Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women's Christmas

Options
  • 06-01-2015 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭

Anyone else doing Nollaig na mBan today? Girlfriend's brother and I are making dinner for the women in our lives including both our mothers and his mother in law, so wish us luck.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

Anyone else doing Nollaig na mBan today? Girlfriend's brother and I are making dinner for the women in our lives including both our mothers and his mother in law, so wish us luck.

What are you going to cook? Good luck! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

Good luck. I only really knew this was a thing a few days ago, but my wife tends to go from liking Christmas up until Christmas, then absolutely hating any mention of it from them on, so I'd be taking my life in my hands if I even mentioned 'little Christmas' at this stage :0)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I don't really get the concept of Women's Christmas. It seems a bit outdated.

I am celebrating Little Christmas by getting a Chinese tonight though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭donegal_man

What are you going to cook? Good luck! :D

We did Caesar salad, followed by steak and chips with all the fixings then home made trifle. Went down pretty well I have to say.
    Posy wrote: »
    I don't really get the concept of Women's Christmas. It seems a bit outdated................... :D

Ah anything that keeps the party going is okay with me and I'm a big fan of the old traditions especially.

Advertisement