Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Spotters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Not sure where to post this but EIDW is expecting a bumper day for flights on Wednesday due to the Europa League final in the Aviva. Alot of fans are travelling from Portugal for the day and most will be travelling home that night on charters.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭westdub

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

westdub wrote: »

Page 2 of that thread has the parking plan for the evening in a post by LeakRun.

Should be some great photo ops

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Anyone have GPS co-ordinates for the best spots and can they be accessed by car??

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭westdub

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Anyone have GPS co-ordinates for the best spots and can they be accessed by car??

All the info you need can be found on this site.... http://www.plane-mad.com/airport-spotting-guides/ireland/dublin-dub-eidw.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Qantas

A BA 777 just landed in DUB medical emergency

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Conchir

I can't be sure, but I think one of the US transporters from Obama's visit flew over my house, flying from Runway 10. Can anyone confirm this, I would have thought they would be long gone by now. I got a photo, I'll try and put it up later.

EDIT: Here is said aircraft:
    5792932591_2db355d27c_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭roadmaster

I am not sure if i am posting in the right place but someone can put me straight, i was driving to work a bit earlyer then usuall this morning at about 6:50 am around the spa hotel, i seen a jet heading east that seam to alter course very severley, the vapour trail was a perfect curve nearly, is this a usual flight path? or was the plane told to change course as a plane on the left looking east also seam to change course but not as severe. This could be very regular occurence it just looked different.Can anyone shine the light for me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

roadmaster wrote: »
    I am not sure if i am posting in the right place but someone can put me straight, i was driving to work a bit earlyer then usuall this morning at about 6:50 am around the spa hotel, i seen a jet heading east that seam to alter course very severley, the vapour trail was a perfect curve nearly, is this a usual flight path? or was the plane told to change course as a plane on the left looking east also seam to change course but not as severe. This could be very regular occurence it just looked different.Can anyone shine the light for me?

Quite a few transatlantic heavies at that time this morning, Virgin, United, American etc. They came down over Ireland on a south easterly track before turning to an easterly track just off Dublin bay, if you go to http://casper.frontier.nl/unified/?location=eidw and play around with the date and time settings you can see exactly what I mean. I replayed 06:50 this morning and that's the flights I reckon you saw. All looks quite normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭BollickyBill

Conchir wrote: »
    I can't be sure, but I think one of the US transporters from Obama's visit flew over my house, flying from Runway 10. Can anyone confirm this, I would have thought they would be long gone by now. I got a photo, I'll try and put it up later.

EDIT: Here is said aircraft:
    5792932591_2db355d27c_z.jpg

You're quite right, it was to do with Obama's visit but indirectly. It was here as a result of one of the Chinooks breaking a rotor blade. They are still parked at Dublin airport near the fire station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Andrew33 wrote: »
    Quite a few transatlantic heavies at that time this morning, Virgin, United, American etc. They came down over Ireland on a south easterly track before turning to an easterly track just off Dublin bay, if you go to http://casper.frontier.nl/unified/?location=eidw and play around with the date and time settings you can see exactly what I mean. I replayed 06:50 this morning and that's the flights I reckon you saw. All looks quite normal.

Cheers Andrew, i see what you mean, i just never seen it before and it looked very different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

HI there's a blue and yellow plane (737? 320?) parked over at the old sr technics hangars in Dublin airport at the minute. Anyone recognise the livery? Sorry don't have a pic. YOu can see it from the side road past the travellers' and before the turn for forrest little.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Blue Punto

born2bwild wrote: »
    HI there's a blue and yellow plane (737? 320?) parked over at the old sr technics hangars in Dublin airport at the minute. Anyone recognise the livery? Sorry don't have a pic. YOu can see it from the side road past the travellers' and before the turn for forrest little.

