Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alloys worth saving?

Options
  • 01-08-2020 2:12pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,434 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Going through the garage and have an old set of 13" wheels that have corroded quite badly.

Not sure if worth saving or if they are even salvagable.

Also open to covering them into some form of furniture if that's betters :D

Photos attached.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Me, I'd dump them. Not worth the hassle.
    Put them up some sites and see if anyone will take them at all.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,434 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Yeah that was my other option. Stick them up for €20 (so I don't get time wasters!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Look grand to me the white power is just aluminium oxide that will just brush off.

ARGINITE wrote: »
    Look grand to me the white power is just aluminium oxide that will just brush off.

It does look like the alloy has flaked aswell though. I might just stick them up and hope someone buys them. I'll probably never use them again myself anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭selectamatic

What pcd fitment are they?

• Advertisement

They're 13x7JJ et-7 should be 4 x 4" (101.6mm) as they're for a mini

• Registered Users Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Should be able to get rid of them handy enough so. They'll fit loads of older small british cars.

Advertisement