Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alert - Triathlon

Options
  • 11-12-2013 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭

A shameless copy from the cycling forum but I finally bit the bullet on a Garmin 500 when I saw this over there

30% off orders with GARMIN30 discount code

https://buy.garmin.com/en-IE/GB/index.ep

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

catweazle wrote: »
    A shameless copy from the cycling forum but I finally bit the bullet on a Garmin 500 when I saw this over there

Now all you have to do is start riding your bike :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

I got it in Black/Red which matches both of my bikes - unlike that Blue/White concoction of yours which looks totally out of place.

Cycling three times a week my friend and haven't been on the Turbo in over a month :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

catweazle wrote: »

Eh the new 620 with HRM is available for €300, I'd be after that myself!!

(Thanks-be-to-fvck I didn't buy these in yet! Something tells me an order to Garmin Distributors is about to be cancelled)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭his_dudeness

Seems to work for the whole Garmin range, but is there something you might know, AKW, that we might need to know? Pending announcement or some such?

Seems to work for the whole Garmin range, but is there something you might know, AKW, that we might need to know? Pending announcement or some such?

Garmin like to shaft retaillers.

We're mushrooms to them.

This is a one day promotion on their Facebook page that will have repercusions for the brand in stores around the country. Other than that, to quote a famous line, I'm from Barcelona.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

AKW wrote: »
    Garmin like to shaft retaillers.

We're mushrooms to them.

This is a one day promotion on their Facebook page that will have repercusions for the brand in stores around the country. Other than that, to quote a famous line, I'm from Barcelona.

Also devalues the products.

"How much is the garmin 620?"
    "€459"
    "Get fvcked I saw in for sale for €300 not that long ago"

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I presume garmin simply do not care. A lot of sales are online now, and if they can grab a slice of that without having to pay a dealer margin, they will.

Good for the punter short term, but damages the market long term. In a few years punter will look for a choice of sellers and they wont be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I picked up a 500 on amazon for under 110e a couple of weeks back, nice unit for the money.

mloc123 wrote: »
    I picked up a 500 on amazon for under 110e a couple of weeks back, nice unit for the money.

Do you still cycle?

Oryx wrote: »
    I presume garmin simply do not care. A lot of sales are online now, and if they can grab a slice of that without having to pay a dealer margin, they will.

Good for the punter short term, but damages the market long term. In a few years punter will look for a choice of sellers and they wont be there.

They should care. (Edit: not having a go at you Oryx!)

As I suggested elsewhere, as a retailler how can I be confident with their service to my customers when they can treat me as a retailler in such an underhand way?

The brand new FR620 and 220 which I have had on order from Garmin for the last 8 weeks is only now, just yesterday available in Ireland and today you can get 30% off online!!

It may only be a 1 day promotion but its a serious FU to someone who almost spent a small fortune on their stock for Christmas. And it's not just me who's p1ssed.

However as a consumer, its a great deal, I'd buy one myself only I no longer like Garmin :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

tunney wrote: »
    Do you still cycle?

from time to time, I am convinced if I keep sinking money into toys I will get back to it...

mloc123 wrote: »
    from time to time, I am convinced if I keep sinking money into toys I will get back to it...

Man after my own heart then

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭topcat77

Deal is on again today!!! same code.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

I'm not a big fan of the way sportpursuit make you sign up before letting you browse the site but they do have some good deals in there sometimes.

They have the compress sport tri top for about 40e and the shorts for about 50e, they are about 80 and 102 on wiggle.

Direct link to the compressport stuff:
    http://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/compressport-oct14

Never tried this referral lark before but here it is anyway if it doesn't violate any rules:
    http://www.sportpursuit.com/join/my_boardsie_referral

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Saw that and am interested myself, anyone any thoughts on the tops and shorts? I already have the tights - they could do with being longer but are good.

As an aside, it would be good if we got this thread going as a general bargain alert. I have the cycling one favourited but 95% of the time the alerts don't really suit me.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭trinewbie

Bambaata wrote: »
    Saw that and am interested myself, anyone any thoughts on the tops and shorts? I already have the tights - they could do with being longer but are good.

