Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dyeing grey hairs

Options
  • 19-02-2019 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

I can't be the only person having this problem!
    I've long dark brown hair and I'm way too young to be grey. However, I'm so frustrated I'm considering it!!
    For the last few years I've got my hair dyed in the hairdressers every 5-6 weeks. Last year it was every 4-5 weeks with the last week only getting by with the L'Oréal spray to cover the roots. Between the hairdresser being expensive, organising childcare while I'm there and wasting three hours per month I decided I'd home colour this year.
    So I used L'Oréal castings dark brown. The colour match was perfect but not the coverage for greys!! Straight away I noticed hairs I thought I'd missed but now I notice way more hairs that I know we're thick with colour and didn't grow that long that fast. All my greys are at my split on my head or at my temples around my forehand.
    On the box it says blends away greys. I'm new to home colour but I also hate the spray in root cover even though it's handy. Has anyone any advice please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I can't be the only person having this problem!
    I've long dark brown hair and I'm way too young to be grey. However, I'm so frustrated I'm considering it!!
    For the last few years I've got my hair dyed in the hairdressers every 5-6 weeks. Last year it was every 4-5 weeks with the last week only getting by with the L'Oréal spray to cover the roots. Between the hairdresser being expensive, organising childcare while I'm there and wasting three hours per month I decided I'd home colour this year.
    So I used L'Oréal castings dark brown. The colour match was perfect but not the coverage for greys!! Straight away I noticed hairs I thought I'd missed but now I notice way more hairs that I know we're thick with colour and didn't grow that long that fast. All my greys are at my split on my head or at my temples around my forehand.
    On the box it says blends away greys. I'm new to home colour but I also hate the spray in root cover even though it's handy. Has anyone any advice please?

The nice n easy clairol permanent dye is the only one I’ve found to actually offer complete grey coverage.
    I’m in my forties and I need to do mine every 4 weeks ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

Only permanent colour will actually colour grey (white) hair and if the white hairs are particularly resistant to colour, you’ll need your hairdresser to colour it with a special resistant colour formula.
    If you stick with home colouring, remember to only put the colour mix on the root area as it grows out and spray water on your head to dilute the mix if re-applying it to the rest of your already coloured hair. Otherwise you’ll end up with dull over processed hair on the middle sections and at the ends, if you have quite long hair.

Advertisement