Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So my dog just got stung by a Wasp on the belly

• 01-08-2020 8:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,315 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

Anyone here any experience of your dog getting stung and anyone got any tips on what I should do. It's a little swollen and sore but he is ok otherwise.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Give him a piriton, one of our boxers is a complete idiot and forever doing mad stuff like eating wasps, give her a piriton each time and sorts her out in no time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

My special needs dog HATES bees/wasps, goes bonkers when they come into the house, and will obsessively try to catch them - gets stung at least once/year - his face swells up, but it soon goes back to normal. I would just watch your dog to make sure hes not allergic etc - and if you had Piriton, give him half (what are the chances that you have any though :D - worth adding to your emergency animal first aid kit probably!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,315 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

He is all good now thank you. No I did not have any piriton or even know what it was before this.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭zedhead

Our little guy got stung this evening on his back leg. Pretty sure it was a wasp but when i swatted it off his leg the sting stayed behind. I got it out at home but the poor thing is so confused. He always lies on that leg and he keeps trying and having to move.

Not much swelling but he is totally out of sorts. He was full of energy before (was taking him out to try and burn some of it) and now he is very lethargic. We gave him a chew stick and he ate it, so think he's ok, just feeling sorry for himself. Have no piritin but just gonna keep an eye on him.

Advertisement