Could it be this
    Photo is property of N7777G
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/eigjb/5815502407/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Blue Punto wrote: »
    Could it be this
    Photo is property of N7777G
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/eigjb/5815502407/
    Yeah that's it! I used to live in Ukraine and I have flown on Aerosvit and some others too. I was stunned to see it here!!! Wonder what's happening?

its in for maintanance

thanks to N7777G for the pic and info

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭N7777G

Blue Punto wrote: »
    its in for maintanance

thanks to N7777G for the pic and info

Two A320s (N181LF & N241LF) have been painted in Aerosvit colours @ DUB
    and they are due to become UR-DAH & UR-DAI - though I'm not sure which one is which.
    I believe a third A320 (N263LF) is also due to be painted for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 SheRuns

That was interesting about Obama's planes.
    What's the next big event for plane spotters in Dublin?
    Prince's purple jet;)?

Three aircraft visible in front of old SRT hanger, a Brussels Airlines (I'm assuming an EZ in brussels colours?) a Lotus Air and a Solaris.
    Another Brussels Air is visible which is G-EZEM so it ain't that reg I'm looking for:D

Anyone know if there was any particular reason for 3 PH- bizzies in on Sunday?

Thanks for any assistance on ID'ing the 3 commercials.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭N7777G

Three aircraft visible in front of old SRT hanger, a Brussels Airlines (I'm assuming an EZ in brussels colours?) a Lotus Air and a Solaris.
    Another Brussels Air is visible which is G-EZEM so it ain't that reg I'm looking for:D

Anyone know if there was any particular reason for 3 PH- bizzies in on Sunday?

Thanks for any assistance on ID'ing the 3 commercials.

Andrew

the Lotus A320 was probably N413AC - this was outside the hangars today but three of these are present at the moment - so can't be 100% certain.
    The Solaris A321 is EI-ERS and the other Brussels A319 is G-EZEI.

Check out the Dublin Airport Movements Blog it has a good list of maintenance visitors:-

http://notam-ireland.blogspot.com/

Thanks Ger, gent as always!

• Advertisement

Anyone gonna be around Dublin Airport this morning ,if so lets us know ill be heading up there(back roads)for about 1030 for a few hours

(it looks like itll be sunny at least)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Was passing airport yesterday and saw an airbus with a brown and cream livery no characters on it tough.

Not an airbus but a private 757 pics in gallery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 36461799

Was the American 767 to Chicago badly delayed last Tuesday? If so why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Just observed 2 identical large aircraft, light coloured looked like the same FL heading west over mid louth at approx 13:15 with very little seperation(much less then your average airliners etc) between them. One was ahead while the other was at its 8 o'clock, no contrails.
    I wasn't in a position to get binoculars on them.

Anything interesting? Troop transport perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Just observed 2 identical large aircraft, light coloured looked like the same FL heading west over mid louth at approx 13:15 with very little seperation(much less then your average airliners etc) between them. One was ahead while the other was at its 8 o'clock, no contrails.
    I wasn't in a position to get binoculars on them.

Anything interesting? Troop transport perhaps?
    Check out here. Looks like a UAL and SWR close together. You can adjust the time in the top right hand corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Turbo Porter

Jammyc wrote: »
    Check out here. Looks like a UAL and SWR close together. You can adjust the time in the top right hand corner.

That should be left hand corner.Yes it looks like right on top of each other but the United 777 and Swiss A330 were separated by 4,000 ft.

That should be left hand corner.Yes it looks like right on top of each other but the United 777 and Swiss A330 were separated by 4,000 ft.

That must have been them so... To my naked(and very out of practice) eye both aircraft looked as though they were right with each other.

On an aside....and to my surprise.....I though I was seeing things today when a De Havilland Dragon flew overhead Clogherhead. Are aerlingus still flying EI-ABI?

On an aside....and to my surprise.....I though I was seeing things today when a De Havilland Dragon flew overhead Clogherhead. Are aerlingus still flying EI-ABI?

Yep, DUB-JFK (cutbacks):D

• Advertisement

Yep, DUB-JFK (cutbacks):D

Only a short 1 week flight!:D

It wasn't ideal weather for it to be up, really looked like it was struggling with the wind.:eek:

Advertisement