Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Never knew that was a thing with Dva either!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Wat. New one on me too, don't recall them ever mentioning it when they introduced the rockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

patch notes:

Dva defense matrix: No longer makes helix rockets lock onto enemies.

This was a thing? Whaaaat?
    You mean Soldier 76 helix rockets? They would only lock on during his ult.

Which didn't really work from a distance as the lock on wouldn't account for travel time meaning that you would miss a lot.
    They plan on making them free aim even during his ult so that people can target who they want with them.

Or do you mean those missiles that Dva fires?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Wait I dunno... I'm not home but on pc patch notes that's what I read but now I'm on mobile I can't find it.

I can't find any mention unless it was a patch note booboo. Once I get home I can confirm but I copied that word for word from the notes you can click on from the launcher unless I was some how delerious

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Probably a typo for Soldier.

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Probably a typo for Soldier.

Yeah, I see that now from an older patch note. Definitely displayed in this patch note under DVA for me but it's not there now. Stand down everyone not that it mattered either way :D

Also reaper isn't as bad as I was expecting or at least not yet. Lots playing him and he seems to be dying easily enough and doesn't seem to be any more annoying but I've also noticed a lot of 1 reaper Vs 6 players so they might be going through an initial phase of thinking they're immortal and finding out they're not.

I'm also seeing a lot of dvas currently getting wrecked. I think they need to get used to a new peel time now that armour ain't so hot.

3 posts in a row. Record posting.

It's there on the pc notes for me when I click the link. In retrospect the full wording doesn't make sense.

471239.jpg

4 POSTS IN A ROW

Just had a 62 elims round as Moira and it wasn't an extended jobby. Straight up 2 rounds move the payload. FEAR ME MORTALS!

Also...I'm currently drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

4 POSTS IN A ROW

Just had a 62 elims round as Moira and it wasn't an extended jobby. Straight up 2 rounds move the payload. FEAR ME MORTALS!

Also...I'm currently drunk.

Moira just leeches kills, easy to get crazy amount of kills with her, now if your damage is high also, then Bravo :P:pac:

• Advertisement

Drunk DPS Moira meta begins. I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,804 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

nix wrote: »
    now if your damage is high also, then Bravo :P:pac:

Then your been a ****ty team player and not healing your team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Moira is probably the easiest to get kills with. Throw out a purple orb into a grav and they all count as your kills despite minimum damage on your part

nix wrote: »
    Moira just leeches kills, easy to get crazy amount of kills with her, now if your damage is high also, then Bravo :P:pac:

Whoah whoah whoah, no need to be jelly.

7e34665305ecbac6ac1a44427758ed1a.jpg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Officially the best use of that meme I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,804 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Officially the best use of that meme I've seen.

Was watching a Unit Lost video on a Diamond level Moira and I thought he was going to to flip the desk over because he kept using damage orbs and it was annoying him so much :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

So these changes.

Maybe the game will settle down but had a few games last night that just ended up DPS Vs DPS and me standing their on my own with my Rein shield like a fool.

The reaper changes are not quite as bad as I thought but **** he can be hard to kill. We had a reaper drop in to a group of us and despite pinging headshot at him he managed to ultimate through three characters and severely damage a fourth.

I played a few games as him and Roadhog is even more delicious which is a shame as he's a handy tank to have around with such DPS heavy teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

The reaper change is too much. If he's getting some support as well as his own healing, he's damn near impossible to kill unless the team focuses him which of course, doesn't always happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Forgot to play on my main for a bit and it decayed to 3k so I've jacked all attempts at try hard and I'm now a full time ****e tracer on the smurf. Arguably the most fun character to play I would say.

Actually looking forward to s2 of owl, hope to watch more of it now that dafran is in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Forgot to play on my main for a bit and it decayed to 3k so I've jacked all attempts at try hard and I'm now a full time ****e tracer on the smurf. Arguably the most fun character to play I would say.

Actually looking forward to s2 of owl, hope to watch more of it now that dafran is in it

I've barely touched ranked since placements. When I do play I just load up qp w/ find group function. It's basically the same as ranked.

Trying Apex legends atm, tired of OW.

I always miss owl, find it un-watchable

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Game feels pretty unfun since the reaper and armor changes. I usually play Tank or Support and am getting deleted as soon as a decent Reaper shows up. Games end up being 5 DPS spread all over the place.

Is it just me, or are people who admit to smurf accounts kinda low?

"Oh, I just want to try this other character".

Yeah, that's what QP is for. If you're so precious that you feel frightened at the thought of not playing well in comp with that character, just play a little more QP with them, what's the issue?

By making a smurf account, obviously you're gonna wreck people, doesn't matter if you've never played that character, your game and map sense, as well as understanding of whatever character, goes a long way.

I just think it's really, really crappy sportsmanship.....

I play tracer on my smurf all season, I'm low plat, that's where I should be as tracer so it's not really an issue unless I switch to torb which would put me in diamond(not a big difference between plat and low diamond anyway tbh). I also use this account to play wirh my friends who are silver, otherwise gap would be too much.

Maybe it is low, hard to care really, i just want to enjoy playing games wirh my m8s, we don't take it very seriously but much prefer comp over qp. Need to feel like it matters if you win, in qp you're just getting hang of characters

tltr - yes it probably is bad sportsmanship but people are always going to play with their mates

Lads dafran plays first match ever in owl as torb and kicks ass, what an entrance lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Lads dafran plays first match ever in owl as torb and kicks ass, what an entrance lol

He is probably the best non Korean dps tbh. Look at his zarya tracer soldier torb. He is a god and immediately shut up a lot of he can't do pro play

Finding it much easier to follow games this year, not sure if they've improved it or just got used to it. I notice if I start playing with my phone etc you quickly lose track of what's happening. Was particularly easy when dafran was playing cause you're watching out for him. I might try the player cam if he has any matches at a reasonable time

****, just lost 10 games in a row in comp. So frustrating, especially when I had 9 blue cards for healing out of the 10 games.

Now 15....I don't understand at all!! Usually it's win/lose 50/50. The last game I did 15k healing in 8 minutes....ugh. I've gone from plat to low gold in one night. :confused:

• Advertisement

Now 15....I don't understand at all!! Usually it's win/lose 50/50. The last game I did 15k healing in 8 minutes....ugh. I've gone from plat to low gold in one night. :confused:

Yikes. Generally it's best to stop playing if you lose two or three in a row i find.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement