Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drug Dealer Fashion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

It's not cold enough in Ireland for Canada Goose even in winter

• Registered Users Posts: 19,078 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Goose down = pat down :o

They were those jackets because every time they see a cop, they duck.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

In my experience, when it comes to the teenage lads, it's now a thing to be able to produce the BT receipt. That's considered essential. Majority of these lads are indeed selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

In my experience, when it comes to the teenage lads, it's now a thing to be able to produce the BT receipt. That's considered essential. Majority of these lads are indeed selling.

The mind boggles imagine going around with a BT receipt, they genuinely must not have even one brain cell.

Also would an intelligent dealer not have enough sense to not dress in a way that draws attention to themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

mariaalice wrote: »
    The mind boggles imagine going around with a BT receipt, they genuinely must not have even one brain cell.

Also would an intelligent dealer not have enough sense to not dress in a way that draws attention to themselves.

You would think that, but most of these geniuses want to be known as dealers by their family, peers and the gardaí, they just don't want to get caught.

Doesn't make sense but neither does wearing a wooly moncler hat, canada goose jacket, pair of hugo boss shorts & gucci sliders when it's 25 degrees out, and the same uniform for when it's 0 degrees out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

mariaalice wrote: »

No, because they're not intelligent. They're sheep that follow all their peers in the way they dress making it look like an identifying uniform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

D3V!L wrote: »
    No, because they're not intelligent. They're sheep that follow all their peers in the way they dress making it look like an identifying uniform.

pretty much spot on, no sense of individual style whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

I need a new jacket apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

They look like little birds with their tiny sparrow legs sticking out of the bottom of what look like ruffled up binbags.

Those gucci hats with the snake are the worst looking thing i've ever seen too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

This is probably an urban myth, but apparently one of the big American urban fashion brands use to ignore a certain amount of shoplifting by young black teens, knowing it was the quickest way to make something popular or acquire a bit of a cult following.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Used to buy North Face for work wear myself, comfy stuff. Looked at the website recently to buy more, now most of the stuff is garish looking.

Snickers all the way for me, hope the dealers don't get into that stuff :D

BuboBubo wrote: »
    Used to buy North Face for work wear myself, comfy stuff. Looked at the website recently to buy more, now most of the stuff is garish looking.

Snickers all the way for me, hope the dealers don't get into that stuff :D
    Yeah I thought the same when I looked a couple of months ago.
    I prefer to wear roughly the same clothes all the time. I hate having to find new ones when brands discontinue what I usually get.
    The current vogue for tight trousers is particularly annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭bullpost

I've wondered lately whether Adidas and Nike are now seen as Dad brands for these lads. Everyone under 20 seems to wear Under Armour, North Face etc. Yet it seems to die out once they pass 21 or thereabouts and they move away from the skinny jeans/ trackies and the teenager brands.

Canada Goose is comical looking stuff. I've seen lads wearing them in the height of the recent sunshine, no wonder they're all so skinny the weight must be sweating off them :pac:

That's another one that's changed lately. Young lads are skinny again. 5 years ago when ****e like Geordie Shore was at its height there wasn't a teenager around who wasn't a weightlifting gym junkie.

I think the middle-class teens are still gym bunnies - probably due to the rugger influence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

An awful lot of the grey goose and stone Island gear you see is fake. They do be in the family pub in town selling all sorts. Those lads who are top-heavy wearing bet on Kenzo, armani, north face tops, with bet on skinny jeans, no socks and fluorescent runners are priceless. The lads out in clubs (the local) are gas. The height of fashion and the spitting image of one another.

I use to wear alot of skate and outdoor brands, but now they're everywhere in mass quantities and variations, and the quality is absolutely p*ss poor. Vans for example. I remember buying a basic entry level pair in the early 00's for roughly €40, now that same pair is €85 in schuh.:rolleyes:

bullpost wrote: »
    I think the middle-class teens are still gym bunnies - probably due to the rugger influence.
    Nah it's not just rugby.

Getting fit is a good thing per se, but I suspect it comes from feelings of inadequacy sometimes.

