Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

French rugby Updates : Le café du Rugby.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

His comments on Belleau are gold.

He's got the French team virus, he doesn't know how to play anymore! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Asking for a DNA test. Hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Flaky Finn mixing the ridiculous and the sublime so far.

Toulouse 7 up after 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Entertaining game, this. Toulouse really here to play from anywhere.

Entertaining game, this. Toulouse really here to play from anywhere.

Sounds like big Toulouse crowd travelled up too

12-27 Just before HT. Cracking game.

Toulouse could win this Euro QF in 6 weeks.

Racing look a bit disorganised

Burkie1203 wrote: »

They're ****e.

Would I be right in saying Toulouse are down more players than Racing? It certainly looks that way.

troyzer wrote: »
    They're ****e.

Would I be right in saying Toulouse are down more players than Racing? It certainly looks that way.

Yeah they are. All R92 good stuff is individual rather than collective

Zebo has spent most of the day strolling around looking disinterested. And just got charged down for a Toulouse 4th Try

Russell when off for HIA and never came back. Scotland play France next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I would have given them a very good chance of winning before this game. Racing have a very good team but had a very handy pool which flattered them somewhat. Toulouse have absolutely no fear of them or of going away to Paris unlike other sides.

I'm fully convinced they deliberately avoided the BP at home to Bath in their final pool game to give themselves a trip to Racing.

Whilst these two sides are missing players, they're still pretty strong. I'd expect about 10 of this Racing 23 to be starting the QF.

They're ****e.

Zebo has spent most of the day strolling around looking disinterested. And just got charged down for a Toulouse 4th Try

This is a really good sign for Leinster. Racing are such a rabble. I wouldn't be worried about going over for a semi but you'd expect Toulouse to win comfortably in the quarters based on that.

Which means a home semi for Leinster.

They're ****e.

Toulouse have more players in the French squad but Racing are missing a few guys through injury such as Machenaud, Le Roux and Ryan. Vakatawa is also back in Fiji for his mother's funeral.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Good score, for me.

[edit] Actually, that angle shows a forward pass.

Great finish but forward pass is the right decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭A-Train

Great finish but forward pass is the right decision.

No argument even the hands are going forward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,825 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Toulouse 1st ahead of this match, know Racing are at home but doesn't seem too surprising a result

Could be 4 Top 14 clubs in this season's CC not making it next season, Castres, Racing, Montpellier and Toulon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Watched a match a few weeks ago, Zebo was crap. was culpable in two tries and as you say looked totally disinterested just strolling around. He aslo looks like he put on a few pounds, French rugby seems to suit him.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

Watched a match a few weeks ago, Zebo was crap. was culpable in two tries and as you say looked totally disinterested just strolling around. He aslo looks like he put on a few pounds, French rugby seems to suit him.

Dont tell Luke Fitz or Tony Ward they think he is the Messiah!!

• Advertisement

Here are the highlights of the Racing vs Toulouse game.

Defending optional for both teams.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

He was voted signing of the season so far in January.

Hard to argue with it, in fairness. He has 12 tries this season which is fantastic. He has clearly gelled with the team and appears to be something of a fan favourite. As long as he knows where the try line is, he'll be alright.

But good christ has he hit the croissants hard. He's build more like Caucau now than the Zebo who was playing for Ireland a couple of years ago.

Talk of Rhys Webb moving back to Wales at end of season from Toulon. Has a year to go but Mourad going to release him apparently. Doesn't sound like the best of environments down there but presumably chance to play with Wales in RWC motivating factor too.

Eod100 wrote: »
    Talk of Rhys Webb moving back to Wales at end of season from Toulon. Has a year to go but Mourad going to release him apparently. Doesn't sound like the best of environments down there but presumably chance to play with Wales in RWC motivating factor too.

His family had already moved back to Wales.

Mourad is clearly just trying to firesale his most expensive assets, avoid relegation and start again after the World Cup.

His family had already moved back to Wales.

Mourad is clearly just trying to firesale his most expensive assets, avoid relegation and start again after the World Cup.

Didn't realise they were so low in table. Challenges Cup seems a certainty next season then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Didn't realise they were so low in table. Challenges Cup seems a certainty next season then.

It's likely the same for Montpellier also, but Clermont will be returning as they are second in the table.

It's likely the same for Montpellier also, but Clermont will be returning as they are second in the table.

Could see them do well in Challenge Cup knockouts this season too. La Rochelle on other side of draw too could be all French final.

Racing are 7th in the league. I have now watched two Racing games where Zebo has been an absolute train wreck. He looks like he dosnt care and his body shape says the same, he looks like a telly tubby not a professional rugby player. In the above linked video against Toulouse he is really not playing well and dosnt even seem to be totally engaged in the game.

The charged down try is an absolute joke, his lackadaisical attitude is there for everyone to see, the chaser actually dosnt attempt to charge the Zebo,he throws his arm up to protect his head at the last minute when Zebo kicks the ball straight into him. Watch it again to see how unbelievably bad it is.

In the other try where the ball gets kicked over the top Zebo gets absolutely burned for pace. In the reverse shot as he canters back you can see that if he continues with his love affair for the undoubted lovely cuisine in France he will soon need and bra and girdle.

People calling for his inclusing into the Irish set up should watch a few of his games, he is not good at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Stone Gossard

Racing are 7th in the league. I have now watched two Racing games where Zebo has been an absolute train wreck. He looks like he dosnt care and his body shape says the same, he looks like a telly tubby not a professional rugby player. In the above linked video against Toulouse he is really not playing well and dosnt even seem to be totally engaged in the game.

