Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCT or DOE

• 17-11-2011 9:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭

Hi,

Last year my tax on a 1998 110 Defender Hard Top changed from Commercial to Private. It's always been a private vehicle since it was imported and when registered I was told I'd have to tax it as commercial regardless of use as it was a commercial vehicle (not that I was complaining!).

When the usage was changed in the tax office last year I was told that I would still be required to do the DOE and tax it as private. However the other day I received a notification from the NCT that I needed to do a test.

Does anyone know which one I'll need to do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

If it's a commercial vehicle it must have a DOE regardless of taxation class, you received an NCT notification because its taxed privately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭bigfeller

Do I can safely ignore the NCT notice?

Thank you.

Advertisement