Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anc and Bps 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Jb1989

It's in the account :D

Same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,202 ✭✭✭emaherx

Me too.....
    Now I can write cheques for a bunch of other people yeah! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Same here.....will be nice to look at for a short while at least!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

The helpline will be open on Saturday and until 8pm during next week. My file can now be accessed. Will ring tomorrow to see where I'm at

I was talking to the most unhelpful lad this morning. There is a stop on my payment. He doesn't know why, he will put a note on it. I'm no further on than when I first rang a month ago . Doesn't know when I'll get paid. Then I had to ask about my dads payment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Box09

Did you take land off for your new shed?

Box09 wrote: »
    Did you take land off for your new shed?

Nope it wasnt built or started then. It's just annoying that my application went in in April and 6 months later no one can tell why I'm not being paid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

whelan2 wrote: »
    I was talking to the most unhelpful lad this morning. There is a stop on my payment. He doesn't know why, he will put a note on it. I'm no further on than when I first rang a month ago . Doesn't know when I'll get paid. Then I had to ask about my dads payment.

I'd say you're getting an inspection of some sort in the near future. I had the same problem last year with the Suckler cow scheme, nobody could tell me why my payment was held up and nothing showed on the screen for me.

I got an inspection in January, I think, and was finally paid in February or March.

I'd say you're getting an inspection of some sort in the near future. I had the same problem last year with the Suckler cow scheme, nobody could tell me why my payment was held up and nothing showed on the screen for me.

I got an inspection in January, I think, and was finally paid in February or March.

Initially they said I was in for a satellite inspection but he couldn't confirm that today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,349 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Nope it wasnt built or started then. It's just annoying that my application went in in April and 6 months later no one can tell why I'm not being paid
    Have you contacted the IFA. They are pretty good at sorting out problems like yours.

• Advertisement

Base price wrote: »
    Have you contacted the IFA. They are pretty good at sorting out problems like yours.

Will have to do something next week until yesterday my file couldn't be accessed at all. My dads file is a joke too, he has claimed the same land for over a decade with no changes and on one 5 hectare parcel they are saying he claimed zero hectares this year. New system cock up

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Base price wrote: »

Or a TD, if you were down here Mr. Lowry would have it sorted fairly quick. It's ridiculous not paying farmers on time.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Or a TD, if you were down here Mr. Lowry would have it sorted fairly quick. It's ridiculous not paying farmers on time.

I think the new system they were trialling didnt work. Teagasc man said everyone is having problems. They should just pay out what they paid last year and try and fix it after. Another farmer mysteriously got plots from miles away in on his claim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I have the Minister. Not sure that's an advantage. Haven't gone chasing it yet, but it's very annoying.

Water John wrote: »
    I have the Minister. Not sure that's an advantage. Haven't gone chasing it yet, but it's very annoying.

It will goes back to sending out a text a week before payment is due if you will be getting the payment on time or not. We applied 6 months ago, surely they knew there were problems ages ago

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

Will have to do something next week until yesterday my file couldn't be accessed at all. My dads file is a joke too, he has claimed the same land for over a decade with no changes and on one 5 hectare parcel they are saying he claimed zero hectares this year. New system cock up

ring creeds office in macroom 026 41835.The girl working in there will sort it.

Thanks, yes heard she's good.

ring creeds office in macroom 026 41835.The girl working in there will sort it.

Worth a try . Will ring Monday thanks

There is a problem. Department hope to have it fixed by the end of this week.

The maps this year are more high resolution, so there chasing every bush.
    Also 400 new staff, a temporary assignment, are trained each year for scrutinising the maps. This from my advisor.

Really hope Whelan you're correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

The maps this year are more high resolution, so there chasing every bush.......This from my advisor.

I'm sure this is probably true. But your advisor (and all other professionals that suckle at the teat) thrive in a world of fear and scaremongering!

The maps this year are more high resolution, so there chasing every bush.
    Also 400 new staff, a temporary assignment, are trained each year for scrutinising the maps. This from my advisor.

Really hope Whelan you're correct.
    So they'll deduct from us for allowing natural regeneration and then criticise us for not joining artificial regeneration schemes, does that sound about right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,202 ✭✭✭emaherx

So they'll deduct from us for allowing natural regeneration and then criticise us for not joining artificial regeneration schemes, does that sound about right?

That just about sums it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

That’s it, maybe next anc I’ll get paid for the scrub and docked for the grass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,349 ✭✭✭✭Base price

That’s it, maybe next anc I’ll get paid for the scrub and docked for the grass
    That appears to be the way things are going and tbh I don't have a problem as long as we receive proper remuneration.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Tanko1414

No bps payment as of yet... anyone else waiting for payment..... stressed out

Tanko1414 wrote: »

Did you ring them? I have stopped stressing about it. It's a total cock up on their behalf. The money will come at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Tanko1414

Did you ring them? I have stopped stressing about it. It's a total cock up on their behalf. The money will come at some stage
    I rang them but would give me no details as I not herd owner, I am herd keeper

I rang them but would give me no details as I not herd owner, I am herd keeper

Get them to send you out a form that you can speak on the herd owners behalf. I got it last week so I can enquire about my dad's application.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Cran

Same here, it’s passed all checks now being told though just waiting for it to go through for payment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

With all the changes I've had lately I checked my application at the department stand at the ploughing last year, There was a stop on it, the girl told me to phone following Monday, so sorted it then, she asked would she prioritise payment, I agreed and payment came immediately

wrangler wrote: »
    With all the changes I've had lately I checked my application at the department stand at the ploughing last year, There was a stop on it, the girl told me to phone following Monday, so sorted it then, she asked would she prioritise payment, I agreed and payment came immediately

That's the other thing it depends who you speak to. I was talking to the most useless lad last Friday. Very helpful women up to that

I rang about my ANC today and was told it would be after Christmas seeing as I am one of the few being kicked out of the ANC after next year because my stocking rate is too high.