The charged down try is an absolute joke, his lackadaisical attitude is there for everyone to see, the chaser actually dosnt attempt to charge the Zebo,he throws his arm up to protect his head at the last minute when Zebo kicks the ball straight into him. Watch it again to see how unbelievably bad it is.

In the other try where the ball gets kicked over the top Zebo gets absolutely burned for pace. In the reverse shot as he canters back you can see that if he continues with his love affair for the undoubted lovely cuisine in France he will soon need and bra and girdle.

People calling for his inclusing into the Irish set up should watch a few of his games, he is not good at the moment.

I've watched 90% of his games...and for the most part your post is balderdash.
    Last weekend the team was shorn of 6 first team players...and it showed...
    The Ireland thing is a moot point...it isn't happening..but to say he's he's been playing rubbish...well....we all know that isn't true

• Advertisement

I've watched 90% of his games...and for the most part your post is balderdash.
    The Ireland thing is a moot point...it isn't happening..but to say he's he's been playing rubbish...well....we all know that isn't true

Was he good in the game yesterday?

If you as a professional rugby player are not in as good physical condition as you possible can be then you cannot play at the top of your game. If you are overweight I believe that you are not showing the fans and team the respect that you should, from his performance and appearance yesterday I believe he is not trying his best for the club.

They still had a strong side out and Toulouse were missing quite a few first XV players too. Its not a valid excuse for Zebos poor performance yesterday. Plenty of others were able to play well like Imhoff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Stone Gossard

They still had a strong side out and Toulouse were missing quite a few first XV players too. Its not a valid excuse for Zebos poor performance yesterday. Plenty of others were able to play well like Imhoff

He had a poor game yesterday... but the argument being made was that was the norm...it isn't...not by a long chalk..he's actually playing very, very well this season... but it won't suit some people's narrative...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

He had a poor game yesterday... but the argument being made was that was the norm...it isn't...not by a long chalk..he's actually playing very, very well this season... but it won't suit some people's narrative...

Ah come on, he's scoring a few tries but he's just jogging around in defence, and he's looking quite porky. No excuse for lack of professionalism and letting your condition get so bad. I can't believe the Racing S&C team allowed him to get so out of shape. Jesus, I played club hurling and it was barely acceptable for lads to turn up for pre-season looking like that. And if you did you had 6 weeks of pure torture to look forward to...

I would not be surprised if he was dropped considering the way he has been playing and his physical shape. Plenty of players seem to go to France now for a bit of relaxation and big pay days but dont want to put in the work. looks like Zebo might be joining that gang.

I cant imagine Munster letting him away with that conditioning, he seems to have a decent start to the season but now he looks like he needs a good kick up the arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

He started to put on a few pounds towards the end of his time with Munster though, Russell is another fella who's not in prime condition too.

razorblunt wrote: »
    He started to put on a few pounds towards the end of his time with Munster though, Russell is another fella who's not in prime condition too.

Think he has more than just a few pounds. He literally has a spare tyre visible through his jersey.

I think it's funny, to be honest. If I could eat all around me and still score 12 tries for a side like Racing, I would be happy as a pig in sh*te. He's literally having his cake and eating it. And I'd say his employers don't give a fiddlers. Everytime he gets a try, Jacky Lorenzetti gives him a biscuit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I cant imagine Munster letting him away with that conditioning, he seems to have a decent start to the season but now he looks like he needs a good kick up the arse.

Sure with all the extra padding lately, he probably wouldn't even feel it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,722 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Relevant Instagram story from Healy today....

uBGBTZc_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Zzippy wrote: »
    I can't believe the Racing S&C team allowed him to get so out of shape.

It's pretty common for players to to France and get out of shape, for a pro player that is.

The Springbok's and I think the Welsh national teams have said that they have to try and get the French based players fitness up when they come into camp.

I know they do like their players to be built a bit different over there but listening to Jackman talk about coaching over there and it's a right head scratcher.

Relevant Instagram story from Healy today....

uBGBTZc_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

A prop calling out a winger for being fat.

Ouch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,223 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Hint of cleavage there?

Clegg wrote: »
    Hint of cleavage there?

Made+me+think+of+little+britain+p+_90629531cd5263e44c55582ecb59373c.jpg

Good to see Donnacha Ryan back on bench for Racing. Russell starting at 10 (Townsend must be delighted..). No Zebo. https://twitter.com/racing92/status/1101527523425284097?s=19

13 mins in and already 19-0 to Racing v La Rochelle. Thomas with 2 tries already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

13 mins in and already 19-0 to Racing v La Rochelle. Thomas with 2 tries already.

The Top 14 really is a joke to watch. The tackling at times has been abismal. Racing could win by 50 points it's so bad

Good to see Donnacha Ryan back on bench for Racing. Russell starting at 10 (Townsend must be delighted..). No Zebo. https://twitter.com/racing92/status/1101527523425284097?s=19

Heard they couldn't get Zebo out of the patisserie.

Perpignan 8-17 Toulon at ht. Perpignan lead 8-0, Toulon got pen then 2 tries before ht.

Perpignan look almost certain to be relegated, only on 8 points currently. Grenoble on 20.

Even with a 5 pointer today, looks like Toulon will be playing their rugby in Challenge Cup next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

And no Jackson in the 23 again.

At this stage they'd surely release him if someone wanted him?

And no Jackson in the 23 again.

At this stage they'd surely release him if someone wanted him?

He was on bench alright, came on about 55 mins

• Advertisement
Advertisement