Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lessons / Teachers [Post here only]

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭21 Schump Street

I am looking for tenor banjo lessons in Limerick city, does anyone here know of anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 New Ice Age

Anyone in Dublin teach Mandolin without going down the Irish music route??

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ECau

Irish traditional music teacher based in Clontarf. Can teach tin whistle, concertina, and wooden flute to all levels.
    I have been teaching and gigging for about 7 years now.
    Reasonable rates and willing to travel as well as host.
    Look forward to hearing from you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,108 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Any button accordion teachers in Cork (city preferably?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭pavb2

Hi all my daughters are thinking of taking lessons in flute and concertina they have some experience but in general how much should it cost for half hour or an hour lesson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 okonomiyaki

40 euro an hour is going rate for qualified and experienced teacher. though qualifications arent be all and end all - it doesnt make you a good teacher. but if my kids found someone they liked, who was friendly and encouraging, and motivated them to practice then thats a huge part of it and Id pay for that influence on them. many students will charge less, as they are finding their feet and confidence, many experienced will charge more because they can given their reputation etc. especially schools like RIAM etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 okonomiyaki

its also important to note that many traditional players will charge far less, as they see it as a tradition they are passing on, just as it was passed to them. but you have to be dedicated and not mess them around, its disrespectful given that theyre investing in the passing on of the tradition too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 bogfire

For those of you looking for irish music classes, I suggest the South Sligo Summer School, July 10th - July 16th. Tubbercurry Co. Sligo. New classes being offered this year include; Tin Whistle as Gaelige, Audio Production for Irish Traditional Music, Introduction to Harmonica. on web sssschool.org

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭tosspot

Hi, looking for help trying to find adult group lessons for Irish dancing somewhere around South Dublin. I tried a few places but they seem to be finished for the summer. Anyone able to help out??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

Anyone know where I might get Bodhran lessons in Dublin? Preferably city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Hi all,

Looking for accordion lessons with Cork city.

Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

Hi Folks,

Traditional Irish fiddle lessons available in Dublin. Experienced teacher and accomplished musician. All ages and abilities are welcome.

Lessons based in Dublin 20.
    Price is €20 euro for half hour/40 minute lesson or €30 for an hour.

Pm for more details.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 mccarroll_Paul

Qualified Classical Piano teacher available. Graduated from prestigious Eastman School of music in Rochester NY. BMUS, MMUS
    Lessons given on beautiful grand piano. Teach age 5yrs and upwards, including adult students. Competitive rates.

Relocated to Letterkenny in 2016.

Contact Paul on 0749129564

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sarah Flynn

Irish Traditional Concertina and Fiddle Lessons in Dublin.

I am a concertina and fiddle player from Dublin. I have performed nationally and internationally and have taught at leading Irish music festivals such as the Willie Clancy Summer School and The Joe Mooney Summer School. I have 6 years teaching experience in Dublin. I teach private lessons for children and adults of all levels.

PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Visaquestion

I'm looking for a tenor banjo teacher in Limerick city. Does anyone know of anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Looking for a tin whistle teacher in navan adult beginner ...cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Tradnuts

Hi everyone.

I'm offering Tin Whistle and Uilleann Pipes lessons.

I'm based in Maynooth.
    Private lessons. 1 on 1.

Also Low whistle lessons if required.

I've 30 years experience playing and teaching.

20 euro for 30 mins.
    30 euro for 60 mins.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 PKFarrell

Based in Longford
    banjo and guitar lessons (beginner-intermediate students)
    contact my email: paddyfarrell12@ yahoo.com
    or phone on: 0863601033

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ECau

Irish traditional music teacher based in Clontarf. Can teach wooden flute, tin whistle and concertina to all ages and levels.
    I have been teaching and gigging for a decade.
    Contact me at caulfie@tcd.ie for rates and further details.

Thanks.
    Look forward to hearing from you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭glord

Teach Banjo, Guitar,Mandolin to an elite level.Formerly played for the Fureys all over Europe. Teaching for 10 years. Teach via Skype/Facetime also.
    Can also do lessons on fiddle and whistle which I play very well also.

Based in Clonard,Co.Meath.

Charge is reasonable

My number is 0851408460

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eoinwalsh

Guitar, Bass, Music Theory, Harmony and Ear Training Lessons in Cork City

I am a fully qualified, seasoned industry professional with a great deal of experience as a bass player and guitar player in concert and recording studio settings.

Some of the artists I have played and/or recorded with include :

Mick Flannery (Universal Music Group)
    Brian Deady (Universal Music Group)
    Stephanie Rainey (Warner Music)
    Mark Lettieri (Snarky Puppy)
    Jason Thomas (Snarky Puppy)
    Christian Eigner (Depeche Mode)
    Danton Supple (Coldplay, Kylie Minogue, Gary Numan, Robert Plant)
    Dónal Lunny (Moving Hearts, Planxty, Coolfin)
    John Spillane
    Muireann Nic Amhlaoibh
    Pauline Scanlon

I hold a First Class Honours Bmus and First Class Honours Master's Degree from the Cork School of Music.

My aim as a teacher is to enable students to reach their full potential in whatever areas they are most interested in and so my lessons are tailored to suit the individual needs of each student.

I have expertise in technique, music theory, harmony, soloing and improvisation and can teach all styles. I also can teach students to read music.

In the areas of music theory, music literacy, harmony and ear training I take an approach to teaching that is methodical and thorough yet still enjoyable and engaging at the same time and which has helped many of my students improve dramatically in these areas.

I can help students to develop the skills necessary to recognise the harmony (chords), rhythms and melodies in their favourite music by ear, understand the theory behind that music and be able to use the theory to easily create their own musical ideas.

I am available for lessons in Cork city.

For rates and other information, please contact me on 087 1345654

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tomhohner

Hi whereabouts in Limerick do you teach? Thanks, Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 8 brewster101

Cork Guitar Lessons

**Currently Offering Special Rates**

* Experienced school and private guitar teacher available
    * All welcome
    * Garda vetted
    * Acoustic and electric
    * Variety of styles
    * Spare guitars for lesson use

For more info see CorkGuitarLessons.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2 oisin_dillon

All skill levels welcome. Whether it's to play songs or back tunes. Standard tuning, Drop-D, or DADGAD.

Qualified music teacher based in the Dublin area but will also teach from skype if the location is a problem.

PM for more details

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Accordion20

** In line with the closure of businesses/schools I will be operating through Skype**

Button Accordion Lessons available to All age groups from an Experienced musician. Have Been successful at county and provincial Fleadhs.

** open to all age groups and abilities **

From Beginner to Advanced Level.

Techniques such as Rolling, Correct Phrasing, Ornamentation, Rhythm all catered for.
    PM for more details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Combing the internet for a trad harp teacher in Meath (west) / North Kildare area. I know there is a harp school in Mullingar and another renowned harp teacher closer to North of Meath but both seem quite classically inclined.

I already have completed grades in classical flute and have a degree in music, but want to go the trad route on this and play for fun, any names/numbers greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Advertisement