Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I’m actually using Luiz at RB alongside Nesta/potm VVD and Alonso. Luiz is a great card in fairness. He definitely makes his presence felt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

lads if ya could all stop talking about luiz that would be great.... last player i need and still tempted to sink my last coins into him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    lads if ya could all stop talking about luiz that would be great.... last player i need and still tempted to sink my last coins into him...

I actually don't see anything attractive about doing his sbc at all he aint that special judging by his ratings.

Screenshot-20190219-170033.jpg

Militao is cheaper and tradeable and has high defensive work rate.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Had 700k to do 850k worth of SBC this evening, and ended up with 70k left over :P

Postions, chem styles and starting formation needs to be worked out, but heading into the WL now with the following.

Probably switch out Cech for Neuer before then. Alonso is a player I love in-game, but he does look the obvious choice to replace next. Gonna start saving for Roberto Carlos.

T8w0Hz0.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

No ucl marquee matchups! Jesus fifa really like throwing the curveballs this year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Luiz is a legend, first player I've noticed that wears black boots :D

Pity he then gave away a penalty and got sent off in the last minute of his debut, cost me the win he did. Tool lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Very odd theyre is no mm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Probably do it tomorrow to mix it up a bit...

seamie78 wrote: »
    Very odd theyre is no mm

It is, I guess they’re just trying to mix it up so it’s not too easy for investors. I’ll probably just keep mine now Incase they drop something tomorrow but if not I’m probably looking at s loss of 20/30k.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    It is, I guess they’re just trying to mix it up so it’s not too easy for investors. I’ll probably just keep mine now Incase they drop something tomorrow but if not I’m probably looking at s loss of 20/30k.

pocket change to you :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Messing with the sbcs is the only thing they've done right this year being honest. It was ridiculous last year having to spend 10k on some random bronze to get a 25k pack or something like that. This year is much, much better.

Blazer wrote: »
    pocket change to you :D

:D they can give it back to me by upgrading my 15 Ziyech :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wow, predicted TOTW looks utterly dreadful this week, even by the low standards set already....

totw23.png

For the games that were played last weekend, it's not as bad as I expected.

Literally no standout games played.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Wow, predicted TOTW looks utterly dreadful this week, even by the low standards set already....

totw23.png

Awesome. I only did 4 WL wins so I don’t even get a player pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Redo91

Does anyone have handy that spreadsheet that was on here a few weeks ago showing the best value SBCs so complete? Tempted to give them a go to make some handy coins. I appreciate the values may have changed with people going mad for the current SBCs.

Redo91 wrote: »
    Does anyone have handy that spreadsheet that was on here a few weeks ago showing the best value SBCs so complete? Tempted to give them a go to make some handy coins. I appreciate the values may have changed with people going mad for the current SBCs.

https://twitter.com/imaduckquackk/status/1065691480478662657?s=21

Allan had a upgrade have me a nice little windfall i had his ucl card bought months ago for 5k i sold it for 40k.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Allan had a upgrade have me a nice little windfall i had his ucl card bought months ago for 5k i sold it for 40k.

Have they applied it to his new sbc card yet? It’s showing as 86 rated but I think that could go to 87/88?
    Bought up a few frosinone silvers just Incase as people will do that if he’s 88, link to luiz too

Lord TSC wrote: »

totw23.png

Awesome. I only did 4 WL wins so I don’t even get a player pick.

Only played 4 WL all year and I think I've only regretted not playing it once.

• Advertisement

ImANoob08 wrote:

I think if you're playing weekend league for the rewards you're doing it wrong to begin with. The red player picks are generally awful.

Whoever does the upgrades in fifa is obviously a bayern or Liverpool fan and took the night off to watch the champions league.

Over 4 hours later and they still haven’t updated the serie a specials.
    I want to know is my newly acquired cancelo otw getting an upgrade! Lazy *****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Whoever does the upgrades in fifa is obviously a bayern or Liverpool fan and took the night off to watch the champions league.

But Cancelo upgrade was up to 83 and his first IF was 84, so will he even be upgraded?

he isn't getting one from what ive heard.

RossieMan wrote: »
    he isn't getting one from what ive heard.

His base went up from 81 to 83.

Just Szczęsny for me with sif going up to 88 if my math is OK.

wonski wrote: »
    But Cancelo upgrade was up to 83 and his first IF was 84, so will he even be upgraded?

Hard to know, his 83 base had higher stats than his ucl card but not his FIF.
    They would then have to upgrade his ucl card to 84 which is the same as his FIF so my understanding was that would then be upgraded and a knock on effect to his other specials.

But as Rossie said, the opinion on Reddit, twitter etc is that it goes by his FIF so won’t be upgraded.

It’s nearly 6 hours later though, you’d think they’d have them sorted by now.

no upgrade for Cancelo bar his UCL card.
    None of his upgraded stats touch his IF so no upgrade for the otw card.

I have untradeable Cancelo ucl card... That would be nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Thinking of throwing everything at getting Ronaldo, will link him to 87 Cancelo.

Just wondering who would make a better CDM 87 Cancelo or Headliner Lala, knowing the other will be playing RB?

