Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-10-2020, 10:37   #8146
Flyer1

Currently in contract with imagine for another 11 months - has anyone any experience with leaving imagine while in contract ? The service is just beyond crap ! Constant loss of service, speeds consistently below 3MB and often as low as 0.5MB, loss of phone service. I'm simply not getting the product I am paying for, I have spoken with technical support 6 times - all to no avail. I have just accepted it's a sh!te product and there are alternatives out there.

Last edited by Flyer1; 28-10-2020 at 10:43.
Advertisement
28-10-2020, 14:49   #8147
jelem

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodge123 View Post
If your emails to Luke were as coherent as your last few posts then I’d imagine he didn’t pay much attention to them!
pointed out luke not state i contacted him.
why keep posting to one whom is already active
when the likes of myself will ensure as many
as possible at higher levels are contacted
28-10-2020, 15:01   #8148
jelem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimanemo View Post
How fast is your Internet?
was 14 down and 1 up as line tested and capable of 23.3.
18 was unstable.
when search for better price since eir had advertised eirfibre
fail\refuse to supply a cable\fibre connection so it was media company
"virgin" or phone line. Monopoly for virgin and corruption allowing eir
to use virgin network to sell eir service, this because if not connected\contract
with virgin already you cannot get eir cable\fibre speeds.
siro have also stated they will not provide a service.
whilst seeking a cheaper provider from resellers ALL yes ALL the
web advertisements stated my line speed was 12Mb of which one
in particular i produced screenshots of data speed test passing on route through their
servers at 14Mb.
a complaint to comrreg of False speed test results being pushed on the public.
received gobblydeegook and obsfucation with a month or so after eir reduced
my bandwidth to 11down and 1 up (if im lucky).
i have the evidence and proof of cartel and monopoly along with lies to
public and government \ministers \depts. \bodies are all in cahoots.
theft from citizens IS the game whilst supporting poor service.
28-10-2020, 15:08   #8149
Hallowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelem View Post
was 14 down and 1 up as line tested and capable of 23.3.
18 was unstable.
when search for better price since eir had advertised eirfibre
fail\refuse to supply a cable\fibre connection so it was media company
"virgin" or phone line. Monopoly for virgin and corruption allowing eir
to use virgin network to sell eir service, this because if not connected\contract
with virgin already you cannot get eir cable\fibre speeds.
siro have also stated they will not provide a service.
whilst seeking a cheaper provider from resellers ALL yes ALL the
web advertisements stated my line speed was 12Mb of which one
in particular i produced screenshots of data speed test passing on route through their
servers at 14Mb.
a complaint to comrreg of False speed test results being pushed on the public.
received gobblydeegook and obsfucation with a month or so after eir reduced
my bandwidth to 11down and 1 up (if im lucky).
i have the evidence and proof of cartel and monopoly along with lies to
public and government \ministers \depts. \bodies are all in cahoots.
theft from citizens IS the game whilst supporting poor service.
Apt
(3) thanks from:
28-10-2020, 15:25   #8150
jelem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallowed View Post
Apt
seemingly accepted by weak sheep
Advertisement
28-10-2020, 17:36   #8151
rodge123

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelem View Post
pointed out luke not state i contacted him.
why keep posting to one whom is already active
when the likes of myself will ensure as many
as possible at higher levels are contacted
You may want to remove that tin foil hat.
I think it’s interfering with your ability to write any readable posts!
28-10-2020, 19:09   #8152
Tommy Lagahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodge123 View Post
You may want to remove that tin foil hat.
I think it’s interfering with your ability to write any readable posts!
Ah now tinfoil can be handy, I used to use tinfoil to boost my Three modem from 1mbit to 2mbit!
(2) thanks from:
28-10-2020, 20:52   #8153
fdiddy110

Hi all,I've been following this thread for the last few weeks because my speed goes down to 1.5mb every evening.

I'm with imagine for the last 2 + years, and have found them extremely good during the day, yesterday had 90mb down but kept running speed tests every 30 mins from 5PM on. What I found was as follows, it was pretty strong until just after 7,ie Peak hours.then the hammer came down at about 1-2mb until after 11 which is began rising steadily again.

It looks pretty obvious to me that imagine are charged a lot more for these peak hours,therefore limiting the bandwidth so we cant use it much during these expensive hours.not sure can we do anything about this but that's my 2 cents worth on the subject.
28-10-2020, 23:00   #8154
_Puma_

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdiddy110 View Post
Hi all,I've been following this thread for the last few weeks because my speed goes down to 1.5mb every evening.

I'm with imagine for the last 2 + years, and have found them extremely good during the day, yesterday had 90mb down but kept running speed tests every 30 mins from 5PM on. What I found was as follows, it was pretty strong until just after 7,ie Peak hours.then the hammer came down at about 1-2mb until after 11 which is began rising steadily again.

It looks pretty obvious to me that imagine are charged a lot more for these peak hours,therefore limiting the bandwidth so we cant use it much during these expensive hours.not sure can we do anything about this but that's my 2 cents worth on the subject.
It would nice and easy to say its down to imagine been charged for peak hours or some such and cheaping out... But alas I think its a technical limitation of the LTE product.

