Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seiko bracelet pins

Options
  • 12-02-2019 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

Recently bought a second hand SNE435P1 and seller adjusted it for me. After nearly 2 weeks it still felt very tight so decided to add another link. The pins I have were too loose and would fall through very easily.
    Does anyone know where I might get some pins?

Thanks Roy

Comments

They use a pin & collar system.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

Thanks but I don't understand. They just pushed through no screw . Just a plain pin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭55Percent

Ebay search showed loads of pins, wont let me post link.

I googled pin and collar and see what you mean. I saw them on the table but didn't know what they were. No chance of finding them in the bin at work!!!

These type of Seiko bracelets use a pin and collar system. There is a tiny collar which needs to be inserted into the inside of a link, then the pin is pushed through. The collar is often lost during resizing by people who are not aware of it.
    pincollar.jpg

To get a replacement try a watchmaker, or contact Seiko UK. In the US Seiko often send them out for free. There's also websites are forum members who are known to stock them.
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f21/place-order-spare-seiko-monster-pins-collars-360607.html

• Advertisement

Many thanks !!
    That's the little lad ok..will head to work shortly and hopefully bin has not been emptied.
    Again many thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭55Percent

My Seiko 5 has easier pins than that to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,230 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I wish people would just use screws and stop fúcking around with pins.

I know..bought a strapcode recently for a turtle and that came with screws... just looking for one pin/collar.
    Local jeweller needs to see it but I won't be able to visit until Friday week...typical

Got sorted today by fast fix in blanch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

Pins and collar the only downside to being a Seiko fan!

It fine once you have done it a few times just don't loose the collar!

Was wondering what the bit of metal was when I changed the link.,now I know!!!!¡

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Anjobe

A white tea tray is a very useful addition to your watch toolkit.

Advertisement