, don't quote over phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Yep it's paid for and all, waiting on collection

You should join us at Tesla Owners Ireland on Facebook. We've got several members with company cars.

xsdirect.com and FBD may be able to help you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭barrier86

€2300 is including the transfer of my personal no Claims to the company.
    So I'm thinking it's a bit steep. 20 years no claims todate

I was going to mail you but this answered my question.

crazy money considering you're bringing a bonus over

Guys, thanks very much. Got sorted with Árachas for less than €1200. Delighted and just got car dropped off today. Great long weekend coming up��

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rfitzg

Hi all. Zurich told me they are currently not quoting on the Tesla Model S. I also called OMi in Cork and they said they don’t do quotes over the phone. He did go on to say car cover wasn’t really a big area for them so that’s fair enough. I’m looking to buy a Model S P85+ and just waiting for Arachas, xsdirect and FBD to call me back with quotes. Axa did quote me this am for €1,250 fully comp which is pretty reasonable. HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

rfitzg, is this for a Tesla company car?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rfitzg

biko wrote: »
    rfitzg, is this for a Tesla company car?

Hi biko. Just to clarify that quote was for personal use Tesla Model S with both myself and my girlfriend as named drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

We may as well expand into general Tesla insurance.

Advertisement