As an aside, it would be good if we got this thread going as a general bargain alert. I have the cycling one favourited but 95% of the time the alerts don't really suit me.

The compressport stuff is amazing - I race in it. The shorts in particular, very comfortable, especially over longer IM, HIM. Nice little gel pockets on the top too.

I ordered the shorts and top in a couple of sizes, will send back the ones that don't fit.
    I know a couple who race IM in them and said they are great once you get the fit right.
    Like the look of the trail top too but couldnt justify getting both!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

What kills me about SportPursuit is their crazy delivery charges to here maybe they have improved since the last time I went in.

I know I know parcel Motel but I am too lazy to look into it

I think i paid something like £3.99 or £4.99 for my order which I didn't think was too bad, was it more before?

I tried the compressport tri shorts this year and didn't like them. They didn't feel comfortable at all.

• Advertisement

trinewbie wrote: »
    The compressport stuff is amazing - I race in it. The shorts in particular, very comfortable, especially over longer IM, HIM. Nice little gel pockets on the top too.

You would say that wouldnt you ;)

In fairness it does look great gear and i am impressed by the recovery tights (although as i said they run short!). My skins tri-suit has zero compression after a good few many years of use so i do need to upgrade to a new 2-piece. What sizes are you in trinewbie? Id guess id be a little larger than you but close.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭trinewbie

You would say that wouldnt you ;)

In fairness it does look great gear and i am impressed by the recovery tights (although as i said they run short!). My skins tri-suit has zero compression after a good few many years of use so i do need to upgrade to a new 2-piece. What sizes are you in trinewbie? Id guess id be a little larger than you but close.

My sizing now and sizing 6 weeks ago are two very different things :pac:
    Not sure, will check later. Have heard other not finding the shorts comfortable (Fazz) some find too tight or low riding, but I think its a sizing thing, I went a size up and found them perfect, the rubberized bit on the crotch is good for riding on the nose in aero position. Havnt looked on soprtpersuit but if they have them, buy they socks, loads of them, they are brilliant. Even better, buy local avoid silly delivery charges, support local businesses and get some decent shop service.

pgibbo wrote: »
    I tried the compressport tri shorts this year and didn't like them. They didn't feel comfortable at all.

If they were the ones with me P they were CEP.

AKW wrote: »
    If they were the ones with me P they were CEP.

Oops, thanks for clarifying Sean.

Seems the Compressport stuff is all gone already :( It showing for anyone?

Seems the Compressport stuff is all gone already :( It showing for anyone?

Commpressport.ie have 40% off IIRC this week. Just use christmas for the discount. Base2Race FB page has more info

Saw that alright! Really tempted.... might look up some reviews tonight and see. Do they have any thermal compression? Next race i'm doing is March 7th in Donegal so the right gear will be a factor!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭Ryath

Garmin 910xt up on amazon lightning deals @ 19:00 should be a good chunk off, got an Edge 800 last year for under €180. Probably not quite the same bargains this year as sterling is stronger.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/l/161428031/ref=gateway_bunkbed_bf_deals_copy1?_encoding=UTF8&nav_sdd=aps&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-B1&pf_rd_r=0760A0EETYDPFMBJNH7X&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=556201027&pf_rd_i=468294

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

Ryath wrote: »
    Garmin 910xt up on amazon lightning deals @ 19:00 should be a good chunk off, got an Edge 800 last year for under €180. Probably not quite the same bargains this year as sterling is stronger.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/l/161428031/ref=gateway_bunkbed_bf_deals_copy1?_encoding=UTF8&nav_sdd=aps&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-B1&pf_rd_r=0760A0EETYDPFMBJNH7X&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=556201027&pf_rd_i=468294

£139.... will be gone in 10 mins max I reckon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

johnk123 wrote: »
    £139.... will be gone in 10 mins max I reckon!
    I just bought one there now. Works out at 191 euro delivered

Advertisement