Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conversion Course in Computer Science?

Options
  • 06-12-2018 4:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi all,

I did my undergrad in Electronic Engineering in UL several years ago. I've been working for about 4 years as a software developer (web applications, php, javascript, mysql)

I feel I'm lacking quiet a bit in the fundamentals i.e. algorithms, data structures etc.

To get to the next level of my career I would really like to take a course that would cover those modules. I was thinking of taking a MSc Conversion Course in computer science or a similar course.

Ideally I would like to take the course in Limerick or nearby(Cork), but I could possibly manage a part time course in Dublin.

Could anyone recommend some courses to me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,102 ✭✭✭batistuta9

A conversion course might be a waste for you I think, unless you really want to go for a masters.
    Some colleges on Springboard.ie have conversion h.dips that you can then transfer onto their master degrees

If it's just to learn algorithms & data structures have a look at edX, coursera or other online providers.
    Plenty of courses on on those, even YouTube & buy/download some books.

Advertisement