Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Sonik SK3 Fly Rod

Options
  • 06-02-2019 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I am looking for a mid section for a Sonik SK3 #6/7 3-Piece Fly Rod, anyone who has one with a broken tip or the likes lying around I would love to take it off your hands. Or does anyone know where I may be able to source a new part? It's not an exceptionally expensive rod and if all else fails I'll just buy a new one but it seems a shame to throw it away seeing as people so commonly break the top section over the middle or bottom.

I have repaired rods in the past but a split in the blank running an inch or two makes me think it's a little much to repair.

Comments

Get in touch with the maker or dealer where you bought it. Most do replace rod sections for a reduced cost

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Haydaymay19

TheTorment wrote: »
    Get in touch with the maker or dealer where you bought it. Most do replace rod sections for a reduced cost

I did and unfortunately it's been discontinued. Thank you though! They did offer me a nice price on the new one though.

I'd suck it in and buy the new one so. A repair job will never be the same and the rod will lose some of it's action.

It's always nice buying new fishing gear!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I have repaired rods in the past but a split in the blank running an inch or two makes me think it's a little much to repair.

Give m a pm if you would like a few options on a new rod. Wont get better value in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Haydaymay19

TheTorment wrote: »
    I'd suck it in and buy the new one so. A repair job will never be the same and the rod will lose some of it's action.

It's always nice buying new fishing gear!! :)

It's too nice, I know 😂

• Advertisement
Advertisement