Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glas annual fees

• 18-10-2019 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

Just wondering is this normal. Got a annual “maintenance” bill of €170 from advisors. I paid them the original planners fee and nutrient plan fee the year after, but advisors appear to be billing me a annual maintenance fee for the final 3 years of the scheme. Is this commonplace ? I submit my own bps online and tick the glas related boxes myself every year.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,351 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Just wondering is this normal. Got a annual “maintenance” bill of €170 from advisors. I paid them the original planners fee and nutrient plan fee the year after, but advisors appear to be billing me a annual maintenance fee for the final 3 years of the scheme. Is this commonplace ? I submit my own sfp online and tick the glas related boxes myself every year.
    You should have only to pay the initial fee to your planner for advising and submitting your GLAS application and after that the nutrient plan fee for preparing the plan and taking soil samples. There should be no other GLAS fees that I am aware off.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Durrus Boy

Base price wrote: »
    You should have only to pay the initial fee to your planner for advising and submitting your GLAS application and after that the nutrient plan fee for preparing the plan and taking soil samples. There should be no other GLAS fees that I am aware off.

Was there a set fee/price for the nutrient management plan does anyone know, or was the fee at the planners discretion??
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭speckled_park

Durrus Boy wrote: »
    Was there a set fee/price for the nutrient management plan does anyone know, or was the fee at the planners discretion??
    Thanks

Set nmp price for any Teagasc client. Private advisors can charge as much as they like.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭speckled_park

Just wondering is this normal. Got a annual “maintenance” bill of €170 from advisors. I paid them the original planners fee and nutrient plan fee the year after, but advisors appear to be billing me a annual maintenance fee for the final 3 years of the scheme. Is this commonplace ? I submit my own bps online and tick the glas related boxes myself every year.

Wouldn't think its commonplace, but Im not up to date in the coat of private planners. If they aren't doing anything for you (eg farm visit, record book recording) it sounds like a lousy charge. Have you any actions that require yearly submissions? Like LESS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Wouldn't think its commonplace, but Im not up to date in the coat of private planners. If they aren't doing anything for you (eg farm visit, record book recording) it sounds like a lousy charge. Have you any actions that require yearly submissions? Like LESS

Nothing out of the ordinary. I’ve in basic traditional grazing and a few bird boxes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

What is the fee for - do they do the records for you?

What is the fee for - do they do the records for you?

No, don’t talk to them from one end of the year to another about anything glas related.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Nobbies

Independent planner here. i believe he's in the association of independent planners though. never had a annual charge after initial plan and nutrients plan. he did tell me of a €300 charge for record keeping if i was inspected and wanted them brought up to date.
    heaven forbid that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

The girlfriend did a couple of hundred of them and she only charged for the application and nmp. No annual charge. Think she charges €100 if she's asked to fill up record books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

The girlfriend did a couple of hundred of them and she only charged for the application and nmp. No annual charge. Think she charges €100 if she's asked to fill up record books.

Do you have to keep the record sheets for every year? Mine are fairly sparse as with hen harrier, I only tipp rushes once, don’t spray- can’t get anyone to lick and I only put out a very small bit of 18-6-12 and no slurry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭sonnybill

Do you have to keep the record sheets for every year? Mine are fairly sparse as with hen harrier, I only tipp rushes once, don’t spray- can’t get anyone to lick and I only put out a very small bit of 18-6-12 and no slurry.

Part of your glas contract as a participant that has received the training that you fill out the records sheets of all actions conducted on each parcel lpis no.

E.g dates you used the commonage, when you lifted stone walls on which parcel, put out a few bags, fencing etc emptied bird boxes, applications and dates involved each year in establishing a WBC bearing in mind dates must be after you receipt for seed

A lot of chasing your tail if you have done nothing for 16, 17, 18 and 19 and get an inspection in 2020

sonnybill wrote: »
    Part of your glas contract as a participant that has received the training that you fill out the records sheets of all actions conducted on each parcel lpis no.

E.g dates you used the commonage, when you lifted stone walls on which parcel, put out a few bags, fencing etc emptied bird boxes, applications and dates involved each year in establishing a WBC bearing in mind dates must be after you receipt for seed

A lot of chasing your tail if you have done nothing for 16, 17, 18 and 19 and get an inspection in 2020

The glas training I was on didn’t mention anything about filing the sheets bar make sure you record events.

It’s all hen harrier parcel here so max fertilizer 50kg/hectare- I have the amounts and dates.

Fenced the place year 1 and usual maintenance annually. Can only top specific dates and that’s logged.
    Can’t reseed/drain/spray.

So my sheets would be fairly sparse I might get onto
    My planner. Would be worth a few quid to make sure I’m right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/farmerschemespayments/glas/

Select the relevant form from the above link, for whichever Tranche you are in, to access blank Record forms.

If the initial one was completed by a Planner, it is easy enough follow and complete them yourself in the following years.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Track9

===========
    There seems no justification for this charge.Suggest query this as other clients probably do work you are doing yourself & wud be billed regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

The glas training I was on didn’t mention anything about filing the sheets bar make sure you record events.

It’s all hen harrier parcel here so max fertilizer 50kg/hectare- I have the amounts and dates.

