Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due February 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BrosnanL27

andreac wrote: »
    Hows everyone doing? Had my Glucose test last week and all was fine thank god. Was in with my consultant yesterday and got the ok to have my elective section, delighted as i was panicking that i wouldn't be allowed to get it.
    Baby lying breech at the moment too so would be a section anyway if it stays like this. But apart from that everything else is fine. Just the bloody Carpal tunnel now is getting a bit annoying. I currently have a numb middle finger on each hand...

Hi Andrea that's great you've been given the go ahead for a section. Is it for medical reasons do you mind me asking? Our boy is in the breech position too at the moment and a section has been mentioned to me (due to family history as well as his position).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

BrosnanL27 wrote: »
    Hi Andrea that's great you've been given the go ahead for a section. Is it for medical reasons do you mind me asking? Our boy is in the breech position too at the moment and a section has been mentioned to me (due to family history as well as his position).

Not really. I had an awful traumatic first birth and there's no way i could go through it again to be honest, so i mentioned it to my consultant and he said there would be no issue with an elective section. But if the baby stays breech at least ill have a medically valid reason for it.

Not really. I had an awful traumatic first birth and there's no way i could go through it again to be honest, so i mentioned it to my consultant and he said there would be no issue with an elective section. But if the baby stays breech at least ill have a medically valid reason for it.

Sounds like you have a great consultant! My Mam and females on my Mams side tend to have breeched babies up until really late. A few had the hospital intervene and turn the baby. They've then ended up in labour for a couple of days only for a c-section to take place because baby is too distressed. I would not want to go through that so I'll be getting clued up on elective c-sections myself.

How's everyone doing? Heading for 32 weeks this wed. Not feeling too abd apart from Carpal Tunnel can be quite bad some days with a lot of numbness/tingling.
    Next appt is 4th Jan with my consultant so im hoping i might get my date for my section then, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Lemonposset

Hi Andrea, glad to hear you're getting on mostly well! Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas? I was cooking but off work at least & it was relaxed & good fun. I'm loosing my 2nd trimester energy burst! Absolutely shattered today & felt hungover this morning which is so unfair given I had to watch everyone else tucking into the booze! Baby is lying awkwardly & it's very uncomfortable but it's a small complaint. I'm 31 weeks now & will actually have to start preparing for this little one's arrival as I've been putting it on the long finger until Christmas was out of the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭youandme13

How is everyone doing, last few weeks eeeek!!! Exciting times.

youandme13 wrote: »

Time has gone so fast!! Feeling good so far. Just trying to get everything prepared/ordered for hospital bags and at home. How are you doing?

Time has gone so fast!! Feeling good so far. Just trying to get everything prepared/ordered for hospital bags and at home. How are you doing?

I'm the same, trying to get my hospital bag ready and have washed most clothes and ironed.

Been getting lower back pain and pressure down below, little pains needing to use the bathroom but nothing there! Im 35 weeks today.

I'm the same, trying to get my hospital bag ready and have washed most clothes and ironed.

Been getting lower back pain and pressure down below, little pains needing to use the bathroom but nothing there! Im 35 weeks today.

Had awful back trouble last week but seems to have subsided. I'll be 35 tomorrow! Are you still working? I am working from home and due to finish up Feb 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Prospector1989

Hey all, hope you're all getting on great.

Getting very close now. Very excited.

How are you guys finding the whole thing during covid and all? It's our first and herself is feeling very isolated and alone as she doesn't know anyone else that's pregnant currently, not being able to attend any classes etc. Tried one or two things on zoom but not the same really.

All good other than that. Just counting down the days. Did a test run with our pool for the home birth over the weekend. Was hilarious!

G'luck!

• Advertisement

Had awful back trouble last week but seems to have subsided. I'll be 35 tomorrow! Are you still working? I am working from home and due to finish up Feb 5th.

I finished up at Christmas. Was due to last week but as I'm in childcare was advised not to go back for the two weeks.

I'm 36 weeks today. Have been booked in for a Csection for Feb 3rd, only two weeks to go now!

Hi everyone. Im 36 weeks on wed. I finished up work last week thankfully as was really starting to struggle. Ill get my def section date next Monday. Will either be the 5th or 12th Feb. Hoping for the 5th as the 12th is less than a week to my due date and I went early on my first and really don't want that to happen this time.
    Have my hospital bags more or less packed so I'm ready to go should anything happen in the meantime.

Hi everyone. Im 36 weeks on wed. I finished up work last week thankfully as was really starting to struggle. Ill get my def section date next Monday. Will either be the 5th or 12th Feb. Hoping for the 5th as the 12th is less than a week to my due date and I went early on my first and really don't want that to happen this time.
    Have my hospital bags more or less packed so I'm ready to go should anything happen in the meantime.

Hey Andrea

Did you get your section date? I had a check up on Friday and baby is breeched so I'm in for a section on Feb 10th. I'm a bit in shock but finding it a great relief to know the date he will be coming x

Hey all, hope you're all getting on great.

Getting very close now. Very excited.

How are you guys finding the whole thing during covid and all? It's our first and herself is feeling very isolated and alone as she doesn't know anyone else that's pregnant currently, not being able to attend any classes etc. Tried one or two things on zoom but not the same really.

All good other than that. Just counting down the days. Did a test run with our pool for the home birth over the weekend. Was hilarious!

G'luck!

I'm part of a Feb Babies whatsapp group - happy to sen don invite link via PM for your partner to join. It's lovely to chat to fellow pregnant ladies!

