Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This time with style

Clearly not a Karen.

Hiya! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Have to be up for work in 6 hours and stil not in bed. Damn depression

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

fr336 wrote: »
    Have to be up for work in 6 hours and stil not in bed. Damn depression

I am, to this day, my own worst enemy in that respect, can't get in to bed, then can't sleep, then can't get out. Depression, anxiety et al are a curse. *hugs*

I am, to this day, my own worst enemy in that respect, can't get in to bed, then can't sleep, then can't get out. Depression, anxiety et al are a curse. *hugs*

Hugs to you too. Im quite weird in that i stay up to avoid the next day than stay in bed in the mornings. My job is fine its just always a big mental effort to get through the day. Work is good for me for social side but home is less stressful. I tried medication for one day back in march and havent felt right since - maybe giving up so easily made me worse though as i stopped myself from getting help? Blah

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I was lucky there, medication helped me as soon as the initial two weeks dosing took effect, just played about with the dosage then..

On a completely unrelated note i sat on my wet hat and now have a soggy arse :mad:

• Advertisement

I was lucky there, medication helped me as soon as the initial two weeks dosing took effect, just played about with the dosage then..

On a completely unrelated note i sat on my wet hat and now have a soggy arse :mad:

Yeah i didnt have major side effects though it was only one day lol all i felt by evening was tge anxiety pretty much gone but just awful empty depression. Not dark depression just i dunno.. I should have stuck with it for the 2 weeks as i have had that before without any meds and maybe it proved they would work

A soggy bottom as my old mate mary used to say

Yeah it needs the few weeks unfortunately, kinds feels weird like giving up your freedom initially but i only wish now i'd tried earlier.

Ahh mary berry and her soggy bottoms, i must admit i like a soggy bottom on an apple tart :P

How long is your hair!!!

When I was young, I wasn't allowed cut my hair & it was so long I had to lift it over my shoulder when I was in the toilet :)
    The day I was 16 I went to the hairdressers, she rang my Mam to see if it was OK to cut it!
    So I got it shaved up the back & a bit longer at the front. I will never have hair longer than my shoulders ever again!

Edit, Silly me, it was your hat! :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Grem, I read that as you sat on your wet hand!
    I was a bit puzzled by that tbh :)

To thine own self be true

bubblypop wrote: »
    How long is your hair!!!

When I was young, I wasn't allowed cut my hair & it was so long I had to lift it over my shoulder when I was in the toilet :)
    The day I was 16 I went to the hairdressers, she rang my Mam to see if it was OK to cut it!
    So I got it shaved up the back & a bit longer at the front. I will never have hair longer than my shoulders ever again!

Edit, Silly me, it was your hat! :):)

My hat fell on to my seat!. My hair is growing out a total scalping :pac:

• Advertisement

All cosy in the lovely bed. Goodnight earthlings. :) And to anybody struggling, hope tomorrow is better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

fr336 wrote: »
    Hugs to you too. Im quite weird in that i stay up to avoid the next day than stay in bed in the mornings. /quote]

Nope. You're not alone with that one.

Bedside.. processing

Photos?. Cheese?. Mike??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

Post nite Indiee Rock blast...we had a good time !¥

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

I really hope you'll get some good news about the condition your friend is in Mak.

Lying in bed with himself next to me for the last time. Sleeping on and off. Cuddling my cat on Monday is keeping me going. The support from you lovely lot means more to me than I can express so thank you.

Stay strong, we're here ;)

Having a lovely morning with the kids. I'm truly blessed with the two of them.

Here's an earworm for ye..

Then I look at you
    And the world's alright with me
    Just one look at you
    And I know it's gonna be
    A lovely day
    (Lovely day, lovely day, lovely day, lovely day)
    (Lovely day, lovely day, lovely day, lovely day)
    A lovely day.... :D

Strolling in sunshine, salted caramel ice creams bought for later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I admire your self-restraint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am up and at em early today. Sore head tho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Hand in Your Pants

I am up and at em early today. Sore head tho.

You probably need a head massage.

Don't be strolling in the sunshine too long or they'll melt on ya :D

Don't be strolling in the sunshine too long or they'll melt on ya :D

Oh just short stroll home with them, stashed in freezer now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

TTW'S, love that Earworm , have fun with the little ones :)

It is raining away here , no sun but can see blue skies further out the road . Coffee time !

In bed listening to the lovely wind. It's all whooshing noises. Time for coffee and painkillers. Oh! Maybe bf will go get me sausages!! :D

I'd say he'll give you one sausage if you ask nicely..

Currently watching Demolition Man !

I'd like 3 :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning or is it Afternoon all :)

Bright and blustery here :) All this talk of sausages I’d love a breakfast roll :D

Couchside with a slight headache and no motivation. I hope Phoenix is ok, what a horrible thing to happen, are people just gone totally heartless or just mad ,what a rotten scummy thing to do to someone, I'm fuming over it.
    Phoenix I don't want to sound all 'parenty' but what I've learned in life is you need to look after yourself ,go with your gut and trust very few ( I really mean trust nobody but that makes me sound harsh lol). I hope you get over this and get home safely...honestly what an absolute p***k.

Any holes a goal? .... Jaysus.... What happened to the old Victorian, demure and virginal Perse?!

That was a construct you invented!! :D

• Advertisement

Couchside with a slight headache and no motivation. I hope Phoenix is ok, what a horrible thing to happen, are people just gone totally heartless or just mad ,what a rotten scummy thing to do to someone, I'm fuming over it.
    Phoenix I don't want to sound all 'parenty' but what I've learned in life is you need to look after yourself ,go with your gut and trust very few ( I really mean trust nobody but that makes me sound harsh lol). I hope you get over this and get home safely...honestly what an absolute p***k.

