Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Range Rover Electronic air suspension.

Options
  • 10-11-2011 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Well it finaly happened, after 9 months of ownership.

Driving at 70 mph on a motorway all the eas lights started to flash, the message eas failure came up on the dash. For a moment nothing seemed to happen, then I was traveling at 70mph on the bumpstops ( Irony here).
    A bit dangerous really although the road was smooth it was very bumpy. I pulled into a service area and surveyed my low rider.

Nothing for it but to drive back on the bumpstops. I could do about 50 on the motorway and even 30 on backish roads, but the last 3 miles were hell st 5 miles an hour crashing around.

So what to do. a quick look on the net threw up http://rswsolutions.com, they supply a free software download over the net. They also give instructions on how to make a lead. I had a code reader around so i used the plug from it, and Maplins provided the rest. They also sell ready made leads so if your not handy with a soldering iron, it may be no harm to order one, as the rest is a doddle.

The software and lead allow you to connect your laptop up to the Rangies eas and reset it. The lead is for a serial port but I used a converter to allow usb connection.

EAS1.jpg

EAS.jpg

I wasn't really expecting anything, but amazingly the bytes started to flow, I was able to dowload the fault (stuck exhaust valve) and clear it. I removed the lead and started up the Rangie. after a few seconds it started to rise up and all the warning lights and beeps disapeared.

An amazing result for a freebie. I'm not counting my chickens yet but I'll see how it goes. I will buy an eas kicker to keep in the car but If your P38 sits down, this might help.

I still haven't investigated the previous starting issue( the last problem), but I will report on it when I get a chance.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

As a technophobe I'm well impressed, well done!

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Well done and a lot cheaper than buying an EAS Kicker. There's a fair bit of knowledge out there now for those determined to keep a P38 on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭O.A.P

Good to see it workout well for you, Im better with spanners than computers and that would have me digging deeper into the overdraft I'd bet.
    I would not have the guts to keep driving when it got very bad, every bang would be another 100 euros in my head.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Bumpstop

My determination is waning, but it's odd, it has such character.
    I prefer the spanner approach normaly myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭rrv8

Been using that rswsolutions software for years now and its a brilliant bit of software considering its free
    P38 get bad press but the best thing about them is there is so much info available on the net for them it is always possible to find a easy way of fixing them
    Once youve got fears of electronics out the way they are easy to work around (me having a electronics degree helps )
    Biggest issue ive had is broken wires in the drivers foot well , have cured 6 now with so called BECM failure but actually due to broken wires

• Advertisement
Advertisement