Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Job Path

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 Walter Knight

I`m sure the time is coming when JobPath participants will be treated as the Holocaust victims in the 20-th century. “The results show continuing high levels of customer satisfaction with an overall satisfaction score of 4.15 on a five point scale.” I would give 5 to a man holding a knife at my throat…before been released.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 maurz

I was recently transferred on to this job path, apparently people are pick at random to go on this.
    Do anyone know how to get out of this:(:(:(
    Who in the Department could I speak to? I had no luck with my local branch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

maurz wrote: »
    I was recently transferred on to this job path, apparently people are pick at random to go on this.

What’s the problem exactly? Why can’t you go to jobpath?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Prince William

Do anyone know how to get out of this:(:(:.

Sign off the dole & sign back on again

Do anyone know how to get out of this Who in the Department could I speak to? I had no luck with my local branch.
    I would speak to Elon Musk. He should send Leo Varadkar to the dark side of the Moon.

• Advertisement

splinter65 wrote: »
    What’s the problem exactly? Why can’t you go to jobpath?

Why should he go there if he does not wish? Why cats and dogs never go to jobpath? They always have food and roof over head end never been employed( well… most of them). And everybody loves them! (well… most of us ;^) ). Different story with unemployed humans ;) All wild animals have their homes of one form or another. And only humans can be homeless. What a wonderful, beautiful, lovely human`s nature ;)

Sign off the dole & sign back on again

He`ll lose at least 2 months of payments AFAIK... And can be "invited" pretty soon again.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Johnnycanyon

Did you consider the sick? Because when you start attending this crowd you will be genuinely sick?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Interesting times ahead - "Dail votes to end referrals to JobPath scheme as opposition parties unite to defeat government"
    https://www.thejournal.ie/jobpath-dail-vote-4480186-Feb2019/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

It costs more than the system it replaced and results in a lower level of progression to full time employment.

Another brilliant move form the Fine Gael 5-a-side brain trust and there "sure if we privatise everything the market will fix it" approach to public and social services.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jmcgill16

Very interesting. Thats Job Path dead so from the sounds of things. I wonder what will happen to those currently enrolled - surely the service will become unprofitable for the providers very quickly if they're not being referred any more "clients".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭satguy

With the money FG will save when they do close this Scam/Sham Jobpath thingy..They might have enough left to give Wesley College another hockey pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

satguy wrote:
    With the money FG will save when they do close this Scam/Sham Jobpath thingy..They might have enough left to give Wesley College another hockey pitch.

I'd say that hospital may need the extra fee quid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Am with these schmucks again from since last Autumn.

Declined to sign my PPP; they'd all my previous information on it; I was expecting it to have been wiped clean in the intervening period from when my first go on their merry go round'd ended.

They don't get many people who won't sign PPP; most people they call in're unaware of the companies behind it, the penalties for non-attendance (the letter states you're invited; yet you can't really R.S.V.P.), the penalties for non-engagement and it's not in their financial interest to tell people their benefits won't be affected if they don't sign the PPP.........

So the PPP's signed under false pretenses to an extent; my first one I signed on day one; I wasn't "woke" enough to them at that point; when my six month review came round I was and so didn't sign it then; my six month review for this one'll be in the Springtime; April or Easter.

CA, Catalyst Analysis which is 99-100 Questions I think; filled it out first time round yet this time I've to do it again; if my PPP from first occasion was ok to copy and paste then why isn't my CA relevant this time round; again on my first go I declined to do it at my 6 month review.

About a week to 10 days after my induction where I'd declined to sign PPP I received letter from Intreo excusing me from signing owing......to me signing my PPP!

I.e. The only way this could've happened, for I didn't give them the E-Sig they reqd. on the day, and I requested a hard copy to bring home and look over before signing, is for someone in the office to've forged my signature; along with this they would've got the 311 Payment; this to me is also fraud...........now I know customers like me're in an extreme minority but if they did it to me, how many've they done it to.............?

Each time since I returned my unsigned PPP they've moved on to the CA; I answered one or two of their questions giving generic, made up answers about English proficiency, level of Maths etc.

