Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freebie list

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Suckit wrote: »
    Free samples of Husse Cat and Dog food - https://ireland.husse.com/free-samples

I registered for a free sample.
    Then got an email asking all about the dog but the email was to another person at a different email address to mine? :confused:
    I emailed them to ask how an email sent to ***@gmail.com gets into my inbox at a totally different email address and when I clicked on the email address sent to, it shows up as ***@gmail.com and not mine?
    Still waiting for an answer back from them.

Any ideas or did it happen to anybody else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭lucalux

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Then got an email asking all about the dog but the email was to another person at a different email address to mine? :confused:
    I emailed them to ask how an email sent to ***@gmail.com gets into my inbox at a totally different email address and when I clicked on the email address sent to, it shows up as ***@gmail.com and not mine?

I just checked mine, and it's sent to my email address, but a list of other emails has been CC'd in so it's not great from a privacy standpoint.
    Emailed them, but there's a freephone number I'll try after lunch too

Edited to add:

Got through on the Freephone number. It's an outside agency doing the samples for them and the guy I spoke to (from Husse) was really nice, apologetic, understood the concerns around GDPR etc.

I'm not overly bothered personally but I just let them know so they could get onto the agency responsible and get them to change it for future mailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bluestrattos

I also got an email from purcel[...]@gmail.com with questions (dog/cat, name, age,bread/weight...) but because it end up in my spam folder, I haven't bother replying to it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭jacool

Your dog doesn't have his own email address, does he?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

DontBanMe wrote: »
    I was asked to as part of the form, just found one on Google and sent it off. Got an email about an hour or two later saying a box would be sent to me :)

I just entered BEES and my details and got this email

Dear John Congratulations! You have won a a box of sunflower seeds.

We will post the box to you within the next 28 days !

If you have any questions, please check out the FAQ, or feel free to contact us. From all the team, thank you for starting your day with Nestlé Breakfast Cereals

No mention of uploading pics or anything.

• Advertisement

jacool wrote: »
    Your dog doesn't have his own email address, does he?

Not any more :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Nuno

I also got an email from purcel[...]@gmail.com with questions (dog/cat, name, age,bread/weight...) but because it end up in my spam folder, I haven't bother replying to it

Possibly a scam?

I got a mail too but it was from a @yahoo.co.uk address.
    Asked me to complete the answers to a range of questions about our pet. Seems weird that we're all getting this request from a range of different email addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Aren't pet names common security questions when trying to reset passwords?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Aren't pet names common security questions when trying to reset passwords?

Something very odd about it, I got the email and the reply to is to a Gmail address?

• Advertisement

Deffo be no dog or cat food in the post,it's a scam i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Darksoul

Is there a way to check if that website is legit then?

bassy wrote: »
    Deffo be no dog or cat food in the post,it's a scam i think.

This get's stranger.
    I got a pop up on my gmail to say my account had been compromised by another app with access to my photos.
    I was then asked to sign into my gmail account to confirm I was the owner, I was already in the gmail account so deleted it immediately.

Just got an email back from husse to say they couldn't answer my query regarding how I was getting emails addressed to other people but "couldn't answer it today, they might answer it tomorrow".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

I'm very worried about this, have I been compromised? Should I take any action?

I'm not sure.
    I've deleted the mails, might need to change the password but that's the last thing I want to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I'm not sure.
    I've deleted the mails, might need to change the password but that's the last thing I want to do.

You said you got a notification saying your account has been compromised and you don't want to change your password? :confused:

Pen Rua wrote: »
    You said you got a notification saying your account has been compromised and you don't want to change your password? :confused:

I don't think the notification was real, looked like a spoof pop up to me.
    If the password was compromised, I wouldn't be asked to resign in again as they would have it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

This get's stranger.
    I got a pop up on my gmail to say my account had been compromised by another app with access to my photos.
    I was then asked to sign into my gmail account to confirm I was the owner, I was already in the gmail account so deleted it immediately.

