Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Lights or coloured lights?

Options
  • 09-11-2011 11:31pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Which do you prefer on your tree?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I love both, my mother prefers the white ones though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I used to always prefer white, but this year I'm going multicoloured for sure!!

I like them all!

I have red and white and I love it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭anticonno16

No lights. Can't afford them this year.

Burnt the house down last year.

Admittedly the dog chewed through the cable

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

Multicoloured definitely:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭tittle mouse

both and as many as i can fit on the tree :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

both & as many as you can get on the tree safely :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

The only colour lights I don't like are the LED blue ones. I prefer white.

Although, I think it's something I could get used to. I saw some multicoloured LEDs in the window of Debenham's a few nights back and blue were amongst them and I didn't think they looked bad.

They're becoming the norm now. I do think there is something special about the tungsten glow of the traditional white fairy lights though. I'll miss it when they're gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I like the white ones but we have red berry ones. I might get some white ones this year too. You can never have enough lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

I rather coloured lights :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭snowgal

white white white all the way, all the time! I love the twinkling of clear lights against the tree!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It depends on the colour scheme at the time for me really!
    Generally I'll have clear lights on the tree and coloured ones on the mantlepiece garland. I wanted coloured lights this year however, but was out-voted. :p

I got LED lights last year in Argos in 'Warm White' and they were a bit more 'yellowy' than normal clear LEDS which was good. I'm with Das Kitty, I'm not too keen on the almost blue-white colour of the LEDs, I prefer a more warm golden colour. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

White lights only allowed in our house (my orders):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭battleaxe88

white lights defo!! I also dont like those blue LED's they make my eyes feel funny!!

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

white lights defo!! I also dont like those blue LED's they make my eyes feel funny!!

Defo white lights!! coloured onea are nice too but thos LEd ones can make you want to vommit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I have only white led lights, I have about 5 sets of multi function and love the twinkle setting on 3 sets, it very slow on and off with random lights, looks amazing.
    The other two sets don't have the same settings and its hard to find one I like.
    I generally get as much lights as I can on the tree, colour comes from decorations, I have had blue, purple and silver the last couple of years, looking out for some eye catching brights this year. I'm very fussy though, and I also like really thick tinsel, I wrap it around stuff (TV, fire place, stairs) and sometimes add lights.

My only issue is sockets, this place has very few, but I am moving right before christmas (I hope in time) and the new place has loads. (yay! must buy more lights!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

For inside, I'd prefer multicoloured ones on the tree, but for outside definitely all white ones! They make everything look so pretty outside. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭Kiva.D

My roomy prefers white twinkle lights... I like the warmth of multi-coloured, non-twinkly ones.

I <3Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

157115_1.jpg

We have lights similar to these. They look fantastic on a tree. Gives it a really classic but fun look! We've had them ever since I can remember! Every year they refuse to work but I refuse to let them be thrown out. I go through every bulb and the fuse and eventually (usually with help from my father) we get them working. We also have a set of white LED lights and a set of red cherry lights. We put them all on to really make our tree glow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Saoirse333

White lights are horrible!!! I can't stand them-they're so plain and cold. I really don't like trees with those lights because they're so unexciting!!

Coloured lights are by far the best!:) Anyone who I've ever spoken to about lights have said the same.

• Advertisement
Advertisement