But I draw the line, not just at myself being asked, but at customers in general being asked invasive questions about our physical, psychological health, criminal past, addictive substances used etc. by a private company and I sure as hell don't trust who's doing what with that information in terms of TN themselves, FRS Recruitment and Working Links; I don't want my data shared or stored.

If I go with a recruitment firm like Hayes, Manpower etc. I do so voluntarily; if they ask me to do a psychometric analysis or aptitude test then I can say yes or no; it may be in my best interests to fall into line here to gain employment, I imagine such firms're charging me a fee on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis for them to find me a job. However I have the choice to not do so too and I've gone voluntarily to them.

With TN (FRS/Working Links) I haven't gone there voluntarily yet they're insisting I have to do this questionnaire and they can't see why a customer might have some valid concerns as I've outlined?

I wonder was a focus group from say, the INOU, used prior to Turas Nua and Seetec and how they were going to conduct themselves on the ground, at a macro level ever done?

I get why they were set up; what I can't fathom is the power they have (they can refer you back to the dept. for non-engagement; this is something they've done with me......) and their conduct and how they conduct themselves.

The raison d'etre means they're money driven, they're there to monetise the unemployed and it stinks to be honest.

The PPP & CA're a one size fits all; clearly this is not the case and they could, and should, be tailored to the individual since a PA is appointed to you.

I'd've signed my PPP no problem if certain clauses could be removed, deleted or negotiated upon; they're all non-negotiable.

Catalyst Analysis? I could've probably completed some sections, or some questions in some sections but not all but again their systems operates on a "Computer Says No" basis; there's no "Skip" option for questions a customer would rather not answer to a complete stranger much less a private company.......

Unfit for purpose.

While I didn't sign my PPP I have attended for every single appointment; I have signed in and out on their Fire Register sheets; that, to me, is engagement and what I do during my time there, generally half an hour to an hour is immaterial in reality, I'm present and I'd much rather be on a PC applying for work and filling out their sheet so the PA can return it to their line manager.

I think the sheets're logged or e-mailed up a level again; perhaps Dept. want proof customers're applying and do spot checks?

So when Intreo send me a letter after being referred back (I think customers're entitled to three warnings; one verbal and two written and I got none) I'll be laying it on nice and thick for them and I'll be brutally honest and repeat, in writing, my grievances which is mostly what I've outlined here.

Finally to their "Customer Focus Groups"; I believe they're held either monthly or quarterly.

I asked at a recent appt. to be put down to attend one; I wanted to vent my spleen and I had my notes done up nice and neat; I was told I had to be invited to these too by my PA who, verbally, once the front of house indicated there was space, permitted me.....

Lo and behold I rock up on the day to be refused entry/asked to leave (which I politely and promptly did); an excuse was made in terms of my level of employment and whether I'd been invited.

Call me cynical but my guess is it's actually all verbal agreement with PA about attending these yokes and/or you put your name down in advance and rock up on the day.

I'm not buying what they're selling on this occasion; it stinks.

Ends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Does your term with Turas Nua only last 12 months, and when your 12 month period is up do they ring you to come in and sign off it. Was referred to them last Feb, started working that April after I found a job but its technically part time even though the hours are 36hrs a week to 48hrs a week so still on the X&Os. I heard nothing from them since last May and since the new year they've been sending me out appointments but can't make them as do be at work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Does your term with Turas Nua only last 12 months, and when your 12 month period is up do they ring you to come in and sign off it. Was referred to them last Feb, started working that April after I found a job but its technically part time even though the hours are 36hrs a week to 48hrs a week so still on the X&Os. I heard nothing from them since last May and since the new year they've been sending me out appointments but can't make them as do be at work.

has this been interfering with any of your welfare payments thus far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    has this been interfering with any of your welfare payments thus far?

No my payment hasn't been affected.

No my payment hasn't been affected.

Assume you have been informing turas nua of your current employment situation, hence being unable to attend meetings?

surprised there's not much chat about the motion that was passed in the dail last week

looks like the end is nigh for jobpath (turas nua / seetec)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 jobpathagain

Received a letter to attend Jobpath this morning... If that bill is effective immediately, why is this still going on..!?

