Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flexibility

Options
  • 02-11-2010 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭

im planning on taking up a martial art but im about as flexible as a crow bar! would yoga make me more flexible? if so what type would you recommend? are there any classes in carlow or kilkenny and how much roughly would it cost per class? thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

sonic85 wrote: »
    im planning on taking up a martial art but im about as flexible as a crow bar! would yoga make me more flexible? if so what type would you recommend? are there any classes in carlow or kilkenny and how much roughly would it cost per class? thanks in advance!
    Yoga should definitely help you. I think all styles would improve your flexibility, so I'd focus on finding a style that suits you.

Prices in your area may vary from the Dublin prices I'm used to. Price also tends to vary with the frequency which with you practice e.g., a 8 class card may be €120, but a 10 class card could be €140. On average, a drop-in class could be between €15-20, and a six-week course between €85-90.

Happy bending!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Any exercise incorporating stretching improves your flexibility - I've been doing a lot of up-hill walking and various types of classes: yoga, pilates, dance, aerobics, and by god the flexibility I had as a youngling 20 years ago doing gymnastics and dance (and I was pretty flexible - sh1te co-ordination and balance, but bendy as hell :pac:) is really returning with a vengeance! :)

Advertisement