Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise on posterior pelvic tilt.

Options
  • 10-02-2015 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭

I have started seeing a physio in relation to back and knee problems . I see him in the Orthopedic hospital every month.

He has diagnosed my problem to be on of posture and core stability . My spine over arches. He has told me it is correctable, but it will not be easy and I have to start at the very start.

I have been asked to practice tilting my pelvis without using my upper abdominal muscles or legs. And knee drops from the same position. Again only using my stability muscles .

I have been trying this twice daily for the last week. I cant get it. Its really frustrating as its step one.

I can get my lower transversus abdominis muscles to fire, but not independently.

I have to work my whole abdominal muscle to get any life below my belly button.

Any suggestions? I really dont want to go back and have made no progress in reconnecting this set of muscles to my brain....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭bonzo_k

Is it posterior or anterior ?

A posterior tilt tends to reduce the curvature of the lumbar lordosis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

posterior. I think reducing the curvature is his aim.

Advertisement