Received a letter to attend Jobpath this morning... If that bill is effective immediately, why is this still going on..!?

Ah it ll take a while to wind down that one, just play the game until it's gone

I got a letter to attend Seetec . I'm currently enrolled in a Springboard course and studying for a post grad diploma. I'm assuming this doesn't exempt me from having to deal with Seetec?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭redarmy

SIPTU welcomes D support for Sinn F motion to end JobPath

SIPTU representatives have welcomed the passing by D Eireann of a motion, sponsored by Sinn F, calling on the Government and Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection to immediately cease all referrals to the JobPath service and end the mandatory nature of the scheme.

SIPTU Sector Organiser, Eddie Mullins, said: “Since its introduction in 2014, SIPTU representatives have consistently expressed great concern at the preference shown by the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection for JobPath and other schemes which amount to the privatisation of employment services.

“It is clear that the cost of the JobPath scheme, when compared to existing community based programmes which deliver similar services such as Job Clubs, Local Employment Schemes, Community Employment Schemes (LES) or T, reveals that it does not in any way represent value for money for the taxpayer.

“When SIPTU members questioned the cost of JobPath, they were told it was sensitive information and could not be divulged. This is despite our members suffering due to the implementation of the scheme, with redundancies in T, threats to the contracts of Job Clubs and LES and Community Employment Schemes being unable to secure participants because they are sent to JobPath first.”

He added: “The motion which was passed by the D on Thursday, 7th February, is extremely important. If the Government is serious about saving money for the taxpayer, it must end its contract with the JobPath providers and use the more cost-effective community-based employment schemes.

“In that context, we fully agreed with the motion which also calls on the Government to ‘properly resource and expand existing job activation schemes which are community-based, including; the Local Employment Service, Adult Guidance Service, Community Employment, Rural Social Scheme, T and Job Clubs.”

im due to sign the PPP for a second time next week

what to do?

I got a letter to attend Seetec . I'm currently enrolled in a Springboard course and studying for a post grad diploma. I'm assuming this doesn't exempt me from having to deal with Seetec?

Does your course have a work placement requirement? I know mind did for 12 weeks along with assignments related to that placement. Doing that could be tricky if you get stuck with Seetec. No idea how that would work out :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

what to do?

Don't bucking sign it. The scum that are Turas Nua didn't tell you first time round you didn't have to sign it (I.e. Not signing doesn't affect your benefits one iota) so you're more woke to them now so please, please, don't sign it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jobpathagain

what to do?

Same with me and it was absolutely useless the last time. I really don't know what to do or if it is still mandatory to attend them.

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Don't bucking sign it. The scum that are Turas Nua didn't tell you first time round you didn't have to sign it (I.e. Not signing doesn't affect your benefits one iota) so you're more woke to them now so please, please, don't sign it.

i had my payments stopped once already though ,for 6 months with not a penny :pac:

• Advertisement

These new referrals could be a last gasp grab by Jobpath to suck people in before the hammer hits them.

Does your course have a work placement requirement? I know mind did for 12 weeks along with assignments related to that placement. Doing that could be tricky if you get stuck with Seetec. No idea how that would work out :confused:

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I am required to complete a 10 week placement beginning at the end of May this year which would mean not attending seetec for that time. From reading the posts here, they don't seem cooperative when it comes to you doing courses etc. or taking up part time work so I'd imagine I'd have problems being allowed do a placement. There is a freephone number on the letter but I have a feeling I'd be wasting my time calling them, maybe I should gave a chat with them in the Intreo office ?

Nokia6230i wrote: »

When I was with them last year I wouldn't sign the PPP but found out later that they forged my name on it.. I didn't bother doing anything about it as I had got myself a job but I still have the PPP with their forging skills saved on my PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 diogenes38

klaaaz wrote: »
    These new referrals could be a last gasp grab by Jobpath to suck people in before the hammer hits them.

Yeh but what to do, Not sign but still attend I guess.

diogenes38 wrote: »
    Yeh but what to do, Not sign but still attend I guess.