Availability is a factor. Only the most basic gym equipment was available to most people my age when I was a teenager before college. The utility of deadlifts and creatine and stuff like that was not common knowledge either.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

Just looking at some of the Moncler stuff now online: some really lovely stuff, especially the sweatshirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Passed over the Luas tracks in Rialto on Friday and saw 5 lads going the other way, 4 wearing North face jackets and one wearing a "man bag" that in my time as a teenager would have been called a handbag, when did this fashion start??

• Registered Users Posts: 30,299 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Doesn't matter what kind of clothes they're wearing, you pick them out immediately by the tracksuit tucked into the socks. Didn't realise they had upgraded from Addidas and Nike tbh, I don't look at them long enough to know what brand it is. Just throw my internal disdain at them and move on.

I thought that wasn't as popular now.
    They generally wear no socks now with trackies and white socks with sliders and shorts and a big jacket!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Thanks for the tips lads. I now know what not to wear when I'm selling recreational pharmaceuticals. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

imme wrote: »
    Certain fashion brands now seem to be de rigueur for younger drug dealers and their hangers on.

Canada Goose and Moncler seem to be a uniform for them these days.

Even on the warmest days you can see young goosedown jacket clad guys going about their business in €600 jackets.

Was there ever an easier way to recognise them before now.

Is there any other item that is a style signifier for drug scum.

How do you know this? Do people you buy your drugs of wear these funny clothes?
    And how do you know there not method actors, preparing to play unstylish drug dealer?
    De Niro became a taxi driver to prepare for Taxi Driver.
    Some of the Trainspoting lads hanged around with ex-Heroin addicts & Ewan McGregor wanted to inject Heroin into his arm, so just smoked it instead (I think).
    Snoop Pearson who was a hitwoman on The Wire, went & took method acting to the next level and eh, killed someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Thanks for the tips lads. I now know what not to wear when I'm selling recreational pharmaceuticals. :D

PM me please, would love a few Xanax bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

And what’s with them with one hand down their pants!? Scum!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

jodaw wrote: »
    Not really a whole lot the brand can do about fakes. The more popular a brand becomes with a segment that generally does not have the finances to purchase that brand, a gap opens in the market.

Lets be honest, they are more interested in a badge than the benefits of duck down. Sure most of them have argos microfibre duvets.

If the counterfeiters can sell a piece of crap with a fake badge on it,manufactured for €10 for €60, then drug dealers are in the wrong business

There are Chinese reps that even the companies themselves have difficulty in telling if they are fake

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Passed over the Luas tracks in Rialto on Friday and saw 5 lads going the other way, 4 wearing North face jackets and one wearing a "man bag" that in my time as a teenager would have been called a handbag, when did this fashion start??

You see men in France and Eastern Europe wear these little bags.

I think you only see them in Ireland in very recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

How do you know this? Do people you buy your drugs of wear these funny clothes?
    And how do you know there not method actors, preparing to play unstylish drug dealer?
    De Niro became a taxi driver to prepare for Taxi Driver.
    Some of the Trainspoting lads hanged around with ex-Heroin addicts & Ewan McGregor wanted to inject Heroin into his arm, so just smoked it instead (I think).
    Snoop Pearson who was a hitwoman on The Wire, went & took method acting to the next level and eh, killed someone.

:confused:

Are you a stand up comedian

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

A drug dealer on my road had his house raided this weekend. His work uniform is a pair of shorts with a black shiny Canada Goose Jacket.

There is another drug dealer in my estate. Canada Goose gillet, grey North face tracksuit and balenciaga runners.

It's very similar to the late 90s early 00s when Burberry got caught up with Chav Culture. They had to rebrand themselves, get rid of their signature colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

In the 90s where I grew up it was scanda jackets everywhere and black or blue Levi's with the Nike air max, it was a hiking jacket pulled in tight at the waist and folded up over the arse.

Unzipped a bit so you could also see the Paco jumper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,564 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

You have to laugh cause the designer gear they where on night out is rotten and tacky, worst part is so many older teens wearing it people just presume it's fake,

The big brand designer have coped on its now teenagers who buy there gear, If you can remeber 15 years ago all designer gear had small labels, they where classy brands,
    That's gone out the window the splash the brand name across the clothes every where like Nike, Adidas and so on as thats the demographic now buying there gear,

It's even worse when you, see the dealers in there 30s or 40s dressing like the "fashionable" teens, Money can't buy class

Advertisement