Yes, I'm in this Friday the 5th. Can't wait as I'm struggling even more as each day goes on.
    Oh thats mad about being breech. How do you feel about the section?

Yes, I'm in this Friday the 5th. Can't wait as I'm struggling even more as each day goes on.
    Oh thats mad about being breech. How do you feel about the section?

That's great, not long to go at all! Remind me, are you in The Coombe?

Yeah it seems the midwives I've been seeing were mistaking his bum for his head so for the past 2 months I've been told he's head down. Lucky at my last checkup the midwife sent me for an ultrasound and that's when we found out his head is up at my ribs. I am feeling good about the c-section. Hopefully all will go well. I like that it'll be a somewhat calmer experience. I know recovery is hard but luckily we'll have plenty of time to chill with all the restrictions still in place.

Yes I'm in the Coombe. Are you there too? Thats mad about mistaking the bum for the head. Thank god you found out now and not when you were in labour!!
    I'll let you know how I get on after Friday if I get a chance.

Yes I'm in the Coombe. Are you there too? Thats mad about mistaking the bum for the head. Thank god you found out now and not when you were in labour!!
    I'll let you know how I get on after Friday if I get a chance.

Very best of luck for Friday, I'm sure you're counting down the days now!

I was back in this morning for a checkup and the baby is turning and head is loosely down now. C-section is up in the air (I'm a bit devastated if I'm honest as had mentally prepared for it). I'm back in on Monday to meet the consultant to make a decision. I cannot believe I didn't feel him turning. Wouldn't have thought he had the room!

Baby boy born this morning at 9.03, 6lbs 11oz. All good. Little Bobby.

Baby boy born this morning at 9.03, 6lbs 11oz. All good. Little Bobby.

Ah huge congrats Andrea!! Hope all went well for you! Enjoy this special time with him! Would you believe we have picked the exact same name, love it!

• Advertisement

Ah no way, thats mad. Yeah all good. Just very unsteady on my feet when they got me up for the walk to the end of the bed but it's to be expected. Should be better tomorrow id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Velocity_Girl

Very best of luck for Friday, I'm sure you're counting down the days now!

I was back in this morning for a checkup and the baby is turning and head is loosely down now. C-section is up in the air (I'm a bit devastated if I'm honest as had mentally prepared for it). I'm back in on Monday to meet the consultant to make a decision. I cannot believe I didn't feel him turning. Wouldn't have thought he had the room!

I’m in the exact same position as you, baby has been breech for weeks so I have been booked in for a csection on the 19th February. Was down in the hospital during the week and the baby has turned head down! I still want the csection but not sure if the consultant will let me, appointment this week too.
    Hopefully you’ll get your csection if that’s what you want!

Ah no way, thats mad. Yeah all good. Just very unsteady on my feet when they got me up for the walk to the end of the bed but it's to be expected. Should be better tomorrow id say.

Hope you're starting to feel better and they're all helping you loads in there. Do you think you'll get home soon?

I’m in the exact same position as you, baby has been breech for weeks so I have been booked in for a csection on the 19th February. Was down in the hospital during the week and the baby has turned head down! I still want the csection but not sure if the consultant will let me, appointment this week too.
    Hopefully you’ll get your csection if that’s what you want!

God it's properly messed with my head, are you the same?! I was so excited knowing we'll meet our baby on 10th but so up in air now. I need to figure out what I can say to consultant to convince her to keep the section booked! Half hoping he'll have moved again to breech by Monday!! Hope it all works out for you!

Hope you're starting to feel better and they're all helping you loads in there. Do you think you'll get home soon?

Prob Monday but could be Tues. Very sore and uncomfortable after section so I'm not going to rush myself but hopefully with each day I'll start to feel better.
    No private rooms as they are being used for covid patients so I'm in a semi private ward but staff are just great. Nothing is too much trouble for any of them. Only 3 of us in the room altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Velocity_Girl

God it's properly messed with my head, are you the same?! I was so excited knowing we'll meet our baby on 10th but so up in air now. I need to figure out what I can say to consultant to convince her to keep the section booked! Half hoping he'll have moved again to breech by Monday!! Hope it all works out for you!

Yeah me too, was all prepared for the section and now it’s all up in the air! Let me know how you get on with your consultant, hopefully you will still meet your little one on the 10th!

Yeah me too, was all prepared for the section and now it’s all up in the air! Let me know how you get on with your consultant, hopefully you will still meet your little one on the 10th!

Thanks a million I'll let you know!

Prob Monday but could be Tues. Very sore and uncomfortable after section so I'm not going to rush myself but hopefully with each day I'll start to feel better.
    No private rooms as they are being used for covid patients so I'm in a semi private ward but staff are just great. Nothing is too much trouble for any of them. Only 3 of us in the room altogether.

That's great they're all so helpful. You're absolutely right - take it easy and stay in as long as you feel you need. Nice to only have 3 others in with you. Hope little Bobby is doing well! So nice to have good news during these times!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Lemonposset

Congrats Andreac! Excitig that the first baba has arrived. I'm over-analysing every twinge! Last week in work too, can't wait to be finished

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill. Heading home tomorrow
    Still very sore and everything is at snails pace but Bobby is great and hospital have been amazing. Nurses are just fantastic. I had great experience first time too so couldn't fault them at all. Only down side was not getting my private room but it was grand really.

Advertisement