Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vortex Diamondback Spotting Scope

Options
  • 09-02-2019 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Was thinking of picking up a cheap spotting scope for the range

Currently shooting a .223 at 100-300 yrds with a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 and can see holes at 200yrds at a stretch

Was thinking of picking up a Vortex Diamondback 20-60x80 Spotting Scope

Anyone have any experience with these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭crosshair1

I have one of these,
    Cant really fault it for the price, eye relief is not great though, 80mm objective is bit unwieldy in a scope for bench, fine on full size tripod.
    Viewing 223 holes at 300 yds will depend more on conditions than the scope, there are times when 308 holes arent clear due to mirage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Richard308

Hi Golf iv pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭GolfVI

crosshair1 wrote: »
    I have one of these,
    Cant really fault it for the price, eye relief is not great though, 80mm objective is bit unwieldy in a scope for bench, fine on full size tripod.
    Viewing 223 holes at 300 yds will depend more on conditions than the scope, there are times when 308 holes arent clear due to mirage.

Thanks for the reply, maybe a 60mm would be better suited for bench shooting? Or would the drop in size loose too much image quality

How do you find viewing holes at 100 and 200?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭crosshair1

You wont have any difficulty seeing 22 holes at 200yds with even the cheapest of spotting scopes, I have a 25eu lidl scope and that will achieve that.
    The vortex i have will have no problem seeing 22 holes at 300,for that matter sometimes 308 at 600yds but only if there is no mirage and real clear air.
    Ive not looked through a 20-60x60 but would imagine minimal difference in clarity but will probably not be as bright in lower light conditions
    Also dont even consider the straight eyepiece for bench work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Richard308

Pm sent. Can you let me know the story please

• Advertisement
Advertisement