Somebody in an earlier thread about jobpath posted about some court case where it was found signing the PPP was not compulsory as it breached data protection hence there was no loss of benefits. (something like that)

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭scottigael

Got a letter out of the blue to attend jobpath next week today. It's dated last Thursday same day of dail vote this really is a joke. I'll go but won't sign PPP will this put me in limbo for next 12 months will I be unable to get on BTEA?

• Advertisement

scottigael wrote: »
    Got a letter out of the blue to attend jobpath next week today. It's dated last Thursday same day of dail vote this really is a joke. I'll go but won't sign PPP will this put me in limbo for next 12 months will I be unable to get on BTEA?

first thing, dont start panicking. attend your meeting, sign or dont sign the ppp, go along with things as best you can and try not overly worry about your application to btea. best of luck

I think those getting recent jobpath letters should contact their local FF and SF TD's for advice as they voted in the Dail to abolish referrals.

I think those getting recent jobpath letters should contact their local FF and SF TD's for advice as they voted in the Dail to abolish referrals.

I think that's what I'll do. I've only been on jobseekers the past few months and for me to get a referral dated same day as dail vote to stop referrals? Something very rotten in the state of Denmark.

I think that's what I'll do. I've only been on jobseekers the past few months and for me to get a referral dated same day as dail vote to stop referrals? Something very rotten in the state of Denmark.

ah to be fair, the workings of our political system are slow at the best of times, organisations wont necessarily stop immediately if a policy has been passed in our dail, these things take time to resolve

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

When I was with them last year I wouldn't sign the PPP but found out later that they forged my name on it.. I didn't bother doing anything about it as I had got myself a job but I still have the PPP with their forging skills saved on my PC.

Report it

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I am required to complete a 10 week placement beginning at the end of May this year which would mean not attending seetec for that time. From reading the posts here, they don't seem cooperative when it comes to you doing courses etc. or taking up part time work so I'd imagine I'd have problems being allowed do a placement. There is a freephone number on the letter but I have a feeling I'd be wasting my time calling them, maybe I should gave a chat with them in the Intreo office ?

Actually I was thinking about this earlier as I've a family member in the same situation having been called while on Springboard. I'd definitely go to the DSP about it as my thinking was it's not in Seetecs interest to allow you to go do an unpaid placement as they only get paid if you are in a full time paid job.

To me a case of Seetec saying to the department we need more and no refinements to the database query run to exclude those on courses.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Does anyone know what an Assess course is all about?

Does anyone know what an Assess course is all about?

You mean an Access Course surely? :D

That is a one year course you do prior to doing a third level degree etc. to prepare you for it. Usually for mature students who have been away from the education system for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 maurz

Re BTEA : I was told, I because l was referred to T Nua then l was no longer entitled to any funding. However if your application is already in, you probably be OK. (mine wasn't)

You mean an Access Course surely? :D

That is a one year course you do prior to doing a third level degree etc. to prepare you for it. Usually for mature students who have been away from the education system for a while.

Nope Assess, was on the email I got from this shower of clowns.

Report it

I should have done so but as I got a job I put it on the long finger.. I recently informed the data protection commissioner to have my data erased from turas nuas database seen as the PPP was fraudulently signed but have not heard back from them as yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

I had to go to Jobpath for about 2 months, all they did was ruin my CV, make me apply for jobs which made no sense "Office Manager" , I had 0 work experience but a Bachelor (Honors) Degree. Managed to get a job in my own time, nothing at all to do with them and they helped in no way, when I signed off, they have since called or emailed me twice a week looking for my new employment details. They are a joke, their "CV Building" was literally a website that you input information into and it "Generates" it into a CV which is formatted completely wrong and they think its acceptable.

Re BTEA : I was told, I because l was referred to T Nua then l was no longer entitled to any funding. However if your application is already in, you probably be OK. (mine wasn't)

I never submitted a btea application either. What did you end up doing? Stuck on turas for a year?

The Dail might have voted to end JobPath but the government doesn’t have to act on that vote. In fact they hardly ever do.

They might have voted to abolish it but that doesn’t mean the government will abolish it. The government hardly ever act on these votes in fact.

• Advertisement
Advertisement