Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apartment not registered - what to do?

• 26-10-2020 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

After searching on the landddirect.ie website, I've just noticed that an apartment that I bought with a mortgage nearly twenty Years ago is not registered.

From the landdirect.ie website when I did a map search;

"Multi Storey Scheme:
    This is a Multi-Storey Building (MSB) identifier. The MSB identifier provides the folio number for each unit that is registered. Note: Units in a development that do not display a Folio number are not registered yet".

-needless to say my apartment is not listed.

What are the implications of this?

I have had a mortgage with one of the main banks all this time and have paid the mortgage off dutifully.

This is coming as an enormous shock to me, I am livid at the incompetence of the solicitor tbh.

What should I do from here?

Can I register the property myself - I don't have any confidence in the solicitor to do it at this stage.
    Can I get another solicitor to do it for me?

Does this mean there are no deeds to the property? - hope this isn't a silly question but I am extremely worried atm.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78 ✭✭sammye333

Does this mean there are no deeds to the property? - hope this isn't a silly question but I am extremely worried atm.

when you paid off your mortgage, you should have got your deeds back from the bank??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hiberno1234

sammye333 wrote: »

when you paid off your mortgage, you should have got your deeds back from the bank??

Mortgage is not paid off - I have one Year left to pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    Go to firm who acted for you on the purchase

Advertisement