POTM Rashford would then Play RF and IF Martial LF

The other question is.... Would ye change some of your players making areas of your team weaker to get him on 10 chem or just play Ronaldo on 7 chem?

• Advertisement

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Thinking of throwing everything at getting Ronaldo, will link him to 87 Cancelo.

Just wondering who would make a better CDM 87 Cancelo or Headliner Lala, knowing the other will be playing RB?

POTM Rashford would then Play RF and IF Martial LF

The other question is.... Would ye change some of your players making areas of your team weaker to get him on 10 chem or just play Ronaldo on 7 chem?

You could always set up a custom tactics to switch the players around in game to keep full chem?
    I’ve seen loads using CR7 at CDM and switching on the fly then to put him at ST on full chem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

You could always set up a custom tactics to switch the players around in game to keep full chem?
    I’ve seen loads using CR7 at CDM and switching on the fly then to put him at ST on full chem.

I could do it no bother if i just swap Keane for Matuidi.

That's the option with the least amount of changes from what I can see for me.

It's trying to get him a green link without messing up my key players like Neymar, Pogba, Mbappe and Aouar is what I'm struggling with at the moment

My red Szczesny upgraded to 89.

Cancelo 84.

Nice :)

Hard to know, his 83 base had higher stats than his ucl card but not his FIF.
    They would then have to upgrade his ucl card to 84 which is the same as his FIF so my understanding was that would then be upgraded and a knock on effect to his other specials.

But as Rossie said, the opinion on Reddit, twitter etc is that it goes by his FIF so won’t be upgraded.

It’s nearly 6 hours later though, you’d think they’d have them sorted by now.

Cancelo otw upgraded to 89 :)

Woke up this morning and realized I’m not even enjoying the grind anymore and have no real interest in playing anymore. Decided to quick sell my entire team before I change my mind.
    Pity I can’t give my cards away to people as it’s a 17million squad.
    All the best everyone and enjoy.
    Zero regrets after doing it which surprised me a bit.

CCB15-FEA-F4-B1-4-F0-E-A0-D2-43-AAC86654-B8.png

Woke up this morning and realized I’m not even enjoying the grind anymore and have no real interest in playing anymore. Decided to quick sell my entire team before I change my mind.

Wow! I hope you enjoy the time away from it, I get what you mean, it can become very consuming and a real chore, as things stand I’m unlikely to bother with fifa 20 but I won’t say def not going to play it as I could change my mind before then, I’ve def took a step back from fifa 19, don’t play rivals at all anymore except maybe an odd game.

I’ll plug away though.

It’s a shame they’ve got the game to this point where you feel relieved to have got rid of it, all the best anyway :)

• Advertisement

All the best blazer was good having you on here.
    Hope to see you back for Fifa 20 if you ever decide to come back :)

RossieMan wrote: »
    ImANoob08 wrote:

I think if you're playing weekend league for the rewards you're doing it wrong to begin with. The red player picks are generally awful.

Yeah I've gotten 16 wins twice and 17 wins twice and I've yet to get anyone useable think my highest rated has been 83 cazorla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Fair play lad, it's a very time consuming game for very little reward, I won't be buying Fifa 20, il go back to FM, much better craic long term

I've just lost my wingman!!!!!!! Bloody EA !!!!!!

jayo26 wrote: »
    I've just lost my wingman!!!!!!! Bloody EA !!!!!!

Yeah I’m gonna miss all the craic in here. I think I was enjoying the thrill of opening packs more than the game itself. Hell I was doing sbcs just to open packs. So this morning I thought to hell with it. Gives me more time to learn guitar and play some awesome single player games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Yeah I've gotten 16 wins twice and 17 wins twice and I've yet to get anyone useable think my highest rated has been 83 cazorla

I've played every weekend league bar one where I forgot to redeem. I've finished 17+ wins in almost all of those, never worse than 11 on a couple of occasions where I couldn't play more.

Best red I got was 86 and 87 Szczesny... And I haven't got one rated over 84 since Xmas I think?

Even from the pack rewards I don't think I've gotten too much. My best pulls have been from SBC packs or once got Kante from a draft pack and once got Salah from a pre order pack.

Think I might start to take a few WL's off. With the amount of work I have to do for college I really don't need the hassle to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Gives me more time to learn guitar and play some awesome single player games.

This.

I keep saying I'll hold off on some amazing games until I finish college so I'll have the time to sit down and enjoy them but in truth I probably waste just as much time playing WL every weekend. There's so much good stuff out there right now, go and enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johny Cage

Really want to get flashback David Luiz but 100k coins won’t get it done. It’s really annoying that they have deadlines for SBC’s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Terrible TOTW, only 2 players from Bundesliga?!

Terrible TOTW, only 2 players from Bundesliga?!

Sounds good to me :):)

Rumors of a Ben Arfa flashback card coming. Damn I would have loved using it. Has his otw card in fifa17 and it was fantastic fun to play with and lethal in a 433(4)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Nainggolan TOTW for the OTW I packed yesterday is very welcome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I was thinking of grabbing Marquinoz headliner yesterday but didn't. Slight regret. Thats a very good card now for its price.

Exchanged 7 fut swap items and got David Silva in a rare mega, happy enough with that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement