Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disco for 8.5k or Pathfinder for 12...same milage

Options
  • 07-11-2011 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi all

Which would you recommend paying 4k for Disco same milage

I must say Disco is much more comfortable to drive and seems more solid

I wonder am I getting value 3.5 k extra?

Thanks
    noel

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

Which Disco vs which Nissan?

PS Disco should win hands down, but...

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭noel123ie

Fishtits wrote: »
    Which Disco vs which Nissan?

PS Disco should win hands down, but...

Hi there

Its amnual gearbox 07 discovery with 70,000 miels v pathfinder same milage commercial manual

I may not have goven what you need if not please advise and Il send on

Also automatic discos are much cheaper is this due to being less popular and are they worth considering?

Thanks
    Noel

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Theanswers

noel123ie wrote: »
    Hi there

Its amnual gearbox 07 discovery with 70,000 miels v pathfinder same milage commercial manual

I may not have goven what you need if not please advise and Il send on

Also automatic discos are much cheaper is this due to being less popular and are they worth considering?

Thanks
    Noel

If I was you I'd go Discovery. It's more comfortable to drive. Also the pathfinder is 5,000 more expensive. It's going to give a small abit of trouble, thus it WILL cost you more even if the disco also does give a small amount of trouble.

I'd go auto, its nicer to drive. Great a towing, very smooth have driven a few.

DISCO all the way.It will also have stronger resale value if you plan on keeping the 4x4 long term, as its a Land Rover.

The reason the auto is less expensive is the Irish mantality. They dont like change, and therefore give out about it because some fella in the 70s said auto were bad. Auto is the way forward. Trust me you wont go back. Plus offroad an auto wont loose momentum wereas a manual will when you change gears. Also on manual you have clutch/ flywheel to replace. Costly Job.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭noel123ie

Hi

Sorry only reread title now

The discovery is 12k and pathfinder is 8500

Sorry about that
    Noel

Advertisement