Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Sept 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Plum Pud

I'm so sorry to read your news ifen x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

fatboy69 wrote:
    Would you get the full day off work for your appointments? I Know work should allow you to attend but didnt think youd get the full day. I made a booboo and never sent my referral letter, I presumed the doctor surgery would do it. Im 11 weeks now and my referral was only sent on Monday. Hopefully wont be waiting too long

I'm a primary teacher in a special school and it's a certified day so the school can pay a substitute. Last pregnancy I had a different principal and used to come in after appointments but it was really stressful waiting so long in the hospital and I'd rush straight in but I never made it in before 11, it was so unfair on the kids and SNAs to not have cover so it's much better to have the full day and I got caught up on loads of paperwork so win-win!

Oh no Ifen, so sorry to hear that. Hope you have support around you, take care x

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

Very sorry for your loss Ifen. Take care of yourselves x

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭awny

lfen wrote: »
    Hi All, we got the news we all dread to hear on Monday :( Very difficult as this would have been our first baby so we don’t have that reassurance of knowing we carried a healthy baby before.

Anyway, don’t want to make this a negative thread as it’s very much positive for all you still expecting. I’ll jump into a mmc thread and feel sorry for myself there!

The very best of luck to you all x

Hi Ifen,

I was on this thread 2 years ago, Due October 2018 and I unfortunately also lost my first baby. It was also a mmc.

I had a baby boy in March last year and am 7 weeks pregnant again. I, too, was worried because I hadn’t carried a healthy baby but it all worked out fine. Don’t lose hope. I’m so sorry this has happened to you, I know how disappointing and upsetting it is.

Mind Yourself x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭anndub

lfen wrote: »
    Hi All, we got the news we all dread to hear on Monday :( Very difficult as this would have been our first baby so we don’t have that reassurance of knowing we carried a healthy baby before.

Anyway, don’t want to make this a negative thread as it’s very much positive for all you still expecting. I’ll jump into a mmc thread and feel sorry for myself there!

The very best of luck to you all x

I also lost our first baby in 2016 Ifen, it's more common than you'd think but I'm currently sitting here juggling an almost three year old and a 5 month old. Both very healthy, straightforward boring pregnancies so take heart. I think the best advice I got was to figure out whether the best route for my grief was to work at conceiving again immediately or take time out to heal independently. That's very individual thing.

Congrats to you all, I still can't believe I have a 5 month old rolling round the floor having found out about my September 19 baby on new year's Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Ifen,

So sorry to hear this. It's so crap and theres nothing anyone can say that will make you feel better. I had 2 losses before I had my daughter and felt exactly like you. Like it would never happen.

It's really tough. It's a rolleroaster of emotions. I felt sad, angry and even unbelievably guilty like it was my fault that I let my OH down. All I can say is be kind to yourself. Allow yourself to feel ALL of the emotions. Its important to grieve.

Fingers crossed all will work out in the future. Thinking of you x

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Redmond26

I'm very sorry to hear that Ifen. Mind yourself. X

How are people feeling? I've just hit week 9 and feel like symptoms have eased up massively. It's very disconcerting feeling ok. Trying not to let my mind runaway with itself and think the worst. Not in hospital until the 11th. Feels like forever away.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Eireog1

Hazelnut Button I'm week 10 and most of the symptoms are gone as well I was just thinking the same as you. I find this time 10 weeks onwards until the scan to be the most difficult as your mind goes into overdrive. My scan is scheduled for the 12th which feels like ages away and is my LL's second birthday so I really hope it goes well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Lorindol31

Had an early scan at 8 weeks, and am now currently about 10 weeks and the wait until the 3rd of March seems like forever away.
    Really want to get to that 12 week hurdle. Still doesn't feel real, don't want to get too excited incase god forbid something happens.
    I feel like I won't even have time to adjust to the news and for it to settle in before we'll be telling the grandparents!

I'm between 9/10 weeks, symptoms very settled too except for still a but nauseous in the evenings but just trying not to overeat. We've told almost everyone at this stage, just some extended family to tell. Dating scan seems like a long time away but just trying to focus on the early scan which went well.

Thanks for the replies.it's reassuring to hear symptoms have settled for others too. We seen a heartbeat at 7weeks which was brilliant but had 2 losses in the past so obviously still nervous that things might not work out. These first weeks are definitely the hardest. Feels like time slows down as u literally count down every day. Bring on the 11th when hopefully all will still be well.

All good here too except I do still have plenty of nausea, tiredness and sore boobs but I'm 12 weeks on Saturday and scan on Monday so happy to get to this stage finally.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

8 weeks yesterday and no letup on symptoms here. Nausea in spades and constantly flit between starving and too sick to eat. Exhausted and my boobs are like a weapon against me!

Redmond26 wrote: »
    Are anyone else's emotions just all over the place?

Mine definitely are. This was a planned baby and our third and I still go through daily flips between being so excited, being upset at losing the independence I now have, fear of managing three. It does settle after a while and you have a few months to come up with a plan to keep your savings on track!

Redmond26 wrote:
    I will say though that I have felt so low since I have found out which I feel so so guilty about. This pregnancy was a complete surprise and whilst I do have an extremely supportive partner, we are both stilll living at home saving for a mortgage so the logistics aren't exactly in place but I know we aren't the first and won't be the last. Are anyone else's emotions just all over the place?

