Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Soumd Over HDMI (and other things) in New Build

Options
  • 12-02-2019 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

I built a PC for my dad today and I'm having some issues. The brief was keep it cheap so i went with a Core i3 8100 3.6GHZ, Gigabyte H310 S2H mATX board and 8GB of G Skill memory. PSU and storage were salvaged from his old machine. Installed Windows 7 coz that's what he is used to and it would be hard to get him up to speed with a newer OS.

First problem is no sound over HDMI. In the playback tab in the sounds window it says its not connected. All options are greyed out.

Secondly I don't seem to have any USB connectivity. Device manager has a yellow asterix beside USB controller but i cant seem to figure any thing out with it

And third, while looking at the USB in device manager i noticed the same asterix beside PCI listing so I'm guessing the PCI slots arent gonna work either which is annoying because i was gonna run an GPU on there to see if i could get sound over HDMI that way

My thinking is that I've gone wrong with a component in the build but I've no idea where

Comments

Advertisement