Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whether to pursue relationship

• 31-05-2016 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I matched a girl on Tinder & we started to message. We seemed to have a lot in common. After about a week of messaging I asked this girl out on a date. We met up for a drink & had a great time together we chatted for about 3 hours & we seemed to have great chemistry. We didn't kiss after the date because I'm very shy & bottled it but I still felt the date went great. We continued to message & agreed this time to go for dinner. Again I felt that the dinner went great, there was no awkward silences & we were both laughing & she invited me in to meet her housemate but she wasn't there & we just had a cup of tea & we chatted. After a while I really wanted to kiss her but I bottled it again & just said goodbye. I felt like such an idiot & when I got home i texted her to say I had a great time again. After this though in the next couple of days the text messages were few & far between & there didn't seem to be the same chemistry. After a few days I asked her would she liked to meet up again & she very politely said that she wasn't looking for anything at the moment. I was disappointed with this & I asked to go out again as I felt we had great chemistry but she responded by saying she was very flattered but wasn't in the headspace for seeing someone & was considering moving away

I really feel that we could have something special but I don't want to seem like a stalker by cotinually messaging her or asking her out again. I was thinking about maybe not texting her for a couple of weeks & seeing how I feel then or maybe she might have had a change of heart?

What do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

In my experience, when a woman says no I just respect her wishes.

Besides, if her head is all over the place she'll probably end up hurting you without meaning to. You don't want part of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

OP tbh I think you need to let this one go and move on.

Her messages have been very clear that she doesn't want to pursue a relationship. Which I realise may be hard to understand as she probably shouldn't have gone out with you a second time, but cest la vie!

Plenty more fish in the sea :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Tonywhite wrote: »
    After a few days I asked her would she liked to meet up again & she very politely said that she wasn't looking for anything at the moment. I was disappointed with this & I asked to go out again as I felt we had great chemistry but she responded by saying she was very flattered but wasn't in the headspace for seeing someone & was considering moving away

She's made it very clear she is not interested so move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

You'll have to chalk this one up to experience OP.

Yes, maybe things might have been slightly better if you'd been a bit more brave, but she's made her decision now, and you've already asked twice. You need to leave it there.

When you next meet a girl you like, remember this experience and let loose a little. Fortune favours the brave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Johnnyhpipe

Leave it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

She's made it clear that she's not interested, for whatever reason.

Don't go down the road of thinking that it might have all been different if you'd gone for that kiss you wanted to. If she was interested, she'd be agreeing to meet you, regardless off that.

Advertisement