Just got an email back from husse to say they couldn't answer my query regarding how I was getting emails addressed to other people but "couldn't answer it today, they might answer it tomorrow".
    Check what apps are running on your phone, it could be a spam advert and not compromised at all. What apps have access to your photos?
    Husse are a legit company. - https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/husse-dog-food/
    Did you download an app from Husse?

Also check https://haveibeenpwned.com/
    It's unlikely unless Husse was hacked, but I also applied for it and I didn't get any notifications on my spam account.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭smodgley

i got my Husse sample today

• Registered Users Posts: 15,845 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

This is interesting and has gotten me thinking is there one of the sites we’ve been using here which has been compromised. A few days ago I got an email thanking me for my order and that my sample dog food pack for £5 was being sent out.
    But email not addressed to me, rather to Kayleigh with an address in Milton Keynes, have her full address on the mail. My email is most of my real name and not something I can imagine Kayleigh could have gotten a spelling wrong on a similar spelt email

Then I get another email from PayPal with receipt!!! I

Logged into PayPal. Can’t see any transactions on my account. Also logged on to my bank and no charges.
    It is possibly a genuine mistake but it’s weird

YuMOVE UK

Edit: I don’t have a dog and haven’t signed up for any dog freebies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Aplogies to anyone that thought this was another freebie - The next I post will be :D

Anyone worried about their security from using the sites that appear here can check if they have been compromised on this site

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

And going forward may want to either create a spam account and/or use the gmail filter name+product@gmail.com
    For example, you want to make sure that a legit site's emails (bank or phone bill etc) are all legitimate so you'll register your email with the site as johndoe+site@gmail.com and then create a filter that deletes all emails that don't match from:site AND to:johndoe+site@gmail.com.
    Also, when you register with a dodgy site you can provide your email as johndoe+dodgysite@gmail.com and then create a filter to delete everything that is sent to that address.

Or you can just use a throwaway email address to register with the site for the freebie, for example:
    https://www.tempinbox.xyz/
    https://mail.tm/en/
    https://www.tempinbox.xyz/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

I just want to add that I also got an email from a gmail account asking what breed of dog I had and had they any dietary requirements or issues. I figured it was related to the Husse sample but because the sender hadn't said who they were and the email wasn't a company email I was wary.
    So I responded asking if he could clarify who he was. He told me it was in relation to the Husse sample I had requested.
    I was happy enough then to give him the limited and harmless info he'd asked for and he told me I should get some samples by Friday.
    I guess Husse have employed a budget agency to organise the samples and they are a bit amateurish but I don't think there's anything malicious in it.

lets hope the whole Husse thing is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Darksoul

smodgley wrote: »
    i got my Husse sample today

What size was the dog food sample just out of curiosity?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭ThreeGreens

Has anyone else been advised by email that they are getting the March On the Go Box from Sample IT, but not yet received it?

Wondering if mine has gotten lost in the post somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Has anyone else been advised by email that they are getting the March On the Go Box from Sample IT, but not yet received it?

Wondering if mine has gotten lost in the post somewhere!

From the mail......

The boxes are due to be sent out on the 8th March 2021 via An Post 📮 so the deliveries may take a little longer. Please be patient.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Cheerios Breakfast For Bees ðŸ free seeds. Please verify your purchase…

Anyone else got this email? I am not sure what to upload there.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Rollercoaster

Cheerios Breakfast For Bees ðŸ free seeds. Please verify your purchase…

Anyone else got this email? I am not sure what to upload there.

Just got email too. I guess we just have to buy a box of Cheerios and upload the receipt :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I am leaving this here then.
    :)
    Just got email too. I guess we just have to buy a box of Cheerios and upload the receipt :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭smodgley

Darksoul wrote: »
    What size was the dog food sample just out of curiosity?

150G Dog loves it

Advertisement