Even though my neighbours have higher stocking rates and can still claim:rolleyes:

So after next year, I'll be the only farmer in the parish who won't be eligible for ANC payment. I can't wait for the next election:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

I rang about my ANC today and was told it would be after Christmas seeing as I am one of the few being kicked out of the ANC after next year because my stocking rate is too high.

Even though my neighbours have higher stocking rates and can still claim:rolleyes:

So after next year, I'll be the only farmer in the parish who won't be eligible for ANC payment. I can't wait for the next election:mad:

What’s your stocking rate?

What’s your stocking rate?

188kgs/ha, apparently the cutoff was 180...

• Advertisement

Nice of them to let you know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Neither BPS or ANC paid here yet. Have rang a few times. I'm told I'm selected for a satellite inspection but cant say when it'll be done. Told ring back next week and see if there's any further news.

Can't get the ANC or BPS, Cant get the cattle into the factory. Good flippin job there's a few euro coming in aside of the farm, so I can keep the farm afloat!

Nice of them to let you know

Yeah, it's not like it took 3 phone calls to find it out. Afaik, the money is available for payment so it's sitting in the Governments petty cash account as available for other Government requirements until it's paid out to us.

Tbh, I'm getting pretty sick of farmers money being withheld for others use:mad:

Was looking at my application last night a plot of 13.69 hectares. It says I claimed none of it. This also is taken away from my total area in my nitrates statement. Giving me a false reading. Another plot of 1.16 hectares rented ground it say I claimed none of it

Was looking at my application last night a plot of 13.69 hectares. It says I claimed none of it. This also is taken away from my total area in my nitrates statement. Giving me a false reading. Another plot of 1.16 hectares rented ground it say I claimed none of it

Have you not got a copy of your application in May.......... Very easy to confirm/contradict then

• Advertisement

Have you not got a copy of your application in May.......... Very easy to confirm/contradict then

Ye they also said I didnt apply for anc . I said look at my application I ticked the box. It's a total mess

Ye they also said I didnt apply for anc . I said look at my application I ticked the box. It's a total mess

You should tell your local IFA office all that's after happening, that's pathetic,
    Is it Clinton that's in your local office, I'd be making him earn his keep, I know our local guy would sort that very quick years ago ....... don't know if it's the same now

You should tell your local IFA office all that's after happening, that's pathetic,
    Is it Clinton that's in your local office, I'd be making him earn his keep, I know our local guy would sort that very quick years ago ....... don't know if it's the same now

It's not a quick fix though. The new system has fooked up. I was told that it would be sorted by the end of this week. Up until last week I couldn't even get into my application so that has been fixed at least . Teagasc man said it's crazy . Wonder will there be anything in the comic about it tomorrow. I'm ok as I have my building loan to tode me over. I will get my payment, I just dont know when

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Was there an apology and explanation at that point?
    I second third and umpteenth the suggestion that you hound IFA to hound on your behalf,that's what they're there for
    Also request a local T D to ask a Dáil question and for a statement on the Louth debacle
    Been here
    Phone calls from you and you alone do not move these things along

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Was there an apology and explanation at that point?
    I second third and umpteenth the suggestion that you hound IFA to hound on your behalf,that's what they're there for
    Also request a local T D to ask a Dáil question and for a statement on the Louth debacle
    Been here
    Phone calls from you and you alone do not move these things along

This was the most useless lad I was talking to last friday. I was getting annoyed talking to him. I'll put a note on your file bull****. Teagasc man said to wait until next week and then go in all guns blazing. Plenty of other stuff going on here to keep me occupied. It's not top of my list of priorities yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭orm0nd

This was the most useless lad I was talking to last friday. I was getting annoyed talking to him. I'll put a note on your file bull****. Teagasc man said to wait until next week and then go in all guns blazing. Plenty of other stuff going on here to keep me occupied. It's not top of my list of priorities yet

I haven't been a client of Teagasc for years as I found them useless. My indy consultant is brilliant. 1 phone to him and leave it to him from there. Don't know why you are ringing if you are paying Teagasc that's their job.

Life is too short to be putting up with sh#t like that. As you say enough to doing elsewhere.

The system has to be fixed before individual files can be sorted. No point ringing them until the system is sorted. It also takes a good while to get through to department of you even do get through

It's not a quick fix though. The new system has fooked up. I was told that it would be sorted by the end of this week. Up until last week I couldn't even get into my application so that has been fixed at least . Teagasc man said it's crazy . Wonder will there be anything in the comic about it tomorrow. I'm ok as I have my building loan to tode me over. I will get my payment, I just dont know when

That's another reason to get on to IFA, if they're not informed of the issues they won't be doing anything about it........ there's beef farmers this year that need their money a lot worse. they can't even sell their cattle.
    There's no reason why they can't issue the cheques when it's them that ****ed up

County executive meeting on Tuesday night. Will try and go

County executive meeting on Tuesday night. Will try and go

You should phone Anthony Clinton, 042 9744870, tell him what's going on, you're being treated appallingly

• Advertisement
Advertisement