Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MLB 2017 Playoff Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I’ve always hated ESPN’s strike zone box but am actually enjoying Fox’s much fainter one that they use. Having the velocity of the pitch is quite good I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Why do bt cut to ad breaks at the end of each inning or even mid inning with change of pitcher? Is there some licence thing where they can't show the home station analysis and/or American ad breaks?

Why do bt cut to ad breaks at the end of each inning or even mid inning with change of pitcher? Is there some licence thing where they can't show the home station analysis and/or American ad breaks?

America goes to breaks during those times too. I don’t think there’s too much (if any) between inning analysis on American broadcasts.

6 runs in 2.2 and Kluber’s done.

Some damage here in a 2 out situation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭boccy23

Wow! Kluber???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭boccy23

Interesting what John Smoltz was saying about Kluber's release point being off. Too many deep counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

6 runs in 2.2 and Kluber’s done.

Yes.. Come on now.. Load on the runs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

America goes to breaks during those times too. I don’t think there’s too much (if any) between inning analysis on American broadcasts.

Exactly. All ad breaks all the time.

Exactly. All ad breaks all the time.

Did you see they even had ads during mound visits tonight (split screen)? I never saw that before.

• Advertisement

Just got home and switched on..

What a comeback from the Indians

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

What a moment from Lindor. Moon shot

Just got home and switched on..

What a comeback from the Indians

I went to bed at 8-3. Bad decision!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Cubs two hit the Nats and take it 3-0. Really thought it could be the Nationals year, but two hits at home in a divisional series is brutal.

Astros against Indians would be an unbelievable ALCS.

Can’t wait to get the highlights of these in the morning but just reading Girardi’s comments on why he didn’t challenge a hit. “Didn’t want to affect pitcher’s rhythm”. Twitter is exploding as I’d imagine the NY papers will be in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,038 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Definitely some exciting baseball being played. Glad to see endless bullpen use actually doesn't work out - personally think there's WAY too much bullpen and not enough starters going deep, but I'm a fossil I suppose.

Read an interview with Tommy John on a Mets blog. His opinion is that all the injuries are because they don't train like they used to - by throwing. He'd hurt his elbow first as a kid, but in those days you never revealed an injury, it was a guarantee to be off the team. So he pitched for whatever it was, 10 years, then 2 years off to rehab from his now-famous surgery, and pitched successfully a bunch more years afterwards. Said the only training pitchers got in those days, was pitching and not trying to throw every pitch at 100mph. I totally agree with the guy.
    Another interesting anecdote, he said he was a coach somewhere, maybe minor league Dodger coach or ML coach, and talked to the front office about pitching backwards - righties pitching to lefties and so forth, with more reliance on offspeed accuracy. Front office said, "That's interesting," and that was the end of it. They wanted the 'numbers' matchup and everyone to be a flamethrower.

Interesting interview: http://metsmerizedonline.com/2017/10/mmo-exclusive-interview-tommy-john.html/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Cubs two hit the Nats and take it 3-0. Really thought it could be the Nationals year, but two hits at home in a divisional series is brutal.

Astros against Indians would be an unbelievable ALCS.

Massive win for the Cubs. In the driving seat now.

I went to bed at 8-3. Bad decision!

I fell asleep in the middle of the 10th.. Absolutely raging the Indians got back into it.. They'll complete the sweep Sunday night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

I didn't realise that he lifted Sabathia so early - that was crazy.

• Advertisement

I didn't realise that he lifted Sabathia so early - that was crazy.

He didn't help himself at all with his explanation of that decision or the decision not to challenge the hit by pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Cubs have blown up in the 8th. 3-1 to 3-6.

PhilipsR wrote: »
    Cubs have blown up in the 8th. 3-1 to 3-6.

With Scherzer going in Game 3 (presuming his hammy's alright), they could be in a bit of trouble now.

Dodgers have passed their first test.
    Was convinced that we'd split the first two games at best.
    Should be able to close it out in Phoenix

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

With Scherzer going in Game 3 (presuming his hammy's alright), they could be in a bit of trouble now.

Yeah I had the Nats winning in 5 (and going on to lose the WS to the Indians).

Time for Quintana to earn those trade stripes in Wrigley tomorrow night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

9 inning games really need to be done in 3:15, maybe 3:30 at most.

How about 1 hour 50 mins?! :)

http://bluejayhunter.com/2011/05/acid-flashback-friday-roy-halladay-vs.html

Cubs scout must be expecting another ring this year if he's already looking to flog off last year's one.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/first-official-cubs-world-series-ring-hits-secondary-market/amp/

I like the clause that all non-players were made to sign that the Cubs have first option to buy it back for $1. So I wonder what this guy is thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

The Red Sox have suddenly burst into life.

ShyMets wrote: »
    The Red Sox have suddenly burst into life.

I'd forgotten this game was on. Distracted by NFL.

• Advertisement

Some performance by Ramirez today.

Advertisement