Contention on a Masts numerous cell sectors during peak hours. Think of a pizza, each customer on a Mast is assigned a slice, loading their slice with lots of data but their is still just one cabinet on the Mast piping it out. When everyone is trying to get out at the same time you just wait in line and why we see it manifest in download speed nosediving and not necessarily connection drops.

Its been very acute on our Mast since the latest lockdown and the clocks went back. More people indoors streaming overloading thier sectors.

Real Estate on the Mast itself (more sectors) is not going to solve the bottlenecks at the Mast cabinet.

Why I think it completely wrong headed by imagine themselves imposing daily download limits underhandedly (detailed earlier in this thread),whatever about the monthly limits. Its not solving the problem. I know they try and limit the number of customers on a Mast but all our slices are getting bigger and more overloaded and the pipes off the Masts are still the same size since they launched this LTE product.

More capital into the Mast infrastructure is the solution but could be out of their hands as they just lease real estate on them. Likely no say on the cabinets off them.

FTTH can't come soon enough for the the majority. will even benefit people sticking with Imagine as the contention issues will ease for their remaining customers

Last edited by _Puma_; 28-10-2020 at 23:18.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
28-10-2020, 23:24   #8155
jelem

Quote:

yes they oversell what they have -
take as much money and hope all do not demand full use at same time.
government allow this theft by allowing "upto" words to con you.
if tied to "we supply 10 Mbits download" then on a "pipe" of 600 MBytes
they can only supply and when oversell they commit crime.
NB
watch for company-men whom try waffle with tech to hide the theft and
abuse the isps and resellers are allowed away with.
tech (625 allow for overhead).
want waffle try isps reply to why bandwidth reduced -"more subscribers".
well F__ Me reduce my price as you have sold to more and taken bandwidth from me.
government allows and citizen has no legal channel to pursue.
29-10-2020, 10:36   #8156
god's toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossie View Post
Yes, working fine. Maybe reboot the router and see if that helps.
Thanks for the reply. Yea I have restarted it and reset it too but it hasn't fixed it.
.. hmmm...
29-10-2020, 12:16   #8157
fdiddy110

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Puma_ View Post
It would nice and easy to say its down to imagine been charged for peak hours or some such and cheaping out... But alas I think its a technical limitation of the LTE product.

Contention on a Masts numerous cell sectors during peak hours. Think of a pizza, each customer on a Mast is assigned a slice, loading their slice with lots of data but their is still just one cabinet on the Mast piping it out. When everyone is trying to get out at the same time you just wait in line and why we see it manifest in download speed nosediving and not necessarily connection drops.

Its been very acute on our Mast since the latest lockdown and the clocks went back. More people indoors streaming overloading thier sectors.

Real Estate on the Mast itself (more sectors) is not going to solve the bottlenecks at the Mast cabinet.

Why I think it completely wrong headed by imagine themselves imposing daily download limits underhandedly (detailed earlier in this thread),whatever about the monthly limits. Its not solving the problem. I know they try and limit the number of customers on a Mast but all our slices are getting bigger and more overloaded and the pipes off the Masts are still the same size since they launched this LTE product.

More capital into the Mast infrastructure is the solution but could be out of their hands as they just lease real estate on them. Likely no say on the cabinets off them.

FTTH can't come soon enough for the the majority. will even benefit people sticking with Imagine as the contention issues will ease for their remaining customers
It is really suspicious that it drops all of a sudden - its not like every subscriber on the dot @7pm drops what they are doing and rush to stream Netflix from 7-11.

On a hunch here but something sinister is going on here to limit peak hours because its costing Imagine more to provide data at these peak hours.
Thanks from:
29-10-2020, 12:40   #8158
deadl0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by god's toy View Post
Thanks for the reply. Yea I have restarted it and reset it too but it hasn't fixed it.
.. hmmm...
Do you have the login for the router ? It should show you the connection status for the phone - like this:

29-10-2020, 13:13   #8159
_Puma_

Quote:
It is really suspicious that it drops all of a sudden - its not like every subscriber on the dot @7pm drops what they are doing and rush to stream Netflix from 7-11.

On a hunch here but something sinister is going on here to limit peak hours because its costing Imagine more to provide data at these peak hours.
I used to think this also and of course not ruling it out but the fact, for my service anyway, it's starting to become an acute problem the past couple of weeks. Seemed to be very smooth during the summer months.
(2) thanks from:
29-10-2020, 13:49   #8160
deadl0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Puma_ View Post
I used to think this also and of course not ruling it out but the fact, for my service anyway, it's starting to become an acute problem the past couple of weeks. Seemed to be very smooth during the summer months.
Have you done a speedtest at that time with WiFi off and you the only person connected with a cable ?

Just to be sure it's nothing internally causing the issue (I had this with my work laptop kicking off a hard drive backup and took me ages to figure it out)

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion