Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming lap counter

Options
  • 08-12-2014 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

I need to pick up a pool lap counter as a present and don't know a lot / anything about them. Can anyone recommend one please or advise on what features to look out for? Would be used in 20 and 25m pools if that makes any difference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

TBH I think the best stand alone swim unit is the Garmin Swim.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭pot p

1 of the lads has a poolmate and finds it very good, no experience with it myself just going on what he was telling me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

i have Mr tango as a lap counter and i find him really good . he is not availabe on friday mornings though .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

peter kern wrote: »
    i have Mr tango as a lap counter and i find him really good . he is not availabe on friday mornings though .

WAs no fu*cking good to me last monday. Just kept laughing at me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Garmin, Poolmate, Tango. Got it. Thanks folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr Tango

Was going to say just count!!!!

Use the clock in the pool to keep you right. You should know what time on the clock you go through the 100, 200, 300,400 in. Have a look at it as u breath or if u dont tumble as you turn.

Triathletes are mad about gadgets.

I think my old swim coach would have thrown a float at us if we appeared in the pool with a watch on.

Saying that i have my eye on a 920xt. Will be intersting to see if i use it as notmally hate swimming with a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭gilleek2

Mr Tango wrote: »
    Was going to say just count!!!!

Use the clock in the pool to keep you right. You should know what time on the clock you go through the 100, 200, 300,400 in. Have a look at it as u breath or if u dont tumble as you turn.

Triathletes are mad about gadgets.

I think my old swim coach would have thrown a float at us if we appeared in the pool with a watch on.

Saying that i have my eye on a 920xt. Will be intersting to see if i use it as notmally hate swimming with a watch.

Speedo also make a pool watch that counts distance, strokes per length (avg for the set i think), and has a log of maybe 100 sessions. Think its similar money to the poolmate but you cant hook it up to your pc to download what youve done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 swimpp

I use COUNTU Goal as my swimming lap counter, with preset vibrate alarm function. Only $38, worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

swimpp wrote: »
    I use COUNTU Goal as my swimming lap counter, with preset vibrate alarm function. Only $38, worth it.

we do use euros here ,not great shilling if you dont get the currency right.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,501 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Daughter is a competitive swimmer, she uses a Moove, says it’s accurate at counting distance and different strokes too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement