Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone done yoga in India?

Options
  • 14-06-2012 7:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm going to India for a few months at the end of the year.
    I want to do a yoga retreat for about a month. I've a buget of about 1000 euro for it ( I dont mind what type of yoga)

I'd love to hear about experiences any of you have had doing yoga in India and if you can recommend a place.

Thanks a mill! :)
    D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

Ive been to the Sivananda Centre in Kerala. That was only ok. I dont know, it was a bit too American High School Summer Camp for me.

What kind of yoga are you looking to experience? Where in India are you going?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MelissaCB

I'm in a similar situation, hoping to do a TTC in November. There are so many options its mind boggling. The Ashtanga Yoga Mysore TTC is November 2nd to 3oth and is $9oo for the course alone, then food and accommodation which includes wifi, cleaning and laundry, is $2oo. Seems the best I've seen so far, and I've been procrastinating for some time now!
    The contact is ashtangayogamysore@gmail.com
    Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

Hi

Just wondering if anyone can share experiences of retreats they've been on? Anywhere in the world..and would also love to hear about perhaps initial courses should one decide to pursue their interest In Yoga further.
    Specifically I've been looking at a certificate week long course in Orleans, France.

Thanks
    Donna

Advertisement