We do have to look after ourselves Duvet, as I do say charity begins at home. I think life would be lonely and our relationships superficial if we couldn't trust though :( After lots of hurt it can be really hard and risky, but if trust our intuition and be wise with those we have in our lives, then we will rarely go wrong :)

Duvet , totally agree with re trusting your gut instinct . Hope your headache goes soon for you .
    Kitchen presses and the tiles all scrubbed here now , time for a coffee and a few of these delicious little things ...

Sorry now to bring back the fingers theme but this is a green fingered query of the gardening variety lol.I have a tomato plant that I am minding like a baby as the person who gave it to me definitely thinks I'll kill it,I have taken the secondary leaves off it (per YouTube ☺️) but there are some yellow flowers on it and I can't find info about them,do I remove them also or are they the future tomatoes?
    Anyone any idea?

Leave the flowers as far as I know Duvet !
    I think it means your plants are getting ready to produce tomatoes , that's my basic understanding of it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Just finished honey waffles.... They'd be alot nicer if served to me rather than me having to make from scratch... Still delish though :)

Does anyone keep in touch with Witchie..... Haven't seen a post from her in ages... Hope she's OK :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I'm totally numb today. I hate this state of mind, if I can even call it that. It's like I'm not really here.

• Advertisement

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I'm totally numb today. I hate this state of mind, if I can even call it that. It's like I'm not really here.

Sorry to hear that. Take a 'be kind to yourself' day. Just accept you're having a down day and know that that's OK.
    Watch a movie or read a light book.

Will you go away!!
    You're always the finger wagging mammy to us unruly bunch....I'd say it's the HRT getting your juices flowing... Menopause is good to you girl !

That's what the mods of this place are for! Sure if you look crossways they pounce on you!
    "Take it to feedback" I don't want to take it to feedback I just want to state my opinion!!

I am more of a sage like Sorceress imparting nuggets of wisdom and spells.

:D

President Kanye :(
    Just when you thought your Sunday couldn't get any worse.

President Kanye :(
    Just when you thought your Sunday couldn't get any worse.

I think its hilarious :D And sure it won't be any skin of our noses. Aren't we lucky to be away from the madness of the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I think its hilarious :D And sure it won't be any skin of our noses. Aren't we lucky to be away from the madness of the US.

We had Dana trying to dabble in politics here.

There is a lot of similarities between the two,

:pac:

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    We had Dana trying to dabble in politics here.

There is a lot of similarities between the two,

Yea, imagine 'All kinds of Everything' in rap

I think its hilarious And sure it won't be any skin of our noses. Aren't we lucky to be away from the madness of the US.

The US is part of the world which we're a part of too though and this gives Trump a better chance of re-election as West may take some votes that might have went to Biden. You won't get Trump voters voting for West anyways and that's for sure. Trump is a disgusting excuse for a human that is out for nobody but himself and some of his policies have been detrimental to the world as a whole.

The guy is batshít crazy....I'd start a gofund me page for a hitman only I'd not have time to sort donations and offers of services!

Don't get me wrong either this sh!t doesn't keep me up at night as I'm a believer in if you can't change something there's no point in dwelling on it but it would be great for America in particular and the world as a whole if he's ousted.

Oh? You're Widders sock puppet?
    I should have guessed tbh...love and light m'dear

:D

The US is part of the world which we're a part of too though and this gives Trump a better chance of re-election as West may take some votes that might have went to Biden. You won't get Trump voters voting for West anyways and that's for sure. Trump is a disgusting excuse for a human that is out for nobody but himself and some of his policies have been detrimental to the world as a whole.

Indeed. I feel that there is nothing any of us can do to influence change in America. If Kanye is elected I won't lose any sleep. As dreadful as Trump is I don't lose any sleep over him either.
    The world isn't as it was 10 years ago. That's a fact. I don't think its healthy to dwell on it though. For example there were people here who were very upset when Trump was elected, the same people who get all worked up about "the state of the world". The world will keep moving and changing. Letting external events impact so negatively on your state of mind isn't good.

All of that may seem very individualistic and like I don't care. I do care but I also have enough of a handle on myself to not let Kanye West of Donald Trump or Boris Johnson give me high blood pressure.

All of that may seem very individualistic and like I don't care. I do care but I also have enough of a handle on myself to not let Kanye West of Donald Trump or Boris Johnson give me high blood pressure.

I don't either, if you read my post above I more or less said the same. And it's your prerogative to find it hilarious. Each to their own and all that but to say it's no skin off our noses isn't true. There's not a hope West will get elected either. It just increases Trump's chance of re-election.

I don't either, if you read my post above I more or less said the same. And it's your prerogative to find it hilarious. Each to their own and all that but to say it's no skin off our noses isn't true. There's not a hope West will get elected either. It just increases Trump's chance of re-election.

I did read it. We are on the same page so.
    I find it funny because you just have to laugh at the madness.

I did read it. We are on the same page so. I find it funny because you just have to laugh at the madness.

Yeah it was just your it's no skin off our noses comment I was disagreeing with really.

Yeah it was just your it's no skin off our noses comment I was disagreeing with really.

That's ok :)

The southern states love trump...he will be re-elected...he brought industry..and jobs back to the oils fields.......the democrats couldn't find a candidate capable of taking him on...so Biden was the catch-all candidate.. There's more chance of Kanye being elected Grand Wizard of the KKK

I dunno Jack. There's a lot of disgruntled people in the Midwest who he promised jobs too in the last election that didn't materialise. Sure we can live in hope anyways.

Grand wizard of the KKK :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement