Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eating Suggestion after tongue piercing

Options
  • 01-11-2004 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭

I just got my tongue done today. Now i'm really hungry but i'm afraid of what i can and can't eat.
    I know spicy food and mostly all solids are a no no.
    What has worked for ye people who have had tongues pierced. I'm getting bored of eating ice. It only tastes good for so long.

Suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Did you not get told or given an aftercare sheet?

google is your friend also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Skellington

soup with bread,
    jars of baby food(very tasty),
    mashed banana's,
    or anything ya can fit through a straw...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Fungtank

I am MAN wrote:
    Did you not get told or given an aftercare sheet?

Well i was told not to eat solids or smoke or drink alcohol but no specifics. Thus the reason i'm asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

yoghurt and ice-cream.. still cold etc. but at least it's some bit better than ice!!!

Dairy products should be avoided thats including tea they can lead to infection during the early stages.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Silent Grape

noodles, rice, soup, pasta, scrambled egg, anything you can shovel down your throat without chewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I am MAN wrote:
    Dairy products should be avoided thats including tea they can lead to infection during the early stages.
    yikes didn't know that.. was told to eat that when I got mine done! :mad:

Yeah you'll notice after eating a dairy product with a fresh tongue piercing a white line will form around it and this can lead to infection even happens after a cup of tea with a tongue piercing, I've done it myself and it looks nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Fungtank wrote:
    Well i was told not to eat solids or smoke or drink alcohol but no specifics. Thus the reason i'm asking.

Where did you get it done? I cant believe they didn't give you an aftercare sheet.
    If I were you i'd go back with a mank tongue falling off infection and sue, but then youd have to get a mank tongue falling off infection, which might not be nice.

Either way, i was told about dairy products also, but after a while if i could get it to the back of my mouth without touching my tongue, i ate it. I remember losing a stone when i got mine done, just shows you I badly I ate in the first place.
    As above my best advice is ice pops, they also help with the swelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

I've never had my tongue would would love to get it done, I just don't have the guts to do it.

Anyway, I'm told that soft foods like banana's, and orange are good, as are baby foods, like that horrilbe looking mushy stuff in the jars (tastes nice seemingly), and Ligas!

Anything then that you can drink with a straw is advicable, like cold drinks (not soft drink), soup is also meant to be good.

But like I say I'm only quoting what I've heard from others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

And some people think I'm mad getting a piercing in me lad, I'd never get my tongue done to go through all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 flygirl

casting my mind back to when i got mine done...
    ...I remember drinking a lot of soup and eating a lot of Smash and baby food, which yes, is actually surprisingly tasty (the fruity ones) ;)
    I also remember breaking the rules and drinking quite a lot of alcohol, but that really is to be avoided as you won't feel so clever when you wake up with a swollen tongue that makes you unable to speak.

and no kissing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Milkman Dan

get warm unchunky soup!
    best option.
    especially if its good soup like the soup from o'briens or that place on dame street.

noting sugary or dairy though, so no icecream.
    k

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I got mine done Friday lunchtime, and a particularly helpful customer suggested Zumo's fruit smoothies. Mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

They should be eaten all the time, tongue piercing or not, really...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

i just wizzed up my regular dindins in the blender for a few days...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Cork_girl wrote:
    yoghurt and ice-cream.. still cold etc. but at least it's some bit better than ice!!!

both are dairy products and are 99% likely to have sugar as a substantial ingredient(sugar feeds bacteria)
    noodles, rice, soup, pasta, scrambled egg, anything you can shovel down your throat without chewing.

i have my lip done id back this

• Registered Users Posts: 2 K_jay_x

I tried eating soup as soon as I got it pieced and it hurt quite a bit. I learnt to put food into the back of my mouth and chew from there keeping it away from my tongue bar. I don’t recommend doing that on the first day because it’ll hurt a lot but on the 2nd-3rd day it works. I drank lots of cold food and ice cream. Everyone says stay away from dairy but I got told to eat lots of ice cream so idk. I also got told to use alcohol free mouthwash after a meal to help prevent infection. I also will cut up food into tiny peices to help with chewing

• Registered Users Posts: 2 K_jay_x

Fungtank wrote: »
    I just got my tongue done today. Now i'm really hungry but i'm afraid of what i can and can't eat.
    I know spicy food and mostly all solids are a no no.
    What has worked for ye people who have had tongues pierced. I'm getting bored of eating ice. It only tastes good for so long.
    Suggestions?
    I ate ice cream and would cut my food up into tiny pieces and shove it to the back of my mouth to ease pressure on the actual piercing

Advertisement