Sounds like a normal reaction to a surprise pregnancy to be honest. Once baby comes you'll be so overwhelmed with love that the logistics won't matter too much, you'll just get on with it. We were very lucky and got pregnant the first month trying but I wasnt quite prepared for it to happen that quickly! It's very much wanted and we are delighted but it still doesn't feel real. Try not to feel too guilty about it, my emotions are all over the place for sure, that's how I suspected I was pregnant early on, upset over everything and anything. My patience is very short too. Hopefully that all settles down...should do a few months after baby comes lol

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Pregnancy is a very emotional time, it's totally normal to have fears and feel up and down about it. I constantly worry about managing a newborn, a 2 year old and a 6 year old!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 fatboy69

Oh this makes sense, I doubt Ill get the day off but I might try :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rosgal21

Hi everyone. Tentatively joining in here. Currently around 9 weeks on number 4. We Have 6, 3 and 2 year olds at home. Was a massive shock and it’s really taken me a while to get used to the idea. my emotions have ranged from thinking how on earth are we going to cope to imagining where it’s going to sleep!
    Had horrible morning sickness for last few weeks for the first time but it seems to be lifting a bit now.

• Advertisement

How's everyone doing? I've made it to the 12 week milestone and I'm delighted. Booking appt and dating scan tomorrow :) feels like it's taken an age to get to this point from finding out but it's also gone fast too.

Symptoms haven't let up yet. Nausea is pretty much 24/7 so I'm really hoping to see an improvement soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cupcake queen

Plum Pud wrote: »
    How's everyone doing? I've made it to the 12 week milestone and I'm delighted. Booking appt and dating scan tomorrow :) feels like it's taken an age to get to this point from finding out but it's also gone fast too.

Symptoms haven't let up yet. Nausea is pretty much 24/7 so I'm really hoping to see an improvement soon.

Oh that's brilliant Plum Pud! I'm just at the week 9 mark and can't wait for week 12, mostly cos I'm hopeful my nausea might lift, although I wasn't so lucky on my last pregnancy and had it the whole time. This feels a little different though in that I thought it was gone earlier in the week and felt great, but then it came back this weekend! So I'm hopeful it might lift like that again. It's really not easy trying to get through the day when you feel so ropey, is it? I tell my husband it's like having a constant hangover!!

My booking appointment is in 2 1/2 weeks in the Coombe and I really can't wait for that. I nearly booked an early scan but I didn't in the end and at this stage I think I'll just wait it out...

Plum Pud wrote: »

9 weeks on Tuesday and it's been a rollercoaster of symptoms as I had literally none on my other two! The nausea isn't quite as bad but that's more because I got to the bottom of it and I snack every 30 or so minutes now to keep it at bay. Haven't actually been to my GP to get the ball rolling yet - really must do that tomorrow!
    Boobs are like actual rocks of pain and torment, nipples are on fire all of the time too. The tiredness has lifted quite a bit though!

Congrats on getting to 12 weeks and best of luck with the scan tomorrow. These first few weeks drag by. I'll be 10weeks tomorrow. And feels like I'll never get to the 11th of March for the 12 week scan.

My symptoms have eased up a lot this week. Boobs arent as tender but just seem very full. Nausea has eased up massively. Just the odd bout here & there. I found my pregnancy multivitamin makes me feel quite nauseous so taking it at night time instead and is helping a bit.

Hospital told me to take iron every other day but I was having horrendous cramping with it so have stopped taking it. I'll try it again in a few weeks.

My biggest issue is over analysing every little twinge & niggle. Consciously trying not to be mental and telling myself that it's normal for symptoms to ease up around now etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Grainneluke87

Hey guys I’ll be 12 weeks on wed and have my app the following Tuesday!! It’s taken FOREVER. Defo think my symptoms are getting easier but that could also be just I’ve dealt with them better by eating all the time 🀣🀣 worst when I’m hungry. Same on my last baby. Such an anxious time isn’t it waiting around for the appointment!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Hi folks, symptoms still same here. 10 weeks on this Wednesday. Pregnancy nose is in full effect, husband cooked a stew in slow cooker yesterday and I can’t go near it without wanting to be sick everywhere. Fatigue still there. I’m in full hibernation mode as much as the other kids will let me.

I had an early scan last week and saw the little thing, heartbeat flickering away. My hospital scan is early March. Slowly getting there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rosgal21

I hear you on the pregnancy nose. My husband brought home a lovely bunch of flowers but could not stand the smell of them!

Congrats to everyone getting to 12 weeks. Hopefully nausea etc starts lifting a bit. Still sick here.

The insomnia is killing me here. Waking at 2.30/3 most nights and lying awake for hours. Once I start to settle my baby starts to wake. Two of my four siblings told me I look "wrecked" at the weekend - sound! Anyone else struggling to sleep?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 pma555

Hi All,

I am 9 weeks. Hospital scan is in 4 weeks time. Morning sickness is in full swing, 24/7, I am really struggling with it. I haven't vomited but feel sick constantly. I have a 6 and 3 yr old, I actually got sick on them so this is different. I am also hibernating as soon as my husband is home. I have to say finding this pregnancy difficult. I got the anti sickness bands for my wrists and they really take the edge off the sickness, Id recommend them. I wouldn't be able to come to work otherwise. Are there any post primary teachers on here? I am just wondering about leave entitlements for hospital appointments.

Good luck to all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭jellybear

pma555 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I am 9 weeks. Hospital scan is in 4 weeks time. Morning sickness is in full swing, 24/7, I am really struggling with it. I haven't vomited but feel sick constantly. I have a 6 and 3 yr old, I actually got sick on them so this is different. I am also hibernating as soon as my husband is home. I have to say finding this pregnancy difficult. I got the anti sickness bands for my wrists and they really take the edge off the sickness, Id recommend them. I wouldn't be able to come to work otherwise. Are there any post primary teachers on here? I am just wondering about leave entitlements for hospital appointments.

Good luck to all

Not expecting myself, have my 6 month old snoozing on me here, but am a primary teacher and you are entitled to leave for all appointments.

Advertisement