Fenced the place year 1 and usual maintenance annually. Can only top specific dates and that’s logged.
    Can’t reseed/drain/spray.

So my sheets would be fairly sparse I might get onto
    My planner. Would be worth a few quid to make sure I’m right.

Don't bother your barney going near your planner!!!
    How in the hell is he/she going to know what you did???
    Yeah they'll make up a few stories and stick them in.
    Might aswell make up a few yourself (if u have to) and keep your money in your pocket. (€100x4...at least) Mkney saved is money earned as far as lm concerned.
    I always used to photo copy the first year and then write similar fior other years. An hour or two would sort you.
    I've been inspected twice so l know what lm talking about. You only need a line or so in each bit you do. Mention parcel numbers. You'll get them on your bps maps, hard copy or online on aģfood.

Muckit wrote: »
    Don't bother your barney going near your planner!!!
    How in the hell is he/she going to know what you did???
    Yeah they'll make up a few stories and stick them in.
    Might aswell make up a few yourself (if u have to) and keep your money in your pocket. (€100x4...at least) Mkney saved is money earned as far as lm concerned.
    I always used to photo copy the first year and then write similar fior other years. An hour or two would sort you.
    I've been inspected twice so l know what lm talking about. You only need a line or so in each bit you do. Mention parcel numbers. You'll get them on your bps maps, hard copy or online on aģfood.

I have that. I just thought twas fairly sparse. And I suppose the less you do with with certain areas the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

It's the teacher in you. You are overthinking it. Keep it simple.

Use the IFJ or Limousin or even the Centra annual wall calendar, to mark the dates when grazing commenced or fert spread, type, amt, area., or whatever happened that is relevant to your Glas plan. (these type of calendars have enough space to include notes)

When I download the blank GLAS form, I use the calendar to go back and check what happened throughout the year to fill in the blanks. (aided by the original record form and bps maps for parcel identification)

The wall calendar is handier than thumbing through a diary for entries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭Sami23

My Glas Planner has written to me for the last 2 years asking me to drop in my fertiliser, WBC and meal receipts for the previous years so I rang up to question why he needed these as like previous posters have suggested I filled in the record books myself.
    Anyway his secretary said she wasn't sure but she thought he needed them to update the NMP for me.
    Does the NMP have to be updated during our Glas contract or is my planner just trying to make a handy few pound ?

I spoke with the glas section. There’s no obligation to submit any correspondence on an annual basis after the initial application and nmp is submitted in year 1 & 2. Just keep your own records Incase ever inspected. I contacted my own advisors who have thankfully agreed to retract the “maintenance fee invoices”. I’m happy as it would have soured our relationship and prevented me from going back to them on any future schemes. Thanks for everyone’s help advice on the matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭Jack C

I had an inspection last week. All was ok.

He then wrote out looking for records to be sent within 10 days.

Record books filled up to date.

Receipts for feed 2017.

Receipts for fert 2018.

Receipts for work done [hedging , bee sand, etc.]

Nitrates records 2018.

I can get all that sent back but I'm just wondering what 'nitrates records' means. Can I print it off from ag food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭zetor 4911

Jack C wrote: »

Receipts for feed 2017.

Receipts for fert 2018.

Receipts for work done [hedging , bee sand, etc.]

Nitrates records 2018.

I can get all that sent back but I'm just wondering what 'nitrates records' means. Can I print it off from ag food.

He should have sent a blank copy of the nitrate records to you. Be sure that you don't exceed your N & P limits.

https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/media/migration/farmingschemesandpayments/crosscompliance/smrs/2018/2018NitratesRecordTemplate140618.pdf

NITRATES RECORD 2:
    CHEMICAL FERTILISERS COMING ONTO YOUR HOLDING (“IMPORTED”) OR BEING SENT OUT OF IT (“EXPORTED”)

I wonder if this is what you need, though the expressions, imported and exported is strange, when used for Chemical fertiliser. I could understand it being expressed in reference to Organic fertiliser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭Sami23

Receipts for feed 2017.

Receipts for fert 2018.

Nitrates records 2018.

Why do they need receipts for feed I wonder ?

Be a bit awkward for lads buying in small bags as they would have a lot or receipts :(

Sami23 wrote: »
    Why do they need receipts for feed I wonder ?

It's all included to make up your total N and P figures for farm..

How do they make that up ? Is there a set level of n &p per tonne of meal used ?

How do they make that up ? Is there a set level of n &p per tonne of meal used ?

Check with the Merchant who supplied the meal. Dairygold provide an annual statement, showing N P and K, in fertiliser, meal and mineral lick buckets

They offer assistance to analyse and calculate the figures based on your purchases from the Co-Op.

I think its about 5kg of P per ton of meal depending on the ration. I don't think they consider meal for N.
    They also take your soil tests into consideration. If a plot has a low index then you're allowed more P....... I think,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭zetor 4911

I think its about 5kg of P per ton of meal depending on the ration. I don't think they consider meal for N.
    They also take your soil tests into consideration. If a plot has a low index then you're allowed more P....... I think,

It would be wise to get your adviser or who prepared your NMP to complete the records and the nitrates. If a small mistake is made on P or N then a penalty will apply to GLAS and the BPS. I don't know